Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is Zaius wearing? :confused: Did he have one rotten tooth or something?

If I'm not mistaken, he looks to be wearing the outfit he wore in the Forbidden Zone scenes of the first film.

So either he will be posed with a doll or tied to a tree stump, me thinks. :D

I'm not excited over this PF figure at all. :eek:

Considering it's a Premium Format figure, they better be putting him the Armageddon clothing. That’s the only way it would even catch my eye and make me really want to shell out the hefty price. I'm with Ironman... wrong scale.

I'm sorry that you're not that excited, Angel. :(

For me, I couldn't be more so. First, Sideshow chose for their first Premium Format figure my favorite film character of all time. Second, it looks like they might have chosen one of my favorite scenes from the first film to pose him in (either the beach of the cave scenes).

And the detail in the face seems to be absolutely amazing. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Hmmm, what if the doll is the exclusive?

Funny, I never thought of the figure actually having an exclusive. It will be interesting to see what develops. I'm asuming then that the pre-order will go up next week?

Funny, I never thought of the figure actually having an exclusive. It will be interesting to see what develops. I'm asuming then that the pre-order will go up next week?

More than likely. And I'm sure it'll have an exclusive. Any other ideas besides the doll?

More than likely. And I'm sure it'll have an exclusive. Any other ideas besides the doll?

That is the only scene specific exclusive I can think of. If they go for an exclusive that is not for the posed scene then I'd like to see a Lawgiver bust.

They wouldn't have a mini Statue of Liberty as the exclusive, would they?

The face does look amazing PZ! I'm sure the statue will be great! However, after seeing what PF's go for, (for me) it just won't be worth the price. I really think they should have went with the Armageddon suit.

As much as I llike the Armageddon suit, I LOVE the fact that they chose a scene from the classic first movie to represent Zaius. He was such an iconic figure in that first film. Not so much the second... Ursus stole a lot the thunder away from the good doctor. :rolleyes:

The PF Zaius looks great... but the excitement level on this thread is very low. I do not see this as being a big seller.

I wish Sideshow would take note of this thread, the loyal Ape enthusiasts, really wanted the 1/6th line to continue with other characters from the films or characters from the TV series.

This, to me is just not good marketing or research on Sideshow's part.

It looks to be a top quality piece but I don't think it is what most of us longed for. I will not be buying this.

Last edited:
I know that no one will probably care about this, but I'm really wanting to make Farrow from the 1st TV episode.

I just bought a 1/6 scale dog from eBay to place beside Arno.:ruff

I'm pretty sure he'll get a repainting. :)

I like the idea as I also liked when Matt Sotis made one mego style for over 10 years now.
He still has one pictured on his website. I also love that dog, because He looks a lot like the one pictured from the show. Keep on going with these ideas Angel!:whip

Zaius looks great and all, but I'm still gunning for a General Ursus.

So, God, if you're listening, please let the next PF ape be General Ursus.

The PF Zaius looks great... but the excitement level on this thread is very low. I do not see this as being a big seller.

I wish Sideshow would take note of this thread, the loyal Ape enthusiasts, really wanted the 1/6th line to continue with other characters from the films or characters from the TV series.

This, to me is just not good marketing or research on Sideshow's part.

It looks to be a top quality piece but I don't think it is what most of us longed for. I will not be buying this.

To be honest, I don't think that Sideshow is in the 1/6 business anymore. They cancelled their plans to make 12" Hellboy figures. The ONLY line that has any kind of life to it is the Star Wars line. The Lord of the Rings 12" line is now on hold with Indiana Jones soon to follow (it currently only has two more figures in the pipeline).

The company that IS in the business of 12"ers is Hot Toys. In fact, Sideshow has partnered with them on some of their more ambitous figures of late including, Frodo and Sam, and their armoured figures of Clone Wars Obi-Wan, Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper and Darth Vader himself.

As for the PF, I know I'm in the WAY miniority amongst my ape brethren concerning this line. What can I say? I like my apes in all shapes and sizes... and there is NO WAY that I'm passing on this monkey. :D

Though I did think it is interesting that the Sideshow newsletter does imply that there are more figures in development... so they have at least some confidence in it:

What will be our premiere piece in the newly announced line of 'Planet of the Apes' Premium Format Figures? Follow the link to see which ape, or human, is being given the honor of being #1! Remember to keep a vigilant watch on future newsletters for your chance to order this ape-tastic piece! Additionally, be sure that you sign-up for the 'Planet of the Apes' interest of the Sideshow Newsletter to ensure that you do not miss out on future announcements for this exciting new line of collectibles!

I'm guessing the next one will be Cornelius... posed reading the 29th Scroll 6th Verse. I think it will look good next to this new Forbidden Zone Zaius PF. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really on the fence about this Zaius PF 1/4. I'll reserve judgement until it's unveiled but realistically I realize just how little space I have for something this big because of my 1:6 collection. With my $200. gift certificate I'm really leaning towards the SW Han in Carbonite 1:6 environment. My gift card runs on in December which is right around the corner. I can't believe SS didn't give me a year on this thing. So I have to stick with what I have and that would be 1:6. So the way I look at it, I get a free 1:6 environment. But that's not what I would have chosen to get. I feel forced in this decision , I want to write to Mat Falls and tell him I'd love to use my gift card on a Gorilla or Ursus :monkey5:monkey5 PF if them make one, which I'm sure they will eventually, and see if he could get my card expiration extended. I'm a SS FREAK Collector for Pete's Sake so I already have what I want.:confused: I shop in the future!

Last edited:
PZ, I am really excited for you that the first PF ape is Dr. Zaius. He looks really fantastic, but I need to see his whole body before I decide if I want him or not. I don't really care what size these apes are...as long as it kicks serious ass, I'm all over it. I need to be wowed by the whole figure though, so I am on the fence like Sticks. I await further yummilicious photographs for more of this eye candy.

You don't have much of a wait. I have off Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday! My priority is to get everyones Caesar statue done first. Burke is almost done, I worked on him some more and he's near complete. Galen, as you already know is done already. The other gorilla heads (if you're really interested) are also done. I'm not taking orders yet for any of these heads right now though. I want to stay focused on the Caesar statues.
I know I was away a bit with my mon and all but I don't recall the Caesar prices being posted, did I miss out. :monkey2

I know that no one will probably care about this, but I'm really wanting to make Farrow from the 1st TV episode.

I just bought a 1/6 scale dog from eBay to place beside Arno.:ruff

I'm pretty sure he'll get a repainting. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Farrow hit the 1:6 collection!!

And, oh yeah, glad for you PZ, but still..............

WRONG DAMN SIZE!!!!

I'm happy with the Planet of the Apes PF announcement and Zaius looks really good so far. As one who generally only buys one PF to represent a movie, I'm torn between ordering Zaius or holding out for Cornelius.

Angel, I hope you're wrong this time!!

Besides, Dr. Zaius doesn't represent the whole of Ape Kingdom!!

Last edited:
Back