Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the "A-line of her skirt"? Is that were the sweater meet the skirt? Hmmmm... I never thought Zira looked pregnant. Maybe somebody’s got an SS Exclusive!

If you look at the current Sideshow light brown skirt, the sides of the skirt go out like an the letter "A". You call that type of skirt an A-line. I'm going for the slim, hobble dress.

Hello all just checking in. Hopefully I can film later, but I can't find any spray paint. They stopped selling at the store up the road do to too much graffiti popping up in the neighborhood. The only color I have is equestrian brown. So I'm not sure if that will do.

Hello all just checking in. Hopefully I can film later, but I can't find any spray paint. They stopped selling at the store up the road do to too much graffiti popping up in the neighborhood. The only color I have is equestrian brown. So I'm not sure if that will do.

All I can say is, get cracking, Sticks! :whip

Hustle and let's see MORE PHOTOS:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

So basically, I could Denise pull Zira's skirt inside out and then re-sew the existing seam. That'll make it slimmer right? Are there 1 or 2 seams on that Sideshow skirt? I'll have to take a look and see if mine is carrying child...ape... child... whatever.

Yes, very easy to do. There are two seams. You can also dye it a darker color to make it more movie-accurate.

Angel, I was too busy to get to the post office, so I am sending you the box of clothing via FEDEX standard overnight. Maybe you will see them tomorrow! (I am charging my personal account at work). This way, it better not get lost!!

Sorry I got distracted. I had to get a little cleaning done, then one of my brothers stopped over so we had to get a game of football in. :)

Ouch that whip hurt! So, would the color of brown work? I just added a clear coat of primer, because that's the only primer I have, after it's dry I'll try to give it a coat if I hear that that color would work.

Stickman, those pictures are incredible and Angel, that statue is an outstanding piece. I am going to save all of those pictures. Thanks fellas!:monkey5

I have a ways to go. Here's some more test shots.
IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7756.jpg

Those photos of yours get better and better. Angel's wagon really is a great addition. Ape City is really coming alive with that recent addition.

The next time you take some pics... Could you also include a shot from farther away and include your lighting setup. I'd like to see how you make the magic happen.

A very good suggestion about backing up the camera to get a wider shot of everything! I am drooling just looking at the whole thing. It looks like a pic from the movie! Maybe a deleted scene!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Hey gang, sorry i wasn't able to get any filming tonight. I will soon. I'm really looking to get some nice flat brown and paint my wagon. There are no stores nearby. :(

JJ I will surely do that for you two yewts.

One tiny item crossed off of my to-do list! Here is a two-piece Brent outfit for Mego scale modeled by the Good Dr. Zaius (I really need to start acquiring humans)...I didn't have a good photo reference for his backside...so I just made it up from what I remembered because I was too lazy to look for the DVD to fire it up. I'm not keeping this outfit--I am sending it out for a trade. :)

Brent-1.jpg

Brent-2.jpg

Enaud!!! I just had the craziest idea this morning!!! You know how you made that Beneath club? I was just thinking of how I could add something like that to our decor, and I think I can pull it off. All I have to do is find an Asian-inspired floor lamp that has the wooden poles...bring out the Apoxie, craft foam, glue gun and styrofoam balls--decorate the poles of that to make the wicked looking spikes...and voila!! A beautiful Planet of the Apes inspired floor lamp! I'm on the lookout for a floor lamp now that I could "fix up" :banana :banana :banana

How are things within the saltmines out on the west coast? The east coast saltmines are just wearing me out. After hitting my 20 year anniversay here, (Mar 2009) I'm going to start looking for a new job. :)

I just got a bad voicemail from my boss. Apparently she is highly disappointed with the simple table I submitted, and she's going to talk to me and another project manager about the quality of our work. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I'm just so not enthused here. After 8 years of plugging away here...I just can't focus or concentrate.

My trivia prize control stick just arrived! Thanks Angel!

Has anyone here bought the Mego repros? I guess they shipped and some people have them in hand. From the pictures I've seen, the figures don't seem to be exact replicas, which probably is a good thing. I see they left the astronaut off the card as well.

If that's what you want Jessica. I'm fine with that. Any idea how long it'll take you to complete Snick's new projects though? (It's hard to say huh?) Are you talking sometime in the New Year? I’m just wondering. I have a full plate too.

There's probably no rush in sending Ironman that simple pattern, he's been sitting on the mutant robes for nearly 2 years now! He's also been sitting on the plans for the doomsday bomb for just as long. I won't even bring up all the other things he has made claims to making and has nothing to show for it. I'm pretty sure he's not going to build any of these things our lifetime...

Shall we count the days, months or years? :lol

Wow, for a guy taking a long vacation you sure post a lot.
And for a guy talking about negativity, whew!! I may not get as much as want or plan to done but I don't recall insinuating anyone on this thread was a liar. I really can't help setbacks that keep me from doing hobbies. I would love to get as much done as you and Jess and Stickman... My 1:1 problems prevent me from concentrating on little things. Don't get me wrong, I have stuff all over the place that I have to make sure doesn't get tossed evrytime my wife cleans, but the time to sit done calmly and perfect a paintjob, not there, sorry.
Nothing to show for it? Shall we count the days, months or years? I sent a couple Dragon heads out so that I could get a Burke and I'm 0 for 2 on that so far. See? The 1:1 world prevented me from completing my TV trio.
Angel, you're a very talented guy, and despite your negativity and accusations directed at me, I'm glad that you came and joined my thread. You are an inspiration, you just need to understand that everyone can't work on what you think their schedule should be and that others have things going on in their lives that are far more important than 1:6 stuff.
Oh yeah. I almost forgot: :D because the goofy smiley makes everything ok.

Back