Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ape-O-Nauts!
You Say?

Ursusrepaintjpg.jpg

The general has called all apes at Sideshow to venture into the Forbidden Zone and make the Ape-O-Nauts

Apes_On_Patrol_Stickman.jpg
:emperor

I can't tell you how much I love seeing your pictures, Stickman! You really capture the spirit of the films and show off the versatility of these wonderful Sideshow figures. :D

Keep 'em comin'!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Thanks guys. Here are some more:

Apes_Stopmotion2B.jpg

The General
Apes_Stopmotion2.jpg

The Marauder v.2
Apes_Stopmotion_Taylor_digging_Stil.jpg

Taylor's hunt interupted!
Apes_Stopmotion_Taylor_hunt_Still.jpg

Rumble in the Jungle:chew

I've been sooo tempted to pick up a Cornelius and Zira during these last few months. They just are such nice looking figures, and Are definitely display-worthy. The only thing holding me back is that I have no money and would have to save up to get them for a few months. Also (don't kill me!) I've never seen the movies. I guess I gotta go fix that sometime. Nonetheless, if I like the films and save up enough money, maybe someday I'll pick up the happy couple, because they really are nice figures.

Okay, Captain... you need to go rent the original Planet of the Apes! No matter how cool the figures are you shouldn't be buying something that you don't even know if you like. But seriously, its a great movie... and they play it on TV quite a bit. It was actually on SciFi last night.

MycustomPOTAsanta02.jpg

All I wanted for Christmas was a set of Ape-O- Nauts!!

I can't believe I've travelled thru time and space and there still aren't Ape-O-Nauts?!?!?
DSC00156.jpg

Puny Human!!! I will ride to the Forbidden Zone of Sideshow and bring back the Ape-O-Nauts!!
mycustom-Urko06.jpg

Odd too. Because if not for the success of earlier sci-fi films that "took a chance", later films like Star Wars may never have been budgeted or released.
But, if they can give a Salacious Crumb figure to 1:6 Star Wars before repeating a character than I can hold out for Lucius, and every character of equal or greater importance. Hell, using SC as a guide we should be able to get Stevie and Dixon. :monkey3

Has anyone removed Sideshow heads successfully? Anyone have pics of the process, or know what other company's heads are compatible? For example, Taylor Nova two packs are being sold at Amoktime for $90 for 3 sets. I'd like to replace the Taylor & Nova heads with some new humans. Also, I could swap an Astronaut Brent head onto Taylor, since I only have Astronaut Brents. How does Frontline's bearded Taylor sculpt compare to the Forbidden Zone Taylor sculpt? Does anyone paint resin sculpts for $? I''m just asking because the last time I attempted to paint a head, I ruined the resin head, did a horrible job, wasted the money on the custom heads. I may have already asked the following question, but I was told there is a product you can enlarge a mold with, which reverses the process of shrinking a mold/ headsculpt. Does anyone know the name of this product? I'd be curious to see what the Mego Virdon and Burke would look like, blown up to 1:6 scale, with some added refinement. I'm guessing the Ape fanatic market, especially with the tv show fans, is too small to ever actually see them done by any toy maker.

Thanks guys.

Captain, you should pick Cornelius and Zira up soon, they are great figures.

ActionTrooper,
You may want to talk to Ironman1138 about this. He has had heads made. I know that removing heads from SideShow and Dragon, and I imagine many other companies, that removing the heads is easy. I like to soak the heads in hot water for a couple of seconds before removing or adding a head. If you don't do this you may crack the neck post. :monkey2

I hope this helps.:chew

actiontrooper said:
Has anyone removed Sideshow heads successfully? Anyone have pics of the process, or know what other company's heads are compatible? For example, Taylor Nova two packs are being sold at Amoktime for $90 for 3 sets. I'd like to replace the Taylor & Nova heads with some new humans. Also, I could swap an Astronaut Brent head onto Taylor, since I only have Astronaut Brents. How does Frontline's bearded Taylor sculpt compare to the Forbidden Zone Taylor sculpt? Does anyone paint resin sculpts for $? I''m just asking because the last time I attempted to paint a head, I ruined the resin head, did a horrible job, wasted the money on the custom heads. I may have already asked the following question, but I was told there is a product you can enlarge a mold with, which reverses the process of shrinking a mold/ headsculpt. Does anyone know the name of this product? I'd be curious to see what the Mego Virdon and Burke would look like, blown up to 1:6 scale, with some added refinement. I'm guessing the Ape fanatic market, especially with the tv show fans, is too small to ever actually see them done by any toy maker.
I would buy a 1:6 Virdon & Burke in a heart beat. And don't get me started on:
Ape-O-Nauts!!!!!!

Thanks for the info about the Sideshow heads. I find Dragon heads easy to remove/replace. BBI seem to have very fragile neckposts, so i was worried Sideshow might be the same. Glad to hear the hot water or blowdryer works. Are there any other heads that are compatible with Sideshow bodies with no work, or a little trimming? Shaun-o, I would also buy the Virdon and Burke. I've probably spent a few hundred dollars on Dragon, other headsculpts/bodies seeking something that might work in the meantime, but nothing quite satisfactory, as yet.

DiD and Ignite heads also will fit Sideshow with just a little "trimmng" of the neck's interior. I have also used Twisting Toys, ITPT and, of course, BBi and Dragon.

Hadn't been over here in Ape City for awhile...

Been enjoying the back n' forth in here and fun pictures... stickman, your shots are really cool!

While waiting for my latest figure from middle earth or that galaxy far, far away. I thought I'd re-visit some folks at the end of the Hasslien curve...

The original arch-conservative...
379402156_0647539bf0.jpg

The other intrepid archeologist...
379402161_82e9b64b98.jpg

The ultimate un-armored trooper...
379402165_0964103ea1.jpg

...and a fateful meeting...
379402169_9f2ba81d86.jpg

I gotta break down and get some more of these great figures!
While everybody loves discussing the quality of various line's sculpts, the "Apes" line has had fantastic results thus far...(Cornelius is still one of the best out of Sideshow IMO :) )

Enjoy...and save the Planet of the Apes!

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this, but I really thought the Ape designs for the Mark Walberg update were quite cool. Figs from that movie would be interesting.

Back