Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stayed up until 1AM last night to see Conquest. I saw most of it, but not the beginning, so I missed the helicopter scene. Lots of unseen before blood and gore towards the end, (with some minor scenes I had never seen before at one or two bits of the movie), but pretty tame compared to today's standards!! Then again, I do not watch Conquest on a regular basis, so I am not the Conquest expert. Definitely a lot of new scenes towards the end.

Dr. Zaius had mentioned the film being too dark. I didn't see that...but then again, I still have to see the version on BluRay and I don't have a BluRay player yet. Someday...

I am OFF today! :banana

Need to do lots of crafting to start ticking off my list. I have been too engrossed in my own costume to do action figure clothing.

Dr. Zaius had mentioned the film being too dark. I didn't see that...but then again, I still have to see the version on BluRay and I don't have a BluRay player yet. Someday...QUOTE]

It may just be me Jess. I looked at my previous DVD releases and they are dark also. I keep forgetting the one I had on tape, the lighter one, was taped off of TV back in 1984 or 1985. It was on Sammy Terry's late horror show. It was proably light because it was faded.:horror

Do you guys sometimes feel like being too lazy to do anything? I was in that kind of funk today. I didn't want to do anything except to laze in front of the tv. Perhaps I should start on some minor projects to get myself out of this funk.

I fell asleep putting my toddler to sleep...woke up and felt refreshed and decided to start trying to sculpt my President of the Assembly, 1/6 scale out of whatever nude figures arrived in my package. I picked this guy because of his forehead (it already had wrinkles) and he was beardless. 1/6 is definitely easier, but the nose is still very difficult. For tools, I used the hook of my dangling earring. I sculpted while I had the Channel of the Apes in the background. It was the third time I saw Planet of the Apes today.

IMG_5091.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

I like the extended version of Conquest. Much darker and more ominous than the original release.
Jess, that Prez looks great. Will you be offering casts? I am hoping to hear back from Dr. Shrinker and would like to enlarge some Mego and maybe even some of the Medicoms up to 1:6 for even more diversity.

Found! The pattern for the inner chimp sleeve (for Zira!!) AND it's on a bias!! I knew I had seen it before:

IMG_5099.jpg

I'm going to be knitting this soon!!

I like the extended version of Conquest. Much darker and more ominous than the original release.
Jess, that Prez looks great. Will you be offering casts? I am hoping to hear back from Dr. Shrinker and would like to enlarge some Mego and maybe even some of the Medicoms up to 1:6 for even more diversity.

Dr. Shrinker has been MIA for awhile. Too busy with life I guess...but yes, if anybody's interested and I can figure out how to, I will offer casts of El Presidente.

I am going to be filling up Ape City with new sculpts over human heads. I think it's the easiest and cheapest way to go without having to shell out hundreds from the professionals.

After El Presidente, I will try Julius and also Urko, even though I know you already have an Urko, Ironman. Just want to try them out.

Dr. Shrinker has been MIA for awhile. Too busy with life I guess...but yes, if anybody's interested and I can figure out how to, I will offer casts of El Presidente.

I am going to be filling up Ape City with new sculpts over human heads. I think it's the easiest and cheapest way to go without having to shell out hundreds from the professionals.

After El Presidente, I will try Julius and also Urko, even though I know you already have an Urko, Ironman. Just want to try them out.

No problemo Jess. Can never have enough variety. :monkey5

Here's the progress of the Caesar statues I've been working on for Jessica, GoApeBilly, Snickertown, Hasslien and Robert. The extra one is going on eBay and the last one is going to be mine.

I hope to start painting 3 of them tomorrow. :angelsmil

So, then, you won't be making more in the future for those of us that didn't get in on this offer?

I don't even know what you're selling them for. Like I said, I never got the email you sent with all the details. If I can swing it, I'll definitely take it, but with just being out of work for 2 more weeks without pay, that wouldn't be till after the new year unfortunately.

I would take one unpainted at that price. Have my own idea on how to paint it, if it will work. Alas, like I said I would need to impose upon you to hold it until the new year so i can have some money for it. :monkey3

Sorry, but I'm going to pass on that offer Steve. I can't wait that long. I need money for the holidays. I'll have to make it for you and other interested persons next year. Besides, I'm also really curious to see what this will go for on eBay.

I figured as much, but, to be fair to myself, had to ask.

Hi Angel! Maybe You could get some orders together for the beginning of the year. I would love one and I plan to be settled in and back to work by then. Just a suggestion Brother Ape!:D

Back