Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you doing this weekend, Angel?

How is that wagon painting up, Sticks? and where are my new photos, Sticks?

Tomorrow we might go and see Bolt in 3D...(I did watch Madagascar2 and it wasn't as bad as I expected, Ironman!!)

I found my favorite tiny paintbrush under the bed. I used it as a hairstick and "lost" it...but now I can paint something this weekend (like my friend's Mego Rick Springfield as well as re-do his hair).

I'm going to the fabric store and get some fabric for 2 upcoming Mego projects.

Tonight I will cover the left chimp boot with fabric and hopefully I will find the other zipper.

Lots of stuff to try to accomplish...maybe I will cross off 3 items from Snick's easy to do list..

Kfog, did you get a Khan?

I really like the figure, but I am trying to stick to one Genre (Apes). I used to own the original Star Trek figures with the ship when I was a kid and loved them. I have to be honest and say, that if I had the room and extra cash I would buy them all. By the way, is that a red jumpsuit on him? They could make those for the 8" Apes.

How is that wagon painting up, Sticks? and where are my new photos, Sticks?

:whip I am working steadily at getting my worshipfulness her photos. My hands from the dye I've been using has stained my hands pretty bad and now my key board has suffered the ill effects. I feel like I'm living the story by Dr. Seuss where that yellow guck gets everywhere in the house. I wash my hands quite a bit so I noticed my towels are now also done. I wonder where else this stain will end up.:naughty:horror

I'm gonna try and take a crude shot soon, Lets see what i can do here. I need accessories.

After double-checking various photo references and burning the image in my mind by drawing the seam placements, I got the gumption to go ahead remove what I had sewn down on Zira's green jacket.
IMG_5041.jpg

The top sleeve is what I had removed, and the replacement sleeve below. What a big difference. It actually looks so much better now.
IMG_5038.jpg

This is the comparison of the old sleeve and the new sleeve together. Tomorrow (or maybe sometime this weekend), I will sew down the fake leather of the outfit, and hopefully start on the brown undergarment.
IMG_5039.jpg

Sorry no photos, but hopefully today. :monkey5

I ended up falling asleep last night after I ate. i went the whole day not eating, so when I did my body went into shcok. lol

Jessica, you are so talented. Your costume looks like it's turning out great, Keep it up young lady!

Thought I'd share a couple hours worth of work I did today in this photo. These are Caesars arms, submerged in clay, with electrical wires sticking out. I'm almost ready to start building the Lego box and pouring the molding rubber.

What are the electrical wires for? Did you remove them and are those for air vents for later when you pour the mold?

I went to the fabric store...I think I found material for Tayor's blanket. I have an hour to burn while waiting for the vodka/kahlua cake to cook. We're going to a party tonight and I heard there were going to be some jello there with tequila shots. Luckily, I am not driving. I'm really just going there to play ping pong.

I've got SOOOO much brown fabric...I keep buying brown fabrics for Zira's undergarment, and I'm just not sure with which one to go with. The sweater I was going to cut up looks too light, but I did buy some fabric brown fabric to match it a few weeks ago. Looking at photo references, I think it's too light. I'm going with a darker brown...

behind_pota46.jpg

And I did find my other zipper for the left boot...so maybe I'll glue down the fabric on that one to just get it going. I'm so excited about my costume.

Good Morning to all!
Sorry to have been absent this last week. Thought I was getting a nasty cold, turned out it was pneumonia. A-typical in both lungs. Wound up in the hospital ER Tuesday evening with a 103 temp. Wed morning they rushed me for a catscan and then into ICU as they thought I was having a heart atteck. They say it wasn't one, as the blood enzymes need to reach .5 and mine only reached .3. I was able to get released late yesterday and come home. Still suffering thru the pneumonia, but no benefit to lying in a hospital bed when I can do just as well, or better, at home.
Anyway, good to be back. I had been finishing a "stand in" Burke for until Angel's was completed before getting sick. I'll see if I can get back to him today. I get winded easily and find myself taking multible rests during the day. A relatively simple "cut-n-paste" method was what I used. He's not exact, but he'll do for now.
Everybody's work looks great and I hope to see more soon!!

Dang Steve! Welcome back from the hospital. :sick Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

I removed the hair from Burke once again yesterday. This is going to be my 4th attempt at getting his hair right.

Did you notice him all butchered up in this photo I posted yesterday? Here it is again...

You are such a perfectionist!! :rolleyes:

Good Morning to all!
Sorry to have been absent this last week. Thought I was getting a nasty cold, turned out it was pneumonia. A-typical in both lungs. Wound up in the hospital ER Tuesday evening with a 103 temp. Wed morning they rushed me for a catscan and then into ICU as they thought I was having a heart atteck. They say it wasn't one, as the blood enzymes need to reach .5 and mine only reached .3. I was able to get released late yesterday and come home. Still suffering thru the pneumonia, but no benefit to lying in a hospital bed when I can do just as well, or better, at home.
Anyway, good to be back. I had been finishing a "stand in" Burke for until Angel's was completed before getting sick. I'll see if I can get back to him today. I get winded easily and find myself taking multible rests during the day. A relatively simple "cut-n-paste" method was what I used. He's not exact, but he'll do for now.
Everybody's work looks great and I hope to see more soon!!

Ouch... sounds horrible... but glad you are feeling better.

Back