Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awfully nice dvdmalice, I started to see you pop up in all the POTA threads not being friendly. i was the one that remarked on you being a "****," I take that back as well. This thread is a very happy place for a lot of people it seems and should be respected. Outside of that Happy New Year All!

Thanks to you also dvdmalice - I also appreciate your comments as well. We apes don't like the slinging of monkey poop but we will if we're cornered.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

This is the very first thread/Forum that I have belonged to and find it very pleasing because of the people here. I have received many great things from people like Angel and Jess. I have also enjoyed the projects and conversations listed here by members like Stickman, Snickertown, Angel, Jess, Proto Zaius, Ironman (Big Daddy), Matt Sotis, and many more! This many people coming together for one great cause cannot be wrong. We all have a commonality here and wish it to continue. :family:grouphug:mexwave

Ursus with a new nose job (his fourth)!
IMG_5463.jpg

Added more hair to Dr. Milo and it looks like I will have to file down the left side of his head because the hair on that side got too thick especially towards the bottom...and I still have to fluff up the right side of his hair just a little bit.
IMG_5465.jpg
IMG_5464.jpg

This is going to be a Prefect...can't recall his name. Was it Barlow? Anyway, not too sure about his nose. I will see how his face builds up. I may re-do if warranted.
IMG_5460.jpg
IMG_5468.jpg

Background gorilla:
IMG_5467.jpg

The five sculpts I worked on tonight: (an orangutan, two gorillas and two chimps)
IMG_5469.jpg

I also started weaving the other inner sleeve for my 1/1 scale outfit. With my class starting on Jan. 15 and with February looming, I better get kicking and just finish the darn outfit.

Ursus with a new nose job (his fourth)!
IMG_5463.jpg

Added more hair to Dr. Milo and it looks like I will have to file down the left side of his head because the hair on that side got too thick especially towards the bottom...and I still have to fluff up the right side of his hair just a little bit.
IMG_5465.jpg
IMG_5464.jpg

This is going to be a Prefect...can't recall his name. Was it Barlow? Anyway, not too sure about his nose. I will see how his face builds up. I may re-do if warranted.
IMG_5460.jpg
IMG_5468.jpg

Background gorilla:
IMG_5467.jpg

The five sculpts I worked on tonight: (an orangutan, two gorillas and two chimps)
IMG_5469.jpg

I also started weaving the other inner sleeve for my 1/1 scale outfit. With my class starting on Jan. 15 and with February looming, I better get kicking and just finish the darn outfit.

WOW Jess, You are becoming quite the master! Very nice indeed!

Did you sculpt that Angel?

Yeah, I sculpted Urko over a $12 Sideshow figure. (Thanks to Protozius.) Truth is, I was making a generic gorilla and had no photo references what-so-ever. It's funny that it came out looking so much like Urko. That wasn't my intent.

I've been using a photo reference for my sculpt of Dr. Maximus (and although he looks very good) he's not quite Dr. Maximus. I love him just the same.

Goes to show you, sometimes things just work out when and sometimes they don't...

Back