Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks, I will probably not get any of the new Diamond Select apes that are coming out. I really only want the major players. I doubt they will come out with the President of the Assembly or any other orangutans...

Oooooh, turn in your POTA membership card. :monkey3
He was not an ape child, he was the human child that they used to make Virdon think of his family and give the gorillas information.

I watched "The Legacy" last night. I was certain there were no ape children in that episode. I always thought that boys name was Craig (Greg); The credits have him listed as Kraik. You guys are right. Kraik it is.

I learned something else last night which I didn't know. Actor Bobby Porter played the part of young Cornelius in Battle, and as the young chimp "Arno" in the TV series. Cool! :cool:

Gee, I'm almost embarassed to post my new photos after your certificate of merit...but what the hell. Here goes. Sorry it's not as technically as beautiful as your shots, Sticks, but these are Megos we are talking about. I'll try to take better shots when I complete the painting and have a real outfit for Dr. Galen...and I will take photos with way better lighting...by moving the photoshoot outdoors (cause my camera suckssssss).

This place is dirty, Doctor.
DrGalen038.jpg

Doctor, these animals are dirty. They stink!
They carry communicable diseases.
Why aren't they cleaned up before they're brought here?

DrGalen037.jpg

I love the way Dr. Galen looks so grumpy in the last shot! :banana

You've been holding out of that human operation set/ scene!? What the :censored? You totally rock! I want to see more! Beautiful!

Unless I missed a post somewhere and someone answered it, I was going to let someone else answer, but since noone did, the answer to the trivia question is ZENO(lawgiver)

:fireworks We have a WINNER! :fireworks
ZENO

I'll send your prize off to you, I think I still have your address. :)

Hasslein - Do you still live in Van Nuys? I have that full address...

Last edited:
Angel, any news on the Burke redo sculpt?
My apes keep recapturing my Pete because he has no head and constantly wanders back past their garrison. :monkey5

Dang you Ironman :rotfl I started laffing about your comment above and my chewed up food just shot from my mouth onto my workshirt. It's like babyfood stains on my workshirt. :( But that was sooooo funny! :lol

Thanks for asking. Burke was done. But I started him over for the 3rd time after JJ's comments. I hope to "squeeze" him back in my schedule 'cuz my Astronaut version of Burke is also headless. :horror

Finally, I need to purchase two long screws and some itty bitty washers for Adams wagon and that'll be done. Do I hear an Amen? Adam? I've also have already been commissioned to make the Caesar statue, so I'll begin more work on that over this weekend. I'll get to Burke head asap Ironman, I promise.

You've been holding out of that human operation set/ scene!? What the :censored? You totally rock! I want to see more! Beautiful!

I've been working on that particular scene for a very long time, Angel. It's not even done at all, but I was inspired by looking at some Dr. Galen screencaptures. I need to rework that cage/wall and add more structure to it and paint it to make it look like cement/rock. Right now it's only one side...I should make it at least 3-sided and use Stick's method of building and include a floor...(just where the heck do I put it?)

If there were more hours in the day!!!:monkey4

Kfog...I forgot to let you know that I think it's a GREAT idea for you to use a gray wash for your Dodge. Show us progress photos, too! I'm excited to see that one.

I remember this kid on many shows through the 70's. He also played on the original "Bad news Bears".:google

Hey look, I am at post number 1,111. Is that good luck? Do I win anything?

I was going to ask if that was Kelly from the Bad News Bears.

A couple of years ago he was in a film and played a rapist, :horror He was soo creepy looking, he played the part exceptionally well. I think he won an award for it to.

Jess, what did you use for the stone wall in the background? I really like the way it looks through those cool looking bars you made. Also, notice how the light spills on that stone wall from above? I love it.

Back