Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to weave the other sleeve now but my eyes feel fried and I'm turning in early.

I feel the same. I hope you're able to sleep. Your shoes look amazing and are turning out very well. That costume is going to rock!

Thanks Jessica. Might you have any spare scraps of Ape fabric of any color laying around? I was thinking of adding little cloth bundles on top. What do you think?

I've got oodles. I will send you some in browns and greens and dark purple...one of Angel's market shots had such bundles.

I found some 1/6 scale looking pinecones at the office parking lot yesterday and thought of you. I'm going to add some of that too...you never know when you will need them...

What is it that bothers you? I really need to know. I'm also wondering what else to include, like a broom or something. Those Humans can get awfully filthy. :)

How do I cut down on the sheen on the wagon? Sandpaper? What grade? Very fine, huh? Or is there a spray that acts as a matte finish? I have clear primer. Just let me know, i leave for the weekend later today.

What else can I add to the wagon? I'm thinking of some bindles of fabric, and Jessica is helping me with that. I don't want to cover the wagon with burlap like the movie. Hmm. I was thinking a broom, Pail, maybe a spray hose. Lol, some more netting? I now you couldn't see by the passenger but the rifles are stored there, near the whip. :naughty:whip

I'm going to be leaving later so I won't be around this holiday. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Here are some quick shots that I turned Neon. What do you think? I think Ursus could look cool like this, Next week maybe I'll try lighting him up. Have a great weekend everyone!! Gobble Gobble... Don't eat too much Tofu... Lol

IMG_7720ai.jpg

IMG_7891a.jpg

IMG_8262ai.jpg

IMG_7756a.jpg

Sticks, PM me your address--I left it at home and I would like to send you some scraps out today.

Have a great Thanksgiving, and yes, I'll try no to eat too much Tofurkey!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

How do I cut down on the sheen on the wagon? Sandpaper? What grade? Very fine, huh? Or is there a spray that acts as a matte finish? I have clear primer. Just let me know, i leave for the weekend later today.

What else can I add to the wagon? I'm thinking of some bindles of fabric, and Jessica is helping me with that. I don't want to cover the wagon with burlap like the movie. Hmm. I was thinking a broom, Pail, maybe a spray hose. Lol, some more netting? I now you couldn't see by the passenger but the rifles are stored there, near the whip. :naughty:whip

Try brushing on some dark brown matting makeup powder on the wagon...it's removeable if you don't like the way it looks and should not cost more than $7...spray matte is still glossy to me.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Also, I just saw that the Exclusive Dr. Zaius has sold out!!!:banana He was a limited edition run of only 200. Does any one know if that is ow for an exclusive PF figure?
He is ranking at #5 on Sideshows list of most popular products right now.

Has anyone else seen the new Blu-ray transfers. They are great but I think Conquest looked really dark. I even adjusted the TV and settings and the pic still looked too dark.

Stickman, your phots are awesome! Angel really did a good job on the wagon! If I ever go back to work again Angel I am going to see if I can convince you to come out of retirement and make one more for me. But I don't know your feelings on making another one since you stated in a previous post that you were done making the wagons so I didn't know if your mold was used up or not.

Guys, if you are interested in getting an image onto a custom t-shirt, the artist who did my General Ursus is taking orders, and you can PM me for his e-mail address. He can do a lot of different styles:
computer003.jpg

And for the record, Webb, Sideshow is leaving it open for now so they can set the edition for the exclusive. They are trying to gauge interest like they do with most of their PFs. I wouldn't be surprised if he is announced as sold out with a fairly small edition size within the week.

I love it when I'm right. :D

Well it’s taken me more than 2 years, but I finally have my DVD recorder/player ready to go for tomorrows POTA events!:banana

I just spent the last 2-1/2 hours hooking it up and learning how to use it.:lecture

There are several shows to record.

1. Evolution of the Apes ½ hour
  2. Impact of the POTA ½ hour
  3. FOX Legacy with Tom Rothman ¼ hour
  4. A Look Behind the POTA 1/2 hour (Considering this is only ½ an hour it may be different from the 1998 two (2) hour version that was in the boxed set.) The Direct TV menu says it a 2008 documentary.
And lastly… Conquest for the POTA. I’m still wondering if they’re really going to run the new violent (uncut) version from the Blu-ray. I still think they'll put it on TV… I hope I'm wrong.

I have cable for the first time in three years and it comes with a DVR... but I have never used it before. :duh:duh:duh

I better get cracking. :horror :horror :horror

Last edited:
Ugh! I have been moving all week and I just got back and settled in to watch POTA on my brothers TV and the FMC (FAMILY MOVIE CLASSICS) is not with his Cable package. I guess that it is Football time! We are having both traditional Thanksgiving along with some Sicilian/Italian food. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!:monkey1

thanks for the reminder just hit the DVR before I leave, happy thanksgiving everyone!

Ugh! I have been moving all week and I just got back and settled in to watch POTA on my brothers TV and the FMC (FAMILY MOVIE CLASSICS) is not with his Cable package. I guess that it is Football time! We are having both traditional Thanksgiving along with some Sicilian/Italian food. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!:monkey1

FMC is the "Fox Movie Channel"

FMC is the "Fox Movie Channel"

Yes, that is it! My Brother told me that his satelite provider wants to charge him an extra $10.00 for three channels that He does not have. One of which is the FMC CHANNEL. What a rip! Over 10 years with this company and they can't swing him a deal. He allready has a very expensive package with them.:horror

I'm shelling out a little bit of extra $$ just to watch the Fox Movie Channel. When I downgrade later in a few weeks, I have to shell out another $5 for the Dish to cancel/downgrade. I hate that, but I can't miss out on the Channel of the Apes!!\

And my girlfriend is taping the new stuff for me since our VCR is not hooked up correctly and I can't tape it.

I know this isn't related to the apes, but I wish Sideshow did something like this with the apes’ line.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=39091&affiliate=dstephan

Notice the exclusive version costs $70 more? I can't help but think of the very 1st page on this ape thread. It was there that Stickman said something about Sideshow making the electrocution table and selling it with an apes figure. It would be really cool if SS did something like this for us. :angelsmil

I saw that...it is gorgeous. Sideshow should make a product that is not easily replicated by some maniacal ape fan like me. :D

Back