Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, sorry. :( One company asked me to contribute my part and gave me the heads to install. Then the finished products (in 1998) went to the movie studios in Dallas (Las Colinas).

Thanks again.

Do you know which movie studio in Dallas? I wonder if they would know who the artist was. I'm just so curious to see who that person is!!:monkey3

I'm taking one class starting Jan. 15. Ugh. So my crafting time will probably be trimmed a little. I'll see how it goes. The crafting keeps me sane...I will see how I can handle it. I was ready to go to the madhouse when my guests were in town and I couldn't craft.

Hoping I was going to have a gorilla backpack ready by then to use for school. Maybe I will concentrate and bang it out on one weekend. This calls for a foray to the fabric store!!!....and then I think about my Zira costume and I still have to make the brown undergarment. So many things I want to accomplish, so little time!!

I spent many hours perfecting a Mego repaint this weekend. :monkey4 I know...travesty in this 1/6 thread. But, it was Khan (Ricardo Montalban), so he's kind of ape-related. :D Man, I really need to brush up on my painting skills, especially humans. It was hard to paint. I kept thinking about Angel and all of the Armando heads he had to paint.

Last edited:
I spent many hours perfecting a Mego repaint this weekend. :monkey4 I know...travesty in this 1/6 thread. But, it was Khan (Ricardo Montalban), so he's kind of ape-related. :D Man, I really need to brush up on my painting skills, especially humans. It was hard to paint. I kept thinking about Angel and all of the Armando heads he had to paint.

Is that a Mego scale Khan? Can you post it. I just got the DS Mego retro cloth Khan and would like to see a comparison.

It's the Mego scale Khan. I only have a naked one. The client hated the weird orange/pink face and wanted a repaint.

LG008.jpg

Has anyone pre-ordered the HT Apes yet?:wacky

I have. I pre-ordered Ursus and the soldier from a place here in Japan. I would have gone through Sideshow (and probably still will for the exclusive which doesn't seem to be available at this particular place)... but I'm outside the US and my billing address doesn't match my shipping address and blah blah blah.

Anyway, yes. Yes I have.

I have. I pre-ordered Ursus and the soldier from a place here in Japan. I would have gone through Sideshow (and probably still will for the exclusive which doesn't seem to be available at this particular place)... but I'm outside the US and my billing address doesn't match my shipping address and blah blah blah.

Anyway, yes. Yes I have.

Did you get any of the previous Ape line from SS? All in all, I thought SS did a good, no an excellent, job on the Ape figures. The only problem is their Ursus head seemed too small compared to the others. HT looks like they nailed him.

Do you know which movie studio in Dallas? I wonder if they would know who the artist was. I'm just so curious to see who that person is!!:monkey3

Hey, its ok, that might be a good idea. It was for the "Movie Studios at Las Colinas" in Texas. It may be worth a phone call/e-mail to see if the artist was credited in the display. Oh yeah, and I was told that they had a Zira costume also, but I never saw it.

Good luck.

Sticks! I got my Playmates Uhura!! The guy finally pulled through, so she cost me $14 total. Whew. I was starting to have doubts about ever getting her. I think she cost $10 before s/h...and she came with tricorder, phaser and communicator. I'm really happy with her. Now I want to re-do her red outfit...someday. That's last on my list.

SS, where are these figures? Are we really goint to have to wait till after the 5th to order these?

BBTS always marks their inventory up too high, I could, and will never buy from them.

I can afford to wait a while to order these. I don't want to miss them and with money being tight right now a few weeks wait won't be so bad. Especially with the release not until June.

OK fellow ape die hards!!!
For anyone not up to snuff here's whats been going on:
I asked for the POTA thread to be given its own section where it could be split up into various, more specific categories. It seems that our posting everything from figures to customs to film talk to whatever in the one thread has been more hurtful than helpful. Folks who post about a new rumor on the GI Joe movie and start a whole new thread for it are obviously a better choice. Or a new thread on the 142 SS Anakin repaint, etc...
Dave has made it clear what he would like to do:
Personally, I'd like to kill that thread. If each topic had it's own thread in General then more people would be likely to participate and it would be more obvious if PotA did actually warrant its own forum. With everything PotA all lumped together in a single thread anything that is of interest to those outside of the exclusive clique that posts in that thread will never know about it.
What he is saying about our having more topics is EXACTLY what I am asking for the opportunity to do. He doesn't seem to see that and a bunch of others who have no interest in POTA are voting us down.
Therefore, I am asking you, the diehard followers of this thread (you and I know who I speak of) to email me if you would like to continue our POTA thread as a variety of threads on a new location. I have a forum that I started when I was on disability and I could easily (or relatively easily) convert it to a series of areas that could handle POTA diversified sections and more!!
So, I leave it to you, do we move and set up a new camp and use it as a victory site for our perseverence paying off? Or do we stay here, where we are obviously not much more than just being tolerated by the powers that be?

OK fellow ape die hards!!!
For anyone not up to snuff here's whats been going on:
I asked for the POTA thread to be given its own section where it could be split up into various, more specific categories. It seems that our posting everything from figures to customs to film talk to whatever in the one thread has been more hurtful than helpful. Folks who post about a new rumor on the GI Joe movie and start a whole new thread for it are obviously a better choice. Or a new thread on the 142 SS Anakin repaint, etc...
Dave has made it clear what he would like to do:

What he is saying about our having more topics is EXACTLY what I am asking for the opportunity to do. He doesn't seem to see that and a bunch of others who have no interest in POTA are voting us down.
Therefore, I am asking you, the diehard followers of this thread (you and I know who I speak of) to email me if you would like to continue our POTA thread as a variety of threads on a new location. I have a forum that I started when I was on disability and I could easily (or relatively easily) convert it to a series of areas that could handle POTA diversified sections and more!!
So, I leave it to you, do we move and set up a new camp and use it as a victory site for our perseverence paying off? Or do we stay here, where we are obviously not much more than just being tolerated by the powers that be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Back