Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galactiboy said:
Here ya go PZ... I had a bit of trouble getting both in the shot and in focus... if you want a clearer let me know and I can maybe just take 2 separate photos and put them side-by-side.

rebele.jpg

rebelf.jpg

rebelg.jpg

Excellent... great photos...thank you for the extra effort... it is MUCH appreciated. :D

stickman said:
Thanks GB it really makes me appreciate Mat Falls sculpt so much more. :D

:lol I think the SS sculpt is definitely more realistic looking, but I think there is a bit more of a human resemblance in the Medicom version that I like. But yeah, I wouldn't recommend buying the Rebel Ape in place of Cornelius :D

Ironman1188 said:
I'd buy that Rebel Ape if I knew I could get that stupid beret off and resculpt the hair. :monkey5

I wonder if there is a way to make a cast of the head and re-sculpt hair where the beret is.

Anybody well versed in customizing have any suggestions? :confused:

The head is hollow, so you would have to recast... if you didn't you'd end up cutting off the top of his head and having a big hole :lol

But I imagine of you recast a solid head, then resculpted the top it could work.

shaun-o said:
Check out this guys modified Ursus:
https://www.geeb-o-rama.com/PlanetoftheApes.html

He also has some cool diorama tips.

What an amazing web page! Thanks for post it, Shaun-O!!!

WHat an impressive effort! His Ursus helmet, albeit too big, is a GREAT improvement to the figure. Makes me wonder if Sideshow went that extra mile to make a great Ursus helmet (I argee with the custom artist that the Ursus helmet is one of the most important aspect of the figure) would it have impacted sales? :confused:

How many collectors were put off by Sideshow treatment of this pivotal piece? :confused:

I know I was... but that didn't stop me from pre-ordering two and supporting my favorite Sideshow figure line. :D

Not to thread hijack... but I'm just not realizing that Ursus has sculpted armor bits and came it at $45... why no Medieval Kurgan!?! It makes a man cry.

But back on topic, that custom work is really cool. Definitely enhances an already cool figure!

Or their own Boba Fett. BTW I got my Cornelius and Taylor from Amoktime yesterday and my Zira from Sideshow today. I picked up a chimp figure at target, so I will soon have my ape family portrait ala:
escape.jpg

Awesome thread Shaun-O, thanks a lot for posting. I can't wait to see the update. I agree the helmet is a little too long but a vast improvement over SS'. :chew

shaun-o said:
Pictures kind of suck but:
IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

I hope you enjoy:eek:

Thanks for sharing the photos, Shaun-O. I have the very same Target monkey!

Now all we need are a trio of Ape-O-Nauts from the same film! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Thanks for sharing the photos, Shaun-O. I have the very same Target monkey!

Now all we need are a trio of Ape-O-Nauts from the same film! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3
Ape-O-Nauts! Ape-O-Nauts! Ape-O-Nauts!:monkey3

Anyone in the ape army going to comic-con? I'm thinking about getting some "Save the Planet of the Apes!!!" t-shirts made. A friend of mine said he could do them for me cheap.
Ape-o-Nauts!
Ape-o-Nauts!
Ape-o-Nauts!

Back