Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange, that's what someone in the yahoo group said, but for some reason I really had no interest in seeing the blu-ray there. What they were projecting was smaller than what is in the Best Buy demo room...

I don't want it to sound like I didn't have a good time, I just think they were a little disrespectful to Linda. During Buck's words she said "He talks more than I do" like she had done something wrong by trying to give an extended tribute rather than just a couple of off the cuff remarks. And I would have liked to have seen Planet from the beginning, other than walking in on "You cut up his brain..."

I sounded like that and that's too bad. Everyone always wants to hear more about Mr, Heston and not poor Linda. I could listen to her all day.:naughty

I don't know why but I'm so inspired to finish Dr. Galen. Here he is drying on a rack
:
DrGalen008.jpg

DrGalen010.jpg

I also added a little bit more hair. Wish his nose weren't crooked, but it's so tiny I don't think you would really notice once he's all painted up...I'll see how he paints up. If he looks like an idiot, I will sand off his nose and re-do:
DrGalen007.jpg

I know why you're inspired, because it looks FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Thanks Hasslein!!

I didn't want to waste the Apoxie, so I thought I would be smart and rework a pair of Robin shoes:
DrGalen011.jpg

Those shoes looked great, but they didn't work. They looked like clown feet, so I trimmed them and reworked them. They still look spuddy, but not like clown feet and they are removeable.

DrGalen013.jpg

Don't these look like huaraches?
DrGalen014.jpg

I peeled off the first sculpt and you can see the size difference:
DrGalen015.jpg

Turns out I just got another GREAT deal on eBay. I'm only paying $11.50 for a Thunderbolt horse (w/his saddle) shipped to my house via priority mail. That's insane! That gorilla horse jockey (that I recently made) is going to be getting a new horse! :woo

Congrats! That's a great deal!!!

Dr. Galen is looking really good also! :emperor He rocks!

Thanks!! That means a lot. I figure that this sculpting practice will help me when I turn my Sideshow Robert Patrick into a Dr. Galen.

What do you think guys...should I keep the Robert Patrick body and hair that up, since he seemed so much taller than Zira...or use a Cornelius body?

dr4.jpg

Angel - are the Anakin boots molded on, or do the come off? I got a couple extras a few years back, one to make Kraik, and the other to use the outfit for the "pigtail girl" at the end of Battle. I tried removing the boots but they didn't budge...

TRIVIA: I was reading “Planet of the Apes Revisited” last night and I learned the actual name of the Lawgiver. Does anyone else know his name?

According to the completed outline for Battle, as written by Paul Dehn, the Lawgiver was to be Caesars’ successor... I think that’s very interesting. :cool:

Paul Dehn wrote a completed outline for Battle. Unfortunately, he became very sick and was replaced by John and Joyce Corrington. :(

According to “Planet of the Apes Revisited”, Paul Dehn was moving Battle into even darker territory than Conquest had. It’s to bad that this was not the direction that Jacobs, or Fox, wanted to go.

Last edited:
Thanks!! That means a lot. I figure that this sculpting practice will help me when I turn my Sideshow Robert Patrick into a Dr. Galen.

What do you think guys...should I keep the Robert Patrick body and hair that up, since he seemed so much taller than Zira...or use a Cornelius body?

dr4.jpg

That's a good idea Jess - I'd use the Robert Patrick body if it were my choice. I really like the idea of making him a bit different (from Cornelius) with a little more height.

Back