Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pictures! By the way, It is too late to display with Apes figures because it has been boxed up and to be sold. Thanks for understanding!:banana

I've got news about the new planned POTA film called Planet of the Apes: Genesis. Turns out it will nothing to do with Burton re-imagining... more like a remake of Conquest. Here's the scoop I got on worstpreviews.com:

Chud is reporting that 20th Century Fox has never considered making a direct sequel to Tim Burton's "Planet of the Apes," but would still be interested in getting the franchise going again. This time, with a prequel, which would actually be a remake of the 1972 "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes."

The site goes on to describe the script, which is written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, and called "Genesis: Apes." Here is how the new film will go:

"In this version Caesar is the result of a genetic scientist fooling around with the nature of things. When the baby monkey (Caesar) exhibits intelligence and the ability to talk, he takes the cuddly thing home to his wife, who is unable to bear children. Things go surprisingly well for a number of years until Caesar grows up and sees mommy getting attacked. The dutiful son steps in and accidentally kills the attacker.

Here's where it takes off. Caesar ends up in custody at an Ape Conservatory where he and the other apes are abused mercilessly. Caesar finds himself a primate without a world - he's as smart as humans but will never be one of them (and is in fact tortured by them) and he's initially rejected by his monkey brethren.

You're on Caesar's side, understanding where this poor outcast is coming from. But then the script gets really ballsy and, just like in 'Conquest,' Caesar begins a campaign to unite the apes and overthrow human society. And his plan isn't a Martin Luther King Jr series of marches, speeches and sit ins - Caesar and his apes take to the streets violently."

Whether a movie like this can do well is anyone's guess. And for now, all we can do is guess, since Fox has been sitting on the "Genesis: Apes" script for a year and will likely keep sitting on it forever.

What do you apes think?

Saw that, PZ. I am not hoping for much, because I had high hopes for Burton's crap and was totally disappointed. I am still reeling from the intense disappointment.

Just logging in. Wow a lot to catch up on.

First off. I too am very sad to hear about your mother IM, and hope that you are O.K. We've been through a lot together on this thread brother. I wish you well always.

Let me go check my IM.

Lastly, I though I'd post this picture of Caesar and Arno on my recently cleaned off table! I spent about an hour and a half cleaning it off while organizing all of my "junk" that had piled up. Now I have some elbowroom. :) [You can also see some of the gorilla backpacks that I need to finish.]

Last edited:
KFOG and Angel Great shots and environments.

KFOG did you sell that hut?

Angel, I can't believe that your son showed no interest in this. Very imaginative! Is it possible to turn it into something from Battle? If you grunge it up a bit. with the ladders it reminds me of the time when they had to go back into the FZ, it's been a while since I saw that film and I forgot what they we're looking for? Footage of Caesar's parents, Cornelius and Zira?

I think you are so talented with building this stuff. I love dioramas.

KFOG and Angel Great shots and environments.

KFOG did you sell that hut?

Hi Adam! I will be selling it on ebay and hope to get my money back that I paid for it. I paid $275.00 which included two WWII Japanese Soldiers. I thought about Craigs List, but you can only go locally on that.

It looks really nice KFOG. Too bad you have to sell it. I can picture filming a Missing In Action sequence. Very cool Dio.

Boy Angel... you were always one talented Monkey! I just love that playset you created. I wish your son had shown more interest in it. It looks just great and has many play possibilities to it. Just a great environment.

It is second to Sticks' Ape City in my opinion!

Boy Angel... you were always one talented Monkey! I just love that playset you created. I wish your son had shown more interest in it. It looks just great and has many play possibilities to it. Just a great environment.

JJ, It's great to hear from you again. :D Angel and I were having some cartoon bubble fun the other night. :lol I can't wait to take some more pictures soon to post on this thread.:monkey5 I hope you are doing well. How is your son doing in school? Well I gotta go to bed, I didn't sleep well the last two days and am very tired now. :peace

It looks really nice KFOG. Too bad you have to sell it. I can picture filming a Missing In Action sequence. Very cool Dio.

Yea, to be honest I wanted to keep it! I like that Missing in action idea. I would have altered it to make it look like Caesars Treehouse. I would need a pet squirrel name "Ricky" and of course Cornelius. It is definately 1/6th scale amd very well built. I really like the wood floor with the slats.

Hey Angel! Those diorama props have a wealth of possibilities. The ladder looks like the one from Beneath and the computer looks like the one on the TV series that was in a vault. The block wall could dual as part of a devastated city. You could build a front end of a train and make a sequence from the TV Series where Burke and Urko get trapped. Pretty cool stuff as always (What a great talent).:banana

Here's the gorilla standing on the 3rd floor of the headquarters. You can see the 2nd level and the 1st level below him in this picture. The heliport was to be painted on the 3rd level but never happened.

If you had stairs instead of ladders, the Heliport would remind me of the one that Armondo and Caesar came in on. Pretty neat stuff!:whip:monkey5

Thanks JJ - I was also planning on hanging a 1/6 scale "cargo net" at one end of the building so that the bad guys could gain access to the 3rd floor roof with it being used as a type of ladder. I hope that makes sense.

I know I used to play and I remember all the types of environments and special features that I wanted as a kid. I tried to incorporate all of that into this for my son. Too bad he wasn't interested.

I appreciate the nice comments though. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
If you had stairs instead of ladders, the Heliport would remind me of the one that Armondo and Caesar came in on. Pretty neat stuff!:whip:monkey5

O yeah! I can see it now that you brought it up KFog. I remember deciding on the ladders because they took up far less space in the environment. A staircase would have been cool, buy would have added to the size in a really BIG way. The thing is already HUGE. Maybe someday I'll have a grandchild (a boy or girl) that will want it...

BTW, it makes me very happy to hear from KFog and Jungle again. It's been so long since I've heard from them and I wish we heard more from each of them more often... Welcome back boys!

Back