Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Man. It seemed funny at 1 A.M. when I wrote it. You logged off (and went to "sleep") just as I was posting that one. I didn't sleep well either. Went to take a nap about 4 hours ago and I just woke up! :baicon6: I feel like do-do.

HA-HA. :D

BTW he loved the photo and caption and laughed really loud when I shoed it to him. I love the bubble captions and hope we can do more. They're more fun in the early hours of the morning.

I'm sorry Enaud. Didn't mean you ruin your surprise. It was just a guess... who'd have known that I guessed right based on what you said?

I guess I'm now running neck and neck with Jessica. Hasslein said she spoiled his Christmas card.

We're just bad! (Me):newangel (Jessica) :devil

:lol:lol:lol

Just checking in real quick here. I need to be out of my apartment 4 weeks from today and have been in a flurry trying to scrounge up money for my bills. I will try to answer all questions toward me.

I looked for the figure I am using for Dodge on Toy Anxiety and they have changed their site which is making it hard to track him down.

Angel, I will be getting to painting those Dodge eyes soon.

Jess, There is a light white Hankerchief material that would make a good apron. I also used to work in a bakery and sometimes the apron material would get old and thin. I wonder if you could track down that item to salvage?:confused:

Wow! It's great to hear from you KFog, tell me more when you have the time. Did you get a new job? Send me your new address as time permits.:angelsmil

Hi Angel! I am moving back to the east valley, which is about 45 miles from where I am now. My dilema is that I cannot find a job in the west valley, when I am moving back to the East valley, so I should be settled by next month. I can't wait to get back to these customs.:D

Kfog--that's a super good idea about the fabric. Tomorrow I am off work (sshhh!!!) I'm not telling the kids or my husband or mom. I just want some time for myself...I want to go to Goodwill's and see what goodies they have there. Maybe I'll find an ugly Mego or two so that I could convert them into more ape characters...and I want to do some crafting. Perhaps I will find something for Dr. Galen's outfit (and also the preacher's purple vestment!!)...What else...oh yes. I want to watch "Haunting" on the Discovery channel for two hours...and then perhaps take a powernap and even try to do some more chairs.

Hi Angel! I am moving back to the east valley, which is about 45 miles from where I am now. My dilema is that I cannot find a job in the west valley, when I am moving back to the East valley, so I should be settled by next month. I can't wait to get back to these customs.:D

Does that mean you found a job in the East Valley? I hope so, stay in touch and hurry back. :)

Tadah! Here's a before and after:
IMG_4868.jpg

and a closeup of that $40 fabric:
IMG_4869.jpg

The old padding (which there was not much of) really cut off your circulation. It was like sitting on a bench.

*SIGH* FOUR more chairs to do.

Last edited:
Kfog--that's a super good idea about the fabric. Tomorrow I am off work (sshhh!!!) I'm not telling the kids or my husband or mom. I just want some time for myself...I want to go to Goodwill's and see what goodies they have there. Maybe I'll find an ugly Mego or two so that I could convert them into more ape characters...and I want to do some crafting. Perhaps I will find something for Dr. Galen's outfit (and also the preacher's purple vestment!!)...What else...oh yes. I want to watch "Haunting" on the Discovery channel for two hours...and then perhaps take a powernap and even try to do some more chairs.

Whenever I try to find anything close by, I just put in for example "Craft Store" and then my zip code. Then You get all kinds of places showing up.:banana

I hope you having to move is a good thing KFOG. I know you have mentioned that things were a little stressful at your old job. Hopefully this a great new start for you.

Jessica, I have four chairs for you to do next. You're really good. :whip

I hope you having to move is a good thing KFOG. I know you have mentioned that things were a little stressful at your old job. Hopefully this a great new start for you.

:whip

Yea, I was a product of a Merger. The company kept the two women from India and another back stabber from the Ukraine who was talking behind my back to the new boss. I was always the earliest one in and did just as good if not better in areas than the foreigners they kept. I was born in the heartland, served my country in the Marine Corp. served the State of Arizona for six years as a corrections officer and have 8 years plus experience in the IT Field with over two years of college credited in that same field. I have worked almost 30 years straight in the Phoenix area and contributed to the community in many ways. This country has become too politically correct and they keep people that have not paid their dues. Companies do not get rid of minorities because of fear of retaliation and getting sued. I think that is wrong to end a persons contract who sacrificed so much and was always there to work and was always early and worked while sick:sick to not miss days. I do feel that there is something better out there for me and it is just right around the corner.:gun

Yea, I was a product of a Merger. The company kept the two women from India and another back stabber from the Ukraine who was talking behind my back to the new boss. I was always the earliest one in and did just as good if not better in areas than the foreigners they kept. I was born in the heartland, served my country in the Marine Corp. served the State of Arizona for six years as a corrections officer and have 8 years plus experience in the IT Field with over two years of college credited in that same field. I have worked almost 30 years straight in the Phoenix area and contributed to the community in many ways. This country has become too politically correct and they keep people that have not paid their dues. Companies do not get rid of minorities because of fear of retaliation and getting sued. I think that is wrong to end a persons contract who sacrificed so much and was always there to work and was always early and worked while sick:sick to not miss days. I do feel that there is something better out there for me and it is just right around the corner.:gun

That sucks major, Kfog. :monkey4 Something is definitely better for you right around the corner.

Guess what crazy monkey me is up to, guys? I have decided that if my sweater is too monochrome for the chimp inner sleeves of Zira's outfit, I am so ready to weave my own. Here is a quick swatch of what I did. It's probably as tedious as knitting, but I wil do what it takes to get my outfit the way I want.

IMG_4870.jpg

And, while stuck in traffic, I have been studying my Dr. Zaius gloves which is so in need of getting tailor made to fit my stubby fingers! Check out how much I will need to trim and resew, especially the thumbs. Projects are never as easy as you want them to be.
IMG_4872.jpg

Hey Jess! The chair cushion you replaced looks really professional. Really good job. I bet that you make your Mom proud.

I was really sorry to hear about IM's Mom passing away. My Mother had been going through Chemo and Radiation treatments and then an operation to cut out what was left of the Tumor. I would like to let everyone know that After the biopsy and operation that there is "No" Cancer to be found. She was told to do follow up treatments every year. I appreciate everyones support especially IM's considering what He has and continues to go through with his Family. May God Bless You all!

Kfog, that is wonderful news about your mom! She will still continue to be in my prayers...as well as Dr. Zaius's mom...

Here are some pictures that may interest some here on the forum. My situation forcing me to sell all of my WWII and other historical figures has me happening upon some items that I have not seen for a while. This is a Custom made WWII Japanese Jungle Hut, but I noticed that with some adjusments that it could double for a "Treehouse" Hut from "Battle for The Planet Of the Apes". Let me know what you all think of this great eye candy! :monkey5

Last edited:
Back