Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to catch some sleep. I wonder what wonderful surprises I will find in Central City tomorrow????

Thanks for putting up new photos, Angel. It's so fun to look at your projects!!

Oh...maybe you should not tie the lab assistant's green lab jacket too tightly around the waist...She's not supposed to look curvy at all.

Thanks for reposting that Farrow photo. It looks like he's wearing a Members Only jacket, with the zipper and cuffs cut off in that photo. Remember those jackets?

I'll post tomorrow, since my camera's flash will wash out the brown color. I do remember Jungle's version, and I really love what he did!

I like the composition of this shot, although the outfit is out of focus:

elpresidente007-1.jpg

Jess... The Blanket looks about right but the color is way too dark. It also needs to be stained with dirt and weathered a bit.

The Caesar Statue has gone on hold (for just a couple of days) until UPS delivers another box of molding rubber that is needed. In the meantime, I'm going to be working on some other projects laying around my home. Today, I started painting the Thunderbolt horse that I had subtly melted and then sanded down last week. Tomorrow, I’ll add the brown coloring that every horse seems to have within the first two Apes movies. :angelsmil

Hey Angel! That Horse looks like right out of the First Two Movies. Is that the finished result? It would be great to have at least five like that! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I just received word that the artist I had hired to paint my orangutans has FINALLY finished the job. He says that painting these apes was the most challenging job he ever did.

Not too encouraging. :(

He is dropping them off at his earliest convenience which is next weekend. I will post pics of both Zaius and Angel's Lawgiver as soon as I get them. :rolleyes:

According to the Sideshow's main web page, sales of the Zaius PF cracked the top ten. I hope this is a good sign. :rolleyes:

JJ - what did you use when you made your Taylor blanket? Was it a white/tan material soaked in tea bags and coffee grounds?

It was a tan material or a very light brown. Lots of tea bag stains and coffee grounds and a little bit of black and brown paint.

My husband refused to stop by the fabric store today after we finished our day watching a movie, lunch, and then a traipse through Urban Ore. I found a halogen stick lamp there for $15, but it wouldn't turn on and my mom said to just buy a new one. :monkey2

I didn't do any crafting today except I did play with El Presidente. I guess I will just cut out the parts for Zaius and Zira's outfit tonight (too noisy to sew) and I will finish them off tomorrow.

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

Next victim!!
IMG_4992.jpg

Which photo do you guys like better? The left one is clearer while the right is muddy looking...but I think the right one is the screen accurate one, no? This is why I keep thinking his rags are so dark...

a60c_1.jpg
204b_1.jpg

Back