Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, It is possible to win BIG on eBay! I won a used Sideshow Cornelius, Gorilla, General Ursus, Dr. Zaius and a Caesar for a grand total of $41.00 + actual shipping. :woo

Congrats on the Ebay haul, Angel. In terms of Apes, that was one KING KONG sized deal.

No new Apes for PZ. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Though, I must admit that I'm still enjoying the two open-mouthed Zaiuses you made for me, Angel. They both proudly stand on bases personally signed by Mat Falls and are displayed right next to my prototype Lawgiver. They are by far my very favorite Ape figures I own. :D

Reinhardt - Congrats on the new ape figures? Under $20 each and shipped to your door! If they're new, that's a good bargain.

However, It is possible to win BIG on eBay! I won a used Sideshow Cornelius, Gorilla, General Ursus, Dr. Zaius and a Caesar for a grand total of $41.00 + actual shipping. :woo

Yup, brand new. congrats on your ebay purchases! If I like these, I'm sure I'll be getting more on ebay.

YOU made a GREAT purchase. I hope you really enjoy them. Do you plan on opening them? Lets us know what you think.

oh yeah baby!!! Once I receive them I'll post pics. Thanks!

With all the death, funerals and emegency hospital stays this year, I'm lucky to be moving at all.

So you never have any free time, I understand.

Never? Not quite, but not time long enough to delve into serious projects. Maybe as soon as I work enough to recoup the months pay I lost taking care of my wife, then I can work up to your expectations, and have the time, energy and funds to pull them off properly.

I had a horrid night, near zero real sleep. My brother found a lost ferret so I had to keep my cat in my room but he wanted in, out, in, out every ten minutes. :mad: :banghead. LOL. I know it's not his fault but wow.

Angel these bubble captions are great. I have to show my brother what you wrote. LOL he'll love it.

Thanks Man. It seemed funny at 1 A.M. when I wrote it. You logged off (and went to "sleep") just as I was posting that one. I didn't sleep well either. Went to take a nap about 4 hours ago and I just woke up! :baicon6: I feel like do-do.

Last edited:
Congrats on the Ebay haul, Angel. In terms of Apes, that was one KING KONG sized deal.

:D:D:D

No new Apes for PZ. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

That's okay PZ - sounds like you're going to be saving up for that new PF ape coming out. :)

Though, I must admit that I'm still enjoying the two open-mouthed Zaiuses you made for me, Angel. They both proudly stand on bases personally signed by Mat Falls and are displayed right next to my prototype Lawgiver. They are by far my very favorite Ape figures I own. :D
That's so beautiful PZ, the gushing monkey love for a man over his orangutans! :peace

Never? Not quite, but not time long enough to delve into serious projects. Maybe as soon as I work enough to recoup the months pay I lost taking care of my wife, then I can work up to your expectations, and have the time, energy and funds to pull them off properly.

My expectations aren’t set high Ironman. In fact, my “expectations” (as you put it) don’t even count regarding you. You do what you must Ironman. I’m just looking forward to seeing “something” from you. Anything would make me happy from you. It’s been so long since I’ve seen anything from you. (Has it been years?) If you painted the eyes on one (1) head sculpt, I would give you a standing ovation! … and that’s the truth!

I wait, and I'm ready. Ready to clap my hands for you.

What's pressure casting Enaud, and what are the advantages of using that over RTV mold making?
It's basicly the same process & same materials except you're adding another step.After you pour the resin in your mold,you apply pressure to it.The compressed air crushes the air pockets or bubbles allowing the resin to be pushed throughout the mold-especially in the fine cracks,crevices,& details.With those air pockets/bubbles removed,you end up with a nicer casting with out the swiss cheese effect.

Nothing as of yet.I've been interested in this stuff for years & have researched & read up on it,etc.I'm just now ready to take the plunge & see what happens.
My 1:1 project that I mentioned has several cast parts to it.I've done a few of them but the next batch will be the guinea pig.

I'm guessing. Based on your comments of "mulitple parts" and "1:1 scale" that you're making a spiked club from Beneath. My 2nd guess continues to be one of those astronaut pens that writes upside down.

Jess - you never said. But what did you think about that blue & white striped shirt that I sent along to you as you worked on C's jacket? I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not, I'm really undecided.

A few days ago you said you were about work on Dr. Galens apron for me. Any pictures of that? I'm betting "something" stole your time.

I didn't start molding Caesar today as I had planned. :( I'm hung up on smaller details of the statue. Sometimes it's just hard to stick with a schedule! (Especially when you want to make something even better… or have other things to do.) Such is life.

I have only looked at it just now, Angel. It's a really cute shirt! I can't believe that they cut up buttonholes and that the buttons actually work. I'm going to try on the shirt now on C.

My mom's been bothering me to reupholster the seat cushions to my dining set for a very long time. Let's just say that I'm tired of the nagging. I was able to do just one...and then the stupid heavy duty stapler conked out on me and doesn't staple anymore. Have to go out and buy another one. :mad:

Jesus!! I've been trying to button up that damned shirt since forever! How do you manage to do it? I've finally managed to button up all the buttons, even the one under his chin. I'm going to tack/sew down C's collar before the day ends...

I don't think I have the right fabric for Dr. Galen's apron yet. I'm going to look through my old clothes. I am looking for a particular feel of fabric, and I can't recall if I have something I could use. Actually I do have a pair of big shorts that I wear for scruffing around the house (but I like them and I don't want to cut them up yet)...

My husband is working on getting the heavy duty stapler unstuck, so that saves me a trip outdoors.

Back