Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stickman said:
Does anyone here ever read ToyFair magazine? Does anyone know why there isn't a price guide for SSC' POTA 1:6 line? They list mego's POTA version every month. They also list SSC's Star Wars. Does anyone know of any updated 1:6 price-guides?

They don't really seem to list Sideshow figures... actually for about 3 years they never even mentioned Sideshow products anywhere. And actually just started again recently.

I've seen a few auctions end at around $100-$120 for MISB Forbidden Zone Taylors. I think $150 would be too high, but $125 shipped would be a fair price, IMO.

What about non MISB? Personally I just want the figure and the box, displayed before is cool with me I just want it complete....oh and I'm deciding on whether to pull the trigger with Zaius or Cornelius as my first POTA figure....might pick up the standard Astronaut Taylor as well...

Jedi_Mike said:
What about non MISB? Personally I just want the figure and the box, displayed before is cool with me I just want it complete....oh and I'm deciding on whether to pull the trigger with Zaius or Cornelius as my first POTA figure....might pick up the standard Astronaut Taylor as well...

One was actually offered up on the boards about a month or so ago for $45 :google... you better believe I was bummed to be the second responder on that one :monkey2

Keep your eyes open for eBay store sellers for POTA figures. About a year ago I was able to get Cornelius, Zira and Zaius for around $65 shipped. You really can't go wrong with Apes!!! :monkey5 :monkey5

Hello Ape-heads!!!

My Medicom Rebel Ape showed up in the mail today, and here are some pictures and thoughts on the figure!

rebela.jpg

I'd say that overall this is a really cool figure, he's not as nice as the Apethoven since this is on an earlier Cromangon body and the quality of clothing isn't quite as high or detailed. Also rather than the magnetic faceplate, this is a swappable head.

rebelb.jpg

However, the Ape Head is really well done, and has a great POTA feel, and in someways looks more like Cornelius (to me) than the Sideshow version. And as was mentioned a long time ago in the thread the beret is not removable :monkey2

rebelc.jpg

As for the Che head... can you say Gene Simmons? I think if you are buying this figure soley to have a 1/6 Che in your collection you'd be better off buying the one Hot Toys is distributing, better all around representation.

rebeld.jpg

He does look nice amongst other Ape figures... although a little on the small side, even compared to the Apethoven figure.

I'm really happy to finally have this figure in my collection as it, for now, was the last Ape figure I was really trying to track down. But, he is pretty pricey these days and not anywhere near the quality of current 1/6 figures. I think a great alternative to the Medicom figure would be to bash your own out of a Cornelius or Caesar, some fatigues, gloves, handgun, boots and a beret. With that you could probably have a better looking figure for much less dinero.

I finally got ahold of a Beneath the Planet of the Apes Taylor in his "prisoner" outfit. He arrived yesterday and took the trip with the exclusive Zaius and Gorilla with slave catcher. I 'm a happy ape!!!

galactiboy said:
rebeld.jpg
[/CENTER]

Thanks for postings the pictures, Galactiboy. I also enjoyed your review of the Monkey King very much! Are you going to review the Che Chimp for MC as well? I don't know if he ever posted a review of that figure.

I really enjoyed the Ape Line Up picture you included. I was wondering if you could take a close-up, side-by-side head shot picture of both the Che chimp and Mat's Cornelius. I would love a good comparison photo of the two chimps. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
I really enjoyed the Ape Line Up picture you included. I was wondering if you could take a close-up, side-by-side head shot picture of both the Che chimp and Mat's Cornelius. I would love a good comparison photo of the two chimps. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Sure, I'll get them up tomorrow... my guess is Michael wouldn't be too interested in a review of this one since its a much older figure. But I am working on one for the Apethoven. But if you have any more questions about the Rebel Ape I'd be happy to help.

"As for the Che head... can you say Gene Simmons?"

ha! that is awesome! i love it!

the che ape does look like Rodddy's Cornelius... i think SS Cornelius looks a lot more like the one portrayed by David Watson in Beneath...

Gene Simmons... ha!

Ironman1188 said:
Like this?

HA HA - You really did it. When I read that someone wanted to see this I laughed and knew it was just a matter of time. Nice IM.

Last edited:
The firewire port on my camera must have gone bad on me, so I can't capture photo's that I have taken with my camera. Luckily Mac's have their own onboard camera in the monitor, so here is a recent photo of the slaves I bashed. The Male is SSC's Ulysses S. Grant and the women are BBi's Cy- girls, original Redhead and Brunette. So if you ever need more slaves here are some ideas. Enjoy.

Slave_Girls.jpg

Finally did it. Joined the POTA collecting realm. Just ordered General Ursus and Dr. Zaius from Amok Time...

Jedi_Mike said:
Finally did it. Joined the POTA collecting realm. Just ordered General Ursus and Dr. Zaius from Amok Time...

AHHHHH, the Ape Army grows larger...and stronger!
Jedi Mike, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!
While, unfortunately, the Kurgan Krusade seems to have been dealt a serious blow [I am sorry my comrades] we here are truly in a BATTLE for the Planet of the Apes.
Many newcomers are realizing the wonder and excellence of this line. Late to the party they are, but if Sideshow would only peruse this area a bit once in a while perhaps, just perhaps, they would consider at least one more offering to us before the Lawgiver sings.

There sure has been an influx of new Ape Fans! That's great. Welcome all new Ape Freaks!

General, we grow stronger every day.

I shall remain optimistic and believe that the Ape line is not completely dead. Why SSC would not persue an iconic image such as apes in space is beyond me. Come on SS, more apes!:chew

Now, if only we can get this new Ape army to buy up the remaining POTA stock DIRECTLY from Sideshow (I HIGHLY recommend the Exclusive Dr. Zaius) so they can feel for themselves the swelling of our army... rather than at close-out prices at Amok Time. :rolleyes:

Not that there is anything wrong with that.... :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
I was wondering if you could take a close-up, side-by-side head shot picture of both the Che chimp and Mat's Cornelius.

Here ya go PZ... I had a bit of trouble getting both in the shot and in focus... if you want a clearer let me know and I can maybe just take 2 separate photos and put them side-by-side.

rebele.jpg

rebelf.jpg

rebelg.jpg

Back