Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, what could be that "knot" behind the good Doctor's straight hair on the teaser photo? A rope KNOT, perhaps????

I'm excited for the PF line and will get any they release probably... I just don't think the interest is still there however, so I predict we will never get more than two or three pieces, so I hope they make Cornelius and Zira after Zaius... I would be ok with just those three.

I'm excited for the PF line and will get any they release probably... I just don't think the interest is still there however, so I predict we will never get more than two or three pieces, so I hope they make Cornelius and Zira after Zaius... I would be ok with just those three.

I will move mountains to get Zira and Cornelius.

I sent all the Sideshow Freaks an e-mail about the pricing. Most people didn't even respond to me Ironman, indicating a lack of interest in the project. I'm making a few Limited Edition statues of Caesar since a couple of people have made payment already. If I have enough resin left over, I may make one extra statue and put it on eBay just to see what happens. After that, like the ape wagons, there will be no more made.

I've got all my casting supplies now, so this is going to be a great weekend for the few that bought my statue. :banana:banana:banana

To those who bought him, I know you'll be vey pleased! :angelsmil

I don't recall getting an email. Oh well, just another reason this year sucked.

I sent it to you Ironman, PZ, Mastermind, Littlesoldierboy, Spawn, Stickman, Snickertown, Dr. Zaius, Jessica, Hasslein, Rentu, matt sotis to name but a few. I only had 7 responses. 3 said no thanks to me, and only 4 people cared to write back saying they were interested.

Do you recall what I answered, because I surely don't. Couldn't find it in my old emails either.

I sent it to you Ironman, PZ, Mastermind, Littlesoldierboy, Spawn, Stickman, Snickertown, Dr. Zaius, Jessica, Hasslein, Rentu, matt sotis to name but a few. I only had 7 responses. 3 said no thanks to me, and only 4 people cared to write back saying they were interested.

That was just about the time that my computer went down. I don't know if you guys have noticed or not that I haven't been posting lately?

Sorry I missed out on this.

Yeah, I'm really on the fence about this Zaius PF 1/4. I'll reserve judgement until it's unveiled but realistically I realize just how little space I have for something this big because of my 1:6 collection. With my $200. gift certificate I'm really leaning towards the SW Han in Carbonite 1:6 environment. My gift card runs on in December which is right around the corner. I can't believe SS didn't give me a year on this thing. So I have to stick with what I have and that would be 1:6. So the way I look at it, I get a free 1:6 environment. But that's not what I would have chosen to get. I feel forced in this decision , I want to write to Mat Falls and tell him I'd love to use my gift card on a Gorilla or Ursus :monkey5:monkey5 PF if them make one, which I'm sure they will eventually, and see if he could get my card expiration extended. I'm a SS FREAK Collector for Pete's Sake so I already have what I want.:confused: I shop in the future!

Is your gift card good on pre-orders? All of the cards I've ever received from Sideshow are good for only specific in-stock items.

I sent all the Sideshow Freaks an e-mail about the pricing. Most people didn't even respond to me Ironman, indicating a lack of interest in the project. I'm making a few Limited Edition statues of Caesar since a couple of people have made payment already. If I have enough resin left over, I may make one extra statue and put it on eBay just to see what happens. After that, like the ape wagons, there will be no more made.

I've got all my casting supplies now, so this is going to be a great weekend for the few that bought my statue. :banana:banana:banana

To those who bought him, I know you'll be vey pleased! :angelsmil

So that means if we said we were interested, but haven't been able to get the money to you yet, we're out of luck?

Just received an e-mail to let me know that my BluRay is enroute. I really want to peruse the book that comes with the package! :banana

The new PF Zaius looks like it may be really cool! The only problem is Sideshows PF line usually sells for over $200.00. With the strain on the economy I don't know how well the PF Apes will sale. I know I want one but for now it is highly doubtful I could buy one.:monkey2

I remember getting the email but don't know if I responded or not. Right now money wise I couldn't afford anything but the Caesar statue that Angel is making looked very impressive. Sorry if I offended you Angel if I didn't relpy. With spending so many hour between hospital and doctor visits and looking for a job my computer time is very limited and I forget who I have emailed and who I didn't. If I didn't, I apologize my friend! No offense intended.
John

BTW - I'm lucky to still be with all you monkey's. I lost my vision yesterday while driving my car. I felt like I was driving in a Colorado whiteout. (It was like driving with a blindfold on.) I could hear good, and I knew it was better to turn the vehicle away from the oncoming traffic, even if I hit something on the right hand side of the road. In my case I struck a guard rail. I'm okay, and no one was hurt. My car has minor damage. Denise took me to the doctor last night and I'm feeling fine.

Wow Angel! You should have that checked out if they don't give you a reason for that. I don't want to scare you but before my mom had her major stroke, she was doing that. Come to find out she was having mini strokes. Not that you are having them but please get this checked out.

Just received an e-mail to let me know that my BluRay is enroute. I really want to peruse the book that comes with the package! :banana

Glad it posted here so quick and you were able to get it. By the time it finally posted on the yahoo page, they were already sold out.

As far as the Premium figures go, I don't think Sideshow cares about popularity, because they are such a low number run, no matter who the character is they sell out pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, it is an item that as a fan I feel obligated to buy, but it is not something I am excited to own.

I remember getting the email but don't know if I responded or not. Right now money wise I couldn't afford anything but the Caesar statue that Angel is making looked very impressive. Sorry if I offended you Angel if I didn't relpy. With spending so many hour between hospital and doctor visits and looking for a job my computer time is very limited and I forget who I have emailed and who I didn't. If I didn't, I apologize my friend! No offense intended.
John

You're fine Dr. Zaius. You don't need to apologize buddy. I certainly understand how many folks are feeling the financial pinch now days. You certainly did not offend me.

The survey I put out to an estimated 35 people. Based on the responses, I knew who was really serious and wanted the statue. (The only 2 people I didn't send one to was Jungle and KFog. I knew JJ didn't like anything from Battle, and I knew KFog was looking for a new job.)

The few people who actually responded to me, and/or sent money to me, I took as seriously interested. I purchased enough supplies to make the Caesar Statue for those who responded.

Last edited:
As far as the Premium figures go, I don't think Sideshow cares about popularity, because they are such a low number run, no matter who the character is they sell out pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, it is an item that as a fan I feel obligated to buy, but it is not something I am excited to own.

Oh, bite me!! :monkey4

Good to know, Hasslein...I will just have to pull the trigger and get this one, because what if Sideshow never makes another one? :( I would never forgive myself if I passed up Dr. Zaius waiting for another ape and they decided to pull the plug on the project. :banghead

Ow. Ow. Ow.

I went to the dentist today, and they removed a crown, did whatever they had to do, and then put in a temporary crown. In two weeks, they will put a permanent crown. The numbness is wearing off, and it's starting to hurt.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

Hi Angel! I did respond to you above loving to have a Caesar statue, but explained my being out of work. I think that I am getting close to getting back to work though. I would still love one though!:monkey5

Last edited:
Back