Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planet of the Apes Gorilla uniforms

I think taking it upon yourself to spam the board into creating a new forum is a bit on the power hungry side, yeah?

As a Kurgan High Priest, I would think you would remember that spam was mostly what we saw the Kurgan army fill the forum with while looking for one figure. What I did was not spam nor power hungry. I simply tried to show Dave that there were enough topics to fill a section of our own.

The possiblity of variance can be discussed and a conclusion come to very well without someone getting 'post crazy' and taking over a section when they know full well that is not the best approach.

...and as for Power hungry, if I were 'power hungry' I would have deleted all these threads without a second thought, just like you started them without a second thought.
So please, before you start accusing people of that take a closer look.

I am asking that you start no more threads, the discussion of POTA threads/section is ongoing, doing things like this only acts as spamming and will not help your cause.

Thank you

Yup. We spammed and had every one of our threads deleted. :)monkey2) Not sure if you wanna go that way.

Dave is a reasonable guy. I am pretty sure you could have let him know the same thing without spamming the hell outta the Gen. section though.

But whatever.

:wave

(oh and accusing the Mods of being "power hungry" is also not the best way to go about getting your forum too... just a pointer....)

...and as for Power hungry, if I were 'power hungry' I would have deleted all these threads without a second thought, just like you started them without a second thought.
So please, before you start accusing people of that take a closer look.

Thank you

I thought more than twice, hell gave it a whole week, then decided to give dave what he asked about. More threads derived from a specific topic. No spam there at all, just pure extra ape threads. Enough to fill a forum.

Re: Planet of the Apes - customs

I haven't seen a Nova that really looks like Nova except for the tiny Medicom one. If I could enlarge that and do a face transplant onto a haired female head, it may work. I also have a 12" Wonderwoman Mego that maybe if I rehaired it and repainted the face, it may do for a Nova stand-in.

Dave, I don't understand why you want to lock this thread down. I'm happy to reside here on this one megathread. When I stumbled upon it last year, I could not resist and started from the first post and worked my way up to present day, reading the posts for hours on end until I fried my eyes.

Just because we love to chatter away on one thread doesn't mean we do not welcome anybody else.

I just saw all the new Gorillas, not all that impressed by them. They're just slightly better then Sideshow's Apes, about the best thing is that Ursus' hat is the correct size.
The real hair is interesting and looks a bit more realistic, but not much reason from me to buy them again at a much heftier price. If these are closer to $70 I'd consider it.

Dave, I don't understand why you want to lock this thread down. I'm happy to reside here on this one megathread. When I stumbled upon it last year, I could not resist and started from the first post and worked my way up to present day, reading the posts for hours on end until I fried my eyes.

Just because we love to chatter away on one thread doesn't mean we do not welcome anybody else.

I don't think it will be. I think people are reading the worst into what Dave actually said.
IMO he meant he may close it if a section for POTA were introduced, thus having many threads for many things. I have no idea why he would close the megathread otherwise. Thats how I read it anyway.
I may be wrong but I'm sure Dave will clarify.
x :peace

Quote I posted in one of the 'new' threads
x :wave

I just saw all the new Gorillas, not all that impressed by them. They're just slightly better then Sideshow's Apes, about the best thing is that Ursus' hat is the correct size.
The real hair is interesting and looks a bit more realistic, but not much reason from me to buy them again at a much heftier price. If these are closer to $70 I'd consider it.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. But, only slightly better? The SS offerings were great for what they were, the only ones available. The Hot Toys versions are more accurate in every way, uniform color, real ribbing, more detailed sculpts, etc...HT hasn't sold anything near the $70 mark in 1:6 in a long time. And, considering what I've seen the Dutch and Billy Predator figures, 2 humans with gear that has been mostly seen before, I think the apes prices are easily the best deal already for 2009.

Oh, I don't know. I think the HT Apes are going to rock! They look great! I can't wait to get Ursus!

Re: Planet of the Apes Chimpanzee outfits

We need a section for the Mutan outfits. I would like to see some of those please.

That's what I originally said too SceamingMetal.

I donot understand! Are there people that want this POTA forum to die, just out of sheer Jelousy? What is really going on here? There are a lot of Planet of the Apes lovers here!:cool:

Back