Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping that they would use his usual overcoat: the one he wore most in the movie. But, this would look great with custom Beneath work and the bomb in the background with Zaius in front of the doomsday device. Might have to have Angel craft one up!

Sticks, I wonder if your video inspiried the Sideshow team getting geared back up for the Ape line?

Hmmm. i don't get it. i can almost see the scene in my mind. Thanks so much for watching all that candy, i just don't get it. i know that there was a scene where Urko came into an ape building, where there were two gorillas sitting. There was the Red Gorilla Flag on the wall and one of the Spiked weapons from Beneath POTA on the wall as well. I could have sworn it was the episode where Galen came to warn Urko that there was to be an attempt on his life. Hmmm. Can anyone else help? Thanks again Angel for your help...

I may have to order spray paint on line. :( Sometimes living in city with no wheels is hard.

I remember the episode but don't know which one it is. I know in the Deception, the spiked club makes a grand apperance. Burke holds one over his head at a guard when he and Virdon breaks into the police office.

The beneficial thing about Han is, it's not an exclusive, It's 1:6th scale, and He's guaranteed to only go down on the 2nd hand market. I've already seen him for $189.

Dr Z on the other hand looks so cool I just don't have the space to start a collection of this size. Oh I don't know!!!!!!!, WOW seeing Jessica bite makes me want it all the more, Us Apes need to stick together!

So guys still no new photos, I did a little mache tonight and worked on the main building. I did post the Ape photos on my Facebook page.:horror I've never shown my friends any of my figure pictures. LOL We'll see what happens, and who doesn't call me anymore. :lol:lol

That's why I can't post my Moonbase outfit on facebook...don't know what the inlaws will think. They'll probably "skank" in Swahili...Hmm...got to look up that word and see if there's a translation. I have to check out your facebook page now, Sticks...

How does flexpay work?

Just a quick update from my ape camp:

I've acquired a bundle of gorilla soldiers which brings my small army up to 4 now, I think that'll do me for the time being. Angel, I should be contacting you shortly to get them properly kitted out, have to get some things sorted first. Also I just got an email saying my Exc. Zaius has shipped, that was a nice surprise.

I wasn't really interested in the Zaius PF but after seeing a number of you place an order I caved and preorded one too. This will give me at least a few more months to think it over. One thing I have to say is that I think the non-exclusive version is a pretty lame effort on Sideshow's behalf, I'm referring to the fact that they didn't give him any accessories and as a result the pose he's in looks pretty unnatural.

I've acquired a bundle of gorilla soldiers which brings my small army up to 4 now, I think that'll do me for the time being. Angel, I should be contacting you shortly to get them properly kitted out, have to get some things sorted first. Also I just got an email saying my Exc. Zaius has shipped, that was a nice surprise.

I wasn't really interested in the Zaius PF but after seeing a number of you place an order I caved and preorded one too. This will give me at least a few more months to think it over. One thing I have to say is that I think the non-exclusive version is a pretty lame effort on Sideshow's behalf, I'm referring to the fact that they didn't give him any accessories and as a result the pose he's in looks pretty unnatural.

Kronet, congrats on your army! I have six gorillas, maybe. Not really too sure. They're all scattered and not very well displayed. I have a body or two hidden in my office.

Regarding the Zaius PF nonexclusive, you'll just have to get crafty and make a doll for him....if you go that route.

He's not the ape I am after, but I am rather excited that he is an APE!!:banana And, pretty nice eye candy to look at.

I already have a spot for my Zaius PF. He will be displayed on the top of the shelf in my bedroom. The big earthquake better not happen while I am still alive...if he falls and shatters, so will my heart.

Have you guys seen this photo before? I love how you could see so much detail in the exquisite costumes:

259122.jpg

I wonder of the doll that comes with the Taylor and Nova 2 pack would look okay? If not, you could do like Jes said and make one. The Sideshow one doens't have any leggs but in the movie the doll does have them.

Even for us unemployed, the Flexpay is very tempting. Even more tempting is the May 2009 deadline. Surely I will be back to work then!!!

One thing about PF though. What is underneath the clothes. Is it a molded body or just wire with hands, feet, and a head? Is it poseable? Any one know please let me know. I have not bought a PF figure.

Oh, almost forgot, Thanks for posting the link Proto! I didn't know about it being up for order until I saw your post.

The only thing is OUCH Sideshow! Over $200.00 in an almost depression economy!!

I can speak with a little authority on the topic of PF since I have had a few in my collection.

Originally, the PF had VERY limited articulation. The first Hellboy PF for example had a thick wire in the heavily paded arm so you could have him holding the gun in different positions. But the range is pretty limited.

My Tatooine Luke PF sports movable arms... but I haven't moved them since I got him. I seem to remember that I had to bend his left arm a bit so that his hand would rest on his extended knee. But these PF are among the very first offered... I believe that the option of posability has changed.

The most recent PF I purchased was the Angel PF. His arms are solid... no poseability at all. I think that this is the state of PFs today. Most PFs now have a specific pose that is displayed. The Darkness PF is a solid statue... since most of his body is exposed his features would have to be entirely sculpted. And I believe that the new Hellboy PF is solid as well... unlike the first one, I don't think that he will sport any articulation.

So any articulation for the good doctor seems doubtful. Yet unlike Darkness, they could hide any any paded wiring very nicely under his clothes. Perhaps adding any wires might be more of a costly option for Sideshow. Who knows.

I was hoping that they would use his usual overcoat: the one he wore most in the movie. But, this would look great with custom Beneath work and the bomb in the background with Zaius in front of the doomsday device. Might have to have Angel craft one up!

I think even in this larger scale those robe glyphs would be a bear to try and mass produce... if not more costly for Sideshow to produce. I think that Sideshow was lucky that their was a more conservative option for their Zaius PF to wear.

I know that their are Ape fans that wish he was wearing his signature robes. Me... like I've stated before, I LOVE the fact that he is posed from the cave scene... my very favorite scene in the film. He even has bones gathered at his feet.

And I LOVE those glyph gloves!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Wow...they even remembered to put the sidevents of his jacket. But I don't remember the middle leather going down his back being that short. I thought the back leather was the same length as the rest of the jacket, or almost the same length and not like the front part of the jacket!! I think the outfit from the backview looks a bit strange. Can somebody double-check that for me?

Last edited:
Back