Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stickman, I do know of the Hitler Youth figures. They have a teenage sized body. Thanks for the info though. I may have to swing by Monkey Depot and say hello to Brady. I actually was in the store last week. I also check out Toy Anxiety. They have a pretty nice store too. I may have to take pics of both and put them here on the forum.:monkey3

I saw that today and can't wait for it to be available, Shaun-O.

Sticks---remember when you said to put my order in for the Exclusive Dr. Zaius? It's going to be Christmas for me Halloween day! Sideshow is going to complete my order! I can't believe that!!

Another reason why it's Christmas for me this Halloween...I am going to be getting my very expensive wig for Zira delivered!! (Put out good thoughts for me guys, so that it doesn't walk off my front porch. The wig place wouldn't deliver to my work)...but what to do. I hate that. Oh well. It will come and all will be well. I will it to be.

The galloping stance is great, but I don't like the fur on it. Fur is made to be worn around my collar, or jacket, or around the cuff of my gloves, but not the horsie! :D

If I could find that stance without the fur, I would buy it in an instant.

It's the mane that bothers me, I'd have to shorten it a little. The price is a little steep too. $100. :horror

Outside of that, i think am armed gorilla would rock, or even two with a net between them would look nice. :)

I saw that today and can't wait for it to be available, Shaun-O.

Sticks---remember when you said to put my order in for the Exclusive Dr. Zaius? It's going to be Christmas for me Halloween day! Sideshow is going to complete my order! I can't believe that!!

Another reason why it's Christmas for me this Halloween...I am going to be getting my very expensive wig for Zira delivered!! (Put out good thoughts for me guys, so that it doesn't walk off my front porch. The wig place wouldn't deliver to my work)...but what to do. I hate that. Oh well. It will come and all will be well. I will it to be.

Congrats Jessica. :banana:banana:banana

That is so awesome. I wonder why they're still in stock, and it took so long to convert. Maybe all those Dr. Z's were hiding because they didn't want to leave SS' warehouse until they knew more figures were in the works.

I think we should rally again and give SS a Battle Cry. I know we talked about it, but we never did attack. The General kept having us wait. :horror

When I get Angel's awesome wagon I'm going to shoot as many cool looking pics as I can, it would be great if everyone could musteer up some photos so we can show SS our love, like PZ did at the Comic Con.

Oh Here is the wonderful documents I got from SS regarding that Figure it Out Contest! I'm truly honored by them.

Sideshowletter.jpg

SideshowAwarda.jpg

Oh my goodness, Sticks...that is so wonderful! Congratulations again.

When the good General gives us the word, we will fight like apes.

Gee, I'm almost embarassed to post my new photos after your certificate of merit...but what the hell. Here goes. Sorry it's not as technically as beautiful as your shots, Sticks, but these are Megos we are talking about. I'll try to take better shots when I complete the painting and have a real outfit for Dr. Galen...and I will take photos with way better lighting...by moving the photoshoot outdoors (cause my camera suckssssss).

This place is dirty, Doctor.
DrGalen038.jpg

Doctor, these animals are dirty. They stink!
They carry communicable diseases.
Why aren't they cleaned up before they're brought here?

DrGalen037.jpg

I love the way Dr. Galen looks so grumpy in the last shot! :banana

It's the mane that bothers me, I'd have to shorten it a little. The price is a little steep too. $100. :horror

Outside of that, i think am armed gorilla would rock, or even two with a net between them would look nice. :)

Price is a bit steep, I agree.

I think the mane looks weird because it's not flying behind. A bit of Aquanet or some type of strong holding spray should make the mane look appropriate to the horse's gallop.

The two gorillas with netting between would totally look AWESOME, but you would have to crop off part of one of the horses, because they will be in the exact same gallop.

Unless I missed a post somewhere and someone answered it, I was going to let someone else answer, but since noone did, the answer to the trivia question is ZENO(lawgiver)

Hey Angel! That Horse that You recently purchased on ebay is an original Marx Jonny West Horse that came with the wagon. :rolleyes:

Hi Angel! Do you think that I should use a light gray gloss for the stuffed Dodge eyes? :confused:

Ironman, do you think the makeup people for the Legacy made him use fake teeth? I remember that Kraik's teeth were so perfectly ugly and yellow, and it was so believable that he never brushed his teeth at all in his life...which was such a contrast to Virdon's perfectly white teeth.

I don't remember them being terribly bad, but I thought they were his real ones.

And Sticks, THAT ROCKS!!!! I, for one, am proud of you and to call you friend.
Keep that awesome stuff coming bro!!

Last edited:
This place is dirty, Doctor.
DrGalen038.jpg

Doctor, these animals are dirty. They stink!
They carry communicable diseases.
Why aren't they cleaned up before they're brought here?

DrGalen037.jpg

Thank you all so very much, I love that the President of SS and all the VP's, (Mat Falls!!!) signed it.

Jessica theses pictures ROCK!!!. Lighting will surely enhance them further. I love your new Chimp. Your Mego Cornelius and Zira look light years better after your paint job, and your new Dr. Looks amazing. Very cool set up. I love the cell door and backdrop. I'm a Diorama Freak. Can I come over to play.

Remeber I said I was practicing my lighting? Here are a few shots of little toys, 3 3/4 inch Gi Joes that I use for practice. I know they're not Ape related but I enjoy lighting.

IMG_7467.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

IMG_7430.jpg

IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg

IMG_7532.jpg

You know what Jessica, I wouldn't bring it outside. I think all you need is a little FILL light. Grab a practical light, any lamp, and bring it in near Zira, just to put a little light on her face and front, just a tad, a fill. Another thing you can do is find out the wattage of the overhead light you're using and get a lamp that is either half or a quarter of that wattage and use that as your fill light. I think you'll be much happier with your shots in a controlled environment. I really like your set up.

Will you be getting any of the new Diamond select retro Mego Apes?

Angel, any news on the Burke redo sculpt?
My apes keep recapturing my Pete because he has no head and constantly wanders back past their garrison. :monkey5

I see what you mean, Sticks, regarding the lighting! I'm going to have to try that. Here's a bunch of quickie shot this morning, when I really should be scuttling my butt to work:

DrGalen039.jpg

DrGalen040.jpg

DrGalen041.jpg

Did you use a blunt pencil? That's what I used...because I was too lazy to find my "tools" that I bought for sculpting clay....:D

Jess - I tend to use a sculpting knife and I guess it's just too fine of a cut throught the clay/apoxie. I'll give that makeshift tool (a blunt pencil) a try...

Thanks.

Back