Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - that what it's going to be. I was in the mood to start another project. [It's crazy, I know.] But the thought repeatedly kept coming back to me to do it. I figured I might as well get that thought outta my head.

Does that mean I win the finished product?:rotfl:lol:google:rotfl:joy:wacky:rotfl

Here you are Jess.

Thanks, Angel...but it's still weird regarding your post count. How come you have so little when last couple of weeks I was still trying to catch up?

Remember how awful my Dr. Maximus was looking?
dec2008023.jpg
dec2008147.jpg

Last edited:
Jess - After seeing your incredible gorilla sculpt today. You've just kicked me in the ***! I've got to get better now. I can't post crap. I can't have substandard apes. :(

Jess - After seeing your incredible gorilla sculpt today. You've just kicked me in the ***! I've got to get better now. I can't post crap. I can't have substandard apes. :(

Don't say that, Angel. That gorilla wasn't that hot. I like to see your work. What are you talking about? Your apes are not substandard. Remember, everything is a work in progress. If you and I were professionals, we would be working for Sideshow or Hot Toys. But we're not. We're just crafty fans working in different saltmines.

Last edited:
Re: Planet of the Apes Gorilla uniforms

That'll keep some of us making customs for quite some time huh? :naughty

Customizing is where the fun is for me, not collecting. But definitely the Hot Toys Ursus is a must have simply because he is delectable and delicious eye candy. There won't be any tweaking to do on him. Maybe crazy cornrowed hair or photos of him with curlers...but nothing permanent.

Don't say that, Angel. That gorilla wasn't that hot. I like to see your work. What are you talking about? Your apes are not substandard. Remember, everything is a work in progress. If you and I were professionals, we would be working for Sideshow or Hot Toys. But we're not. We're just crafty fans working on different saltmines.

I'm just trying to throw you a BIG compliment Jessica! I really do like all your sculpts better than mine. (Except, I prefer my El Presidentee.) :monkey3

You’re going to lift me to new heights as I attempt to keep up with you! :chew

I'm just trying to throw you a BIG compliment Jessica! I really do like all your sculpts better than mine. (Except, I prefer my El Presidentee.) :monkey3

You’re going to lift me to new heights as I attempt to keep up with you! :chew

:D

Thank you. That means a lot to me, since your customs were one of the reasons that scared me from posting any of my work before you guys lured me out of lurkdom.

I am having a hard time deciding on Zira's brown underdress color. Lighter brown or darker brown?????? Maybe that's why I haven't started it yet...but I need to bang it out soon. February is almost here. I'm so undecided!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you guys seen these photos before?

behind_pota63.jpg

behind_pota86.jpg

Wow...Cornelius is wearing the chimp inner sleeve in this photograph. Must have been steaming in there!!
behind_escpe35.jpg

I sure wish that the new year rings in a bit of normalcy back to the ole mega thread here. All of this trolling is getting a bit tiresome. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize fellow ape fans. The Darklord said we didn't have enough threads, so I gave them to him. Now I am informed that the megathread should have naturally broken down into sub threads for it to get a forum. I would think that would have been a moderators task? But, because I attempted to do what it appeared Dave asked, we will probably NEVER get a forum. So sayeth the Darklord. A complete double standard as far as I'm concerned. Please let me know if you want to stay here, where we are obviously little more than tolerated, or you want to move to the other forum. Its not as luxurious, but it is set up by seperate topics.
Again, here is the link:
https://onesixthplayhouse.yuku.com/

It also appears that we've been thread merged, so even having multiple threads is not allowed here.

Last edited:
lady's and gent's i wanted to apologize if i offended any of you guys yesterday or this morning. I could come off like a prick or jerk at times(or 90%of the time) but it's with no ill intent. At times i get carried away but i'm just playing. Hopefully it works out for you guys and you guys get what you're asking for. Dave's pretty understanding, for example- he has'nt banned me yet so that in it self shows he has a heart.:monkey3

well fellow freaks i'm of to the sandbox, yippi!!!!!!!

:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

lady's and gent's i wanted to apologize if i offended any of you guys yesterday or this morning. I could come off like a prick or jerk at times(or 90%of the time) but it's with no ill intent. At times i get carried away but i'm just playing. Hopefully it works out for you guys and you guys get what you're asking for. Dave's pretty understanding, for example- he has'nt banned me yet so that in it self shows he has a heart.:monkey3

That's awfully nice dvdmalice, I started to see you pop up in all the POTA threads not being friendly. i was the one that remarked on you being a "****," I take that back as well. This thread is a very happy place for a lot of people it seems and should be respected. Outside of that Happy New Year All!

That'll keep some of us making customs for quite some time huh? :naughty

Angel, I've seen your work posted throughout this thread, You really do wonderful work. I poke in this thread ever so often and am always blown away with how much this group pushes to bring their figures to the next level. I love all the things you have done to your collection.

Thanks Great Ape. I really appreciate you taking the time to say that. That's very nice of you. Such words of encouragement can motivate me onward when I'm feeling burned out and just staring at all my unfinished projects. :peace

Thanks to you also dvdmalice - I also appreciate your comments as well. We apes don't like the slinging of monkey poop but we will if we're cornered.

Back