Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine that you all know about this site but just in case here is a link to a really cool Planet of the Apes site

https://www.potacollective.com/

Thanks for the link, DZ... I didin't know about the site.

Though I do take issue with the fact they use the Booth Coleman Zaius on their masthead instead of Maurice Evans.

"There can be only one Zaius!" :D

Angel, I love how you did the writing on the stand of Caesar. It looks just like how it's supposed to look!!

I am in the middle of upgrading a Mego to El Presidente!

This is the astronaut, waiting patiently to be metamorphosized from a lower order of primate:
Prez002.jpg

This is my half-hearted attempt, trying to make some magic happen:
elpresidente001.jpg

Still waiting for SOMETHING better to come out of the sculpt:
elpresidente002.jpg

I don't know how the heck I did the nose. It was damned hard:
elpresidente007.jpg

Thank goodness he is on his way to being El Presidente:
elpresidente008.jpg

Did you get the repo Mego Apes yet Jess?

No. I'm not getting any. I have enough Mego apes laying around. What I am after now are human Megos to upgrade them to apes. Enaud is sending me a bunch for a trade...

I never grew up with Megos, so there is no nostalgia for me. Someday I would like to craft a new body Mego-size so that it would have extreme poseability. I must first procure a ball jointed doll so that I could reverse-engineer it. But that is wayyyyy off in the future.

Here are three of the easier outfits that Jessica recently made. My wife was really quick to point out to me that these outfits are not really all that easy to make. So “hats off” to you Jessica, as always, these garments look incredible no matter the difficulty. They will certainly rock Ape City! :rock:rock:rock

Thanks for the great items!

Glad you like them, Angel. :banana

I bought Kung Fu Panda at Bestbuy today, the 2-pack. Don't know if they are having a big sale or what, but they charged me $15 for the two-pack! The tag on the DVD said that it was $24.99. I wasn't about to argue.

The Dr Galen,Assistant,& the Minister's outfits look great.A nice addition to your collection I'm sure,Angel.Fantastic job on those Jess!

BTW-those wouldn't happen to be Frank Sinatera's arms they're holding?

I just received Zaius, Cornelius and Zira from aboyd company. awesome figs!!!

Getting ready to watch Planet of the Apes again right now. :rock :rock

I'll post this in the WTB section as well, but if anyone here is reading, i'm interested in a General Ursus, Gorilla Soldier and Taylor figure. PM me if you have one for sale.

Thanks!

C&Z look fantastic together like that, Angel!! Wow...they look GREAT together, and C's glasses look fab!!! Did you have to warm them up a little or did they pop on nicely?

Was that your dining room table with Caesar on top? You have a lot of work going on there!!

It's the end of the day and I have not accomplished ANYTHING. But, I did watch a Korean martial arts movie: Shadowless Sword. I so love martial arts movies. Very reminiscent of House of Flying Daggers.

We have company today, so I can't really sneak off and do any crafting. Wish I could though. I'm going to try to do Taylor's rags while we still have some company.

Last edited:
Angel, I don't know if you saw, but ebay has a 10% off purchase coupon that ends 11/30. You should make sure your Caesar ends by that date, people will probably bid more knowing they have the coupon.

I completed just ONE outfit for Snick...Taylor's blanket. Yay me. Now where was that list?

I will have to go out to the movies tomorrow (to see Madagascar 2), but I think I can bang out Zira and Zaius brown outfits so I can at least whittle down this list I have.

Back