Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'll get one and paint it with the "stone-finish" Krylon. Make a homemade, new wave Lawgiver statue. THEN, it will fit in with the 1:6 series.

We watched Veggie Tales tonight (with the kids), and I don't know if you guys have ever heard that tango song, "the Manatee." I was really dying to do some Argentine tango and asked my husband to dance with me. He said I was crazy. I have three years of tango lessons under my belt, you know.

I don't know any Argentine dance but I would have danced with you Jess!:taz

Your Zira costume is looking awesome! Very good job! Can't wait to see the finished product with you in full Ape attire.

Oh my, not sold out out yet.All 3 Dr.Zaius still available.:rotfl

All 3?????
The Mutants in the Forbidden Zone must be playing with your mind. There are only 2 PF Zaius. the regular and the exclusive. Not to make excuses but I think the economy has a lot to do with the good Doctor not being Sold Out as of yet.

Last edited:
All 3?????
The Mutants in the Forbidden Zone must be playing with your mind. There are only 2 PF Zaius. the regular and the exclusive.

I think he is refering to the fact that several waitlists for the 12" exclusive Zaius have converted within the past year... so he is still "get"able from Sideshow.

But I can't speak for the troll. :rolleyes:

And for the record, Webb, Sideshow is leaving it open for now so they can set the edition for the exclusive. They are trying to gauge interest like they do with most of their PFs. I wouldn't be surprised if he is announced as sold out with a fairly small edition size within the week.

Hopefully the numbers will be enough to warrant another PF... I'm sure you hope for that too, right Webb? :rolleyes:

and yes, Jessica... your Zira costume is coming along VERY nicely. I can't wait to see it all put together. :D

I also liked that Ursus shirt as well.

PZ - Did you get to see them yet? Probably not since he stood you up huh?

I was hoping he would stop by this coming weekend, but I think it's too much to ask since it is Thanksgiving weekend. :eek:

Speaking of which I can't wait to FINALLY see that new Conquest cut that airs this coming weekend! :banana:banana:banana

And for the record, Webb, Sideshow is leaving it open for now so they can set the edition for the exclusive. They are trying to gauge interest like they do with most of their PFs. I wouldn't be surprised if he is announced as sold out with a fairly small edition size within the week.

I agree with you Proto. I spoke with an rep at Sideshow and he said the PF Zaius was selling really well! I think they are just debating an edition size right now.

I was hoping he would stop by this coming weekend, but I think it's too much to ask since it is Thanksgiving weekend. :eek:

Speaking of which I can't wait to FINALLY see that new Conquest cut that airs this coming weekend! :banana:banana:banana

I liked the new Conquest cut! But just F.Y.I., you don't seen anything different until you get toward the end of the movie.

and yes, Jessica... your Zira costume is coming along VERY nicely. I can't wait to see it all put together. :D

I also liked that Ursus shirt as well.

Thanks, PZ. I wove as much as I possibly could on the frame, and then I removed the new cloth by cutting it off the frame. The live ends of the new fabric was then closed up with a zigzag stitch to hold the yarns in place.
IMG_5082.jpg

I know it should be on a bias, but I think this is close enough. It's just a costume, for god's sake, yes? I am just obsessed. Perhaps when I do find the knitting pattern that I will eventually uncover, this will have to do. I am going to cheat and add more length to the sleeve on the inner seam with crocheted stitching. Nobody but me will notice the inside seam...and the other sleeve I am definitely going to add a couple more inches to my "loom"

IMG_5081.jpg

Oops...my thumb still has green and pink paint on it from my first grader's project that is due tomorrow.

Have you guys seen the previews/trailers for the new movie Delgo? I am SO not watching it...the females look like the abomination females from the 2001 reimagination!!

Have you guys seen the previews/trailers for the new movie Delgo? I am SO not watching it...the females look like the abomination females from the 2001 reimagination!!

Seen it? How about practically everyday that I work! Being an employee of a theater has it's disadvantages. :banghead

Delgo is gonna both suck and blow at the same time.

Two things I was just wondering about:
1- With today's technology, why not a CGI POTA movie series? Could extend either the film or TV series story lines.

2- Why no 40th anniversary game out on the market? Again the tech would support a much better game than that lousy PS1 version.

Very cool, Sticks!! Brian from Apemania was asked if he liked the gorilla blackface or brownface better, and he said brownface because it photographed better. He said when they painted the gorilla masks in black, which looks more fierce, you only got eyeballs and teeth on photographs. I can see what he means now...the black face gorilla needs more light to bring out his features...

The grass looks great for hay!! It'll even be better once it's dried up....

I love the photos. It really brings out all the work that went into that wagon.

I purchased glue for my chimp boots today. This is the underside of one of the boots. Pretty scary looking, isn't it?

IMG_5085.jpg

Here is something from Gulliver's travels:
IMG_5086.jpg

This is the bottom...I did what Steve (the guy who made that awesome chimp suit from scratch) suggested and purchased a rubber floor mat.
IMG_5087.jpg

Thanks Jessica. Might you have any spare scraps of Ape fabric of any color laying around? I was thinking of adding little cloth bundles on top. What do you think?

Back