Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, have to run to the Doctors office and pick some scripts up for my mom. Talk to you later

I wonder of the doll that comes with the Taylor and Nova 2 pack would look okay? If not, you could do like Jes said and make one. The Sideshow one doens't have any leggs but in the movie the doll does have them.

I believe that doll would be too small, but can't really tell until I have the PF Zaius in the house. But it would be a good starting point and a good model if you need to recreate the doll...

I don't have screen capture ability...but a quick shot from the POTAcollective site of Dr. Z's riding outfit shows the back side (leather and fabric) to be even. I hope somebody fixes that! It looks strange to have an uneven edge on the back to me...I will have to fire up the DVD player tonight and check it out. If Sideshow is correct, I will remove this post.

planet_70.jpg

7514_press04-001.jpg

Last edited:
My order from Boyd's came today!! 1 each of Cornelius, Zira, Zaius. Too bad no gorillas...but maybe someday Sideshow will start production of those!!

I don't have screen capture ability...but a quick shot from the POTAcollective site of Dr. Z's riding outfit shows the back side (leather and fabric) to be even. I hope somebody fixes that! It looks strange to have an uneven edge on the back to me...I will have to fire up the DVD player tonight and check it out. If Sideshow is correct, I will remove this post.

planet_70.jpg

7514_press04-001.jpg
That does look strange.It looks as if his jacket is on backwards.

That does look strange.It looks as if his jacket is on backwards.

I also thought that the back of his jacket the leather was straight and had no curves like they do on Sideshow's PF Zaius. I will check it out when I get home....sometimes my memory is not so great. Old age, you know...

Jess-your observation stirred my curiosity,so I was compelled to watch that part of the dvd.You are right.The center leather section is even with the cloth sides on the back.It is "notched " on the front.

I went as far as to check my Forbbiden Zone Zaius figure while thinking about it.I appears they didn't get that one correct either.The leather is even on the front & back of the jacket.

The new letter stated that the doll hand was a switchable hand. I wonder if the PF will come with both sets of hands or it will be the doll hand only. I agree though that he looks pretty lame holding out his hand with nothing in it. Maybe with out the doll he is The PF Zaius down and out on his luck figure. " Hey Cornelius, how about that 50 bucks you owe me? I could really use it now due to the economy!"

This is precisely the point I was making about the empty hand, the exclusive is the only way to go. Since the hands are interchangeable they should have included an additional one that's holding his walking stick, though they'd have to extend the base a little.

I hope they get the jacket sorted out, that is a major discrepancy! Has anyone contacted Sideshow about this?

Jess-your observation stirred my curiosity,so I was compelled to watch that part of the dvd.You are right.The center leather section is even with the cloth sides on the back.It is "notched " on the front.

I went as far as to check my Forbbiden Zone Zaius figure while thinking about it.I appears they didn't get that one correct either.The leather is even on the front & back of the jacket.

Enaud, the FZ Zaius is a quick fix for the front--you are working with extra material that could be cut/hemmed up.

The PF Zaius back of the jacket...you can't patch the back notch. To fix it would be a pain in the butt unless you have that leather for matching and you would have to remove the entire back and replace...that needs to be fixed by Sideshow. I hope they are reading this crazy thread. :monkey3

I'm going to fire up the DVD right now and I'm going to check if Zaius riding coat is a straight shot of leather in the back or if it has the weird looking roundedness that makes it look like the jacket is backwards, the way jacket is on the PF Zaius....

I looked at the movie. The Zaius riding jacket has no notch in the back edge the way Sideshow has presented the PF Zaius. Also, the leather going down Zaius's back is a straight edge on the back AND the front of the jacket in the movie. The SS jacket on the PF back is wrong. Any way to fix that??????????????????

Enaud, the FZ Zaius is a quick fix for the front--you are working with extra material that could be cut/hemmed up.

The PF Zaius back of the jacket...you can't patch the back notch. To fix it would be a pain in the butt unless you have that leather for matching and you would have to remove the entire back and replace...that needs to be fixed by Sideshow. I hope they are reading this crazy thread. :monkey3

I don't think that any Sideshow reps have read this mega-thread for quite some time. :rolleyes:

However, if you leave a comment here, they might just hear your concerns:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5750

Perhaps we all should. :D

Back