Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I printed the script a while back & skimmed it, but I can't answer the trivia question. You've intrigued me though, and now I have to read it.

TRIVIA: I was reading “Planet of the Apes Revisited” last night and I learned the actual name of the Lawgiver. Does anyone else know his name?

According to the completed outline for Battle, as written by Paul Dehn, the Lawgiver was to be Caesars’ successor... I think that’s very interesting. :cool:

Paul Dehn wrote a completed outline for Battle. Unfortunately, he became very sick and was replaced by John and Joyce Corrington. :(

According to “Planet of the Apes Revisited”, Paul Dehn was moving Battle into even darker territory than Conquest had. It’s to bad that this was not the direction that Jacobs, or Fox, wanted to go.

That is such a fun book to read. I think that is what got me into this monkey business, after trying to quell my love of the apes for a very long time...I came upon that in the library one day and it's been all about apes ever since. :banana:banana:banana

I think that's the book where I saw a photo of a chimp and a gorilla kissing, somewhere in the back. You'll have to check that out for me since it's been over a year since I've pawed through the book.

It was amazing to see the dark territory that Dehn was going into...especially the tragic turn of events with Battle...too bad he got sick and others had to take over. It would have been good to see his vision. I am just a sucker for sad endings.

I am afraid old age has made my memory very muddled...I can not recall the answer to your trivia question.

Here is Dr. Galen's updated photo. I am done with sculpting for this guy. Now to paint him up and sew him new duds, after I sew up Dr. Galen's apron for Angel.

DrGalen018.jpg

I added just tiny amounts more of Apoxie around the hairline.
DrGalen019.jpg

That is such a fun book to read. I think that is what got me into this monkey business, after trying to quell my love of the apes for a very long time...I came upon that in the library one day and it's been all about apes ever since. :banana:banana:banana

I read it about 2 years ago. My memory is so bad :gandalf it's almost like reading again for the first time.

I think that's the book where I saw a photo of a chimp and a gorilla kissing, somewhere in the back. You'll have to check that out for me since it's been over a year since I've pawed through the book.

I'll take a look when I get home for the chimp and a gorilla kissing. I really don't recall that.:duh

It was amazing to see the dark territory that Dehn was going into...especially the tragic turn of events with Battle...too bad he got sick and others had to take over. It would have been good to see his vision. I am just a sucker for sad endings.

From what I read, "tragic turn of events" sums it up very nicely Jessica. Poor Caesar... :(

I am afraid old age has made my memory very muddled...I can not recall the answer to your trivia question.

Let's see if anyone else comes up with the answer before I reveal it. Someone else has got to know it. I'll send a mancatcher/control stick to the 1st person who comes up with the answer and posts it here. :)

Ooooo "The Legacy" is an episode from the TV series! I thought Hasslien was refering to a movie. :duh

Hasslien - I still can't picture this Kraik... I'll have to check that out. I don't recall any ape children in that episode to use Anakin for.

Ooooo "The Legacy" is an episode from the TV series! I thought Hasslien was refering to a movie. :duh

Hasslien - I still can't picture this Kraik... I'll have to check that out. I don't recall any ape children in that episode to use Anakin for.

Oooooh, turn in your POTA membership card. :monkey3
He was not an ape child, he was the human child that they used to make Virdon think of his family and give the gorillas information.

Oooooh, turn in your POTA membership card. :monkey3
He was not an ape child, he was the human child that they used to make Virdon think of his family and give the gorillas information.

Ironman, do you think the makeup people for the Legacy made him use fake teeth? I remember that Kraik's teeth were so perfectly ugly and yellow, and it was so believable that he never brushed his teeth at all in his life...which was such a contrast to Virdon's perfectly white teeth.

Only the grieves left, and the fasteners for the shoulder and cape!! Then I don't know if I want to be a UFO moonbase person or the Mighty Isis! Perhaps Isis, since my hair is long enough. I'm not sure now.

hoplite006-1.jpg

I was backtracking and saw this photo. Really nice job Jessica.

Hmm. I'm not sure where those horse photos that Jessica posted went but here is the new Did horse that is in a galloping pose.

Also, Kfog, not sure if you found that Young adult body yet? It can be found at Monkeydepot.com under WWII Axis boxed figures. Not to offend anyone here, but it is a Hitler Youth figure. I think DiD did a few different versions of young germans.
60031-2.jpg

60031-3.jpg

60031-4.jpg

The galloping stance is great, but I don't like the fur on it. Fur is made to be worn around my collar, or jacket, or around the cuff of my gloves, but not the horsie! :D

If I could find that stance without the fur, I would buy it in an instant.

Last edited:
Back