Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone (Jessica, PZ, Ironman, Snickertown, Stickman, Kfog, Enaud, Hasslein) completed their Armando yet? I don't recall seeing any pictures from anyone. Did anyone get these clothes from eBay?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120199112906

:angelsmil

I haven't squirreled away the funds to do that project yet. And I still have to pay the painter who is doing my three orangutans. :horror

Speaking of which, he stood me up this Friday, so no pics yet of my apes. :(

Armando is a difficult one, I don't know if i want to do him as an early mentor to baby Milo, elder mentor to teenage Milo, or something completely new and different.

I don't know if this has been reported here on the thread but this Thankgiving day weekend, the Fox Movie Channel is again running a marathon of the Apes films... including the extended cut of Conquest! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Here is the link:

https://www.foxmoviechannel.com/event/

They are also premiering a special called "Evolution of the Apes" as well.

Armando is a difficult one, I don't know if i want to do him as an early mentor to baby Milo, elder mentor to teenage Milo, or something completely new and different.

The Armando I want to do is the version he appears at the beginning of Conquest... IF I ever get there. :rolleyes:

I have to work on a Mego today for my friend...should finish that so I could send it back to her. I need to remove the paint job she did on the Rick Springfield face, re-hair him and repaint. I also want to sculpt boot feet on him and re-sew a stretch outfit. This guy will probably take a couple of days (or another weekend).

I am also raring to work on my Zira outfit. I am going to weave the chimp inner sleeves and also the neck part of the outfit...and then cut the parts for the brown underdress....and finish my left boot. The sweater I was going to cut is really too light of a brown color and won't do.

My Armando is still collecting dust, along with my other unpainted heads.

<sigh> I don't even have glyphs yet. :banghead

They're not worth getting Ironman unless Matt redoes the mold. Jessicas (and mine) came out rather globular. Matt says the Zaius glyph mold became worse with each casting he did. PZ had the first pull from the mold and his Zaius Glyphs came out frickin beautiful!

Last edited:
They're not worth getting Ironman unless Matt redoes the mold. Jessicas (and mine) came out like rather globular. Matt says the Zaius glyph mold became worse with each casting he did. PZ had the first pull from the mold and his Zaius Glyphs came out frickin beautiful!

I wouldn't worry about the hieroglyphs, Angel. I'm going to recut mine out of fake leather, and it's going to be spectacular. Just...haven't made the time yet but someday. I better save those photos of the Armageddon outfit that Mr. Ballard was so kind to post on the Forum of the Apes.

Look at this yummilicious t-shirt that I bought myself...the same artist who I commissioned to do Angel's t-shirt (the Apes KISS one)!!

Zira006.jpg

I did both boots--I just have to add the bottom sole (which I bought today)...have to research which specific glue will be best, but it's so close to being done!! Still need to hem the top but that's no biggie. The hardest part is done.

Zira004-1.jpg

Zira005-1.jpg

Zira003-1.jpg

I did both boots--I just have to add the bottom sole (which I bought today)...have to research which specific glue will be best, but it's so close to being done!! Still need to hem the top but that's no biggie. The hardest part is done.

Zira004-1.jpg

Zira005-1.jpg

Zira003-1.jpg

Those boots are looking good Jessica. Now model that T-shirt for us.:naughty

If you guys thought I was joking about weaving my own cloth, think again! Tadah!!

The sweater I was first going to cut up is too light in color.

Here is my improvised loom, made out of prefabricated "frames" that you can purchase at an art store. I guess these are the ones you staple your paint cloth to. I just wrapped my yarn around it neatly.

IMG_5053.jpg

It would be faster if I had a loom, but I don't. I am only doing this for the sleeves, so it won't really drive me nuts.
IMG_5054.jpg

After a few hours, I can see progress:
IMG_5067.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Here is a teaser for my wagon. I'll try to take more updated photos soon, lets see what tomorrow brings. I've added to it quite a bit since this shot.

IMG_7891.jpg

Jessica, By any chance do you have any spare human mego heads? I have a couple of Scotty's from Star Trek and want to trade out his head. I need a couple of regular Red shirt guys. Let me know if you're interested.

Oh, and WoW I can't beleive all the weaving you do Jessica. I love it.

Ok, its been nagging me since I was sitting in the hospital. Started thinking about some POTA stuff and stumped myself with this:
What were Virdon's wife and son's names?

Several hundred posts back, somebody was asking about which horse to purchase. I stumbled across this today. This artistst's wonderful site has been posted here before. If you remember, he is the one that had a how-to-hair the Sideshow General Ursus.

https://www.geeb-o-rama.com/HorseSense.html

What a difference between the horse! Thanks for sharing. :angelsmil

Can you dull that up with fuller's earth? I really want to buy a packet of that stuff--for aging clothing.

I love the browns on that wagon, Sticks. It looks great. The photo shows the detail that Angel went through to "gorilla up" the bars of the cage. It looks wonderful!! I love the wheels too. Very spectacular!!

Ok, its been nagging me since I was sitting in the hospital. Started thinking about some POTA stuff and stumped myself with this:
What were Virdon's wife and son's names?

Good question, Ironman!! I don't know the answer....anyone? Doesn't he mumble their names in the Surgeon? You'll have to fire up the DVD and let me know once you find out...It's going to drive me nuts. I'm going to guess Sally and Nick.:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Sticks, I don't have any spare human heads Mego scale. I was only snagging up Mego apes until recently. I will check for you when I get home.

Back