Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Steve can you do that PLEASE!!!

Yeah since I've gotten home I haven't slept weel at all. It doesn't help that I'm a light sleeper and my brother gets up to go to work at 3AM. So that's been my schedule.

I've been watching a lot of Abott and Costello on DVD late nights to help me sleep. I'll be watching "Meet the Killer" tonight, and maybe "go to Mars." tomorrow.

"A&C Meet the Killer" is a great flick...

"Go to Mars"... Not so much

Angel, I was raring at the bit to start the outfit for your figure, but it was in the wash (I purchased the shirt from goodwill)...so I made a pattern and quickly sewed it up to see how it would fit. This is how it looks:

DrGalen136-1.jpg

Jess - I can't say if it's accurate or not as I haven't really studied it. However, I LOVE IT as it is! It looks stupendous! I'm very happy with that!:monkey5 Thanks so much! :)

Burke, Galen, and a few gorilla sculpts would inspire me to get back into it, too! :angelsmil

You don't have much of a wait. I have off Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday! My priority is to get everyones Caesar statue done first. Burke is almost done, I worked on him some more and he's near complete. Galen, as you already know is done already. The other gorilla heads (if you're really interested) are also done. I'm not taking orders yet for any of these heads right now though. I want to stay focused on the Caesar statues.

I actually started sorting out some of the pieces I think I'll need for a new idea. I don't want to jump back into it with something that someone else has already done or started (ie: wagons, Icarus, etc..) and I hope this new idea, or reimagining as it seems popular nowadays, works out well.

Make it happen! I want MORE than just an idea... Just do it! :naughty

Last edited:
Angel the check is in the mail.... Sorry no personal letter included, I woke up just as the mailman was delivering the goods, so I wrote the check, stuffed it, and stamped it quickly. Away it goes... Thank your wife for me. Now I have to have another cup of coffee.

Thanks buddy... keep me out of the "doghouse"! :)

BTW - I'm lucky to still be with all you monkey's. I lost my vision yesterday while driving my car. I felt like I was driving in a Colorado whiteout. (It was like driving with a blindfold on.) I could hear good, and I knew it was better to turn the vehicle away from the oncoming traffic, even if I hit something on the right hand side of the road. In my case I struck a guard rail. I'm okay, and no one was hurt. My car has minor damage. Denise took me to the doctor last night and I'm feeling fine.

Holy smacks, Angel. That sounds REALLY scary. Do they know what happened, what caused it and how to prevent it??????

Jess - I can't say if it's accurate or not as I haven't really studied it. However, I LOVE IT as it is! It looks stupendous! I'm very happy with that!:monkey5 Thanks so much! :)

You don't really get to see much of it, but here's a screenshot and from what I could tell it looks like it's open in the back but tied up at the top.
dr1.jpg

Your right Jess, that wears like a patients hospital smock. Your colors look accurate for that Female Chimp assistant.

You don't really get to see much of it, but here's a screenshot and from what I could tell it looks like it's open in the back but tied up at the top.
dr1.jpg

Your picture looks like both female chimps are checking out Heston's "ANSA" Ass-tro-naughty goods!:naughty

Angel, that smock I photographed is just a mockup of the final one that I need to sew. I needed to make a pictorial of how I create a pattern, which I have posted on another forum.

I have a light greenish blouse that I'm going to cut up...it's like mixing army green with a little bit of mint to lighten up the color...and the fabric is also much thinner than the small checkered blue fabric I used. So your assistant's outfit will look almost like what I have photographed, but the color will be more screen accurate...and I'll try to use matching thread.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, at deep discount dvd, their 25% off sale just started, and the blu-ray box is $68.89 no tax unless you live in Illinois & free shipping. Enter code word "save" to apply to discount. Even though the 25% is until the 23rd, Deep discount usually raises their base prices as soon as the sale starts, so if you want it at that price, act quick. I wasn't able to do it, I'm still one of those naughty monkees that hasn't paid for his Caesar statue, but I thought I'd let you know before the dealers buy them up and they are all out of stock.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, at deep discount dvd, their 25% off sale just started, and the blu-ray box is $68.89 no tax unless you live in Illinois & free shipping. Enter code word "save" to apply to discount. Even though the 25% is until the 23rd, Deep discount usually raises their base prices as soon as the sale starts, so if you want it at that price, act quick. I wasn't able to do it, I'm still one of those naughty monkees that hasn't paid for his Caesar statue, but I thought I'd let you know before the dealers buy them up and they are all out of stock.

wow hasslein. thank you. I just bought it, even though I dont have a bluray player. I just really want that book.:banana...and someday maybe we'll get a bluray player or a PS3.

That's a great price. The book is awesome. Jessica, I think this will be just the incentive you need to get a player. I heard Wal-Mart is gonna sell the 80gig PS on the 8th for 399.99 and you'll get a $100.00 gift card. Just and FYI. :)

I bleed money left and right. That's why I slave away at the saltmines...:monkey2

Thanks, Shaun-O. I will be on the lookout for that. Maybe I'll talk my lawfully wedded spouse into buying that for me....:naughty

I bleed money left and right. That's why I slave away at the saltmines...:monkey2

Thanks, Shaun-O. I will be on the lookout for that. Maybe I'll talk my lawfully wedded spouse into buying that for me....:naughty

Good luck. I'm sure you kiddies will enjoy a PS3 too.:monkey3

Angel, I'm itching to do the President of the Assemby Mego scale. I'm thinking for the leather hieroglyphs, I will cut out real leather and glue...

Back