Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman, here are closeups of ape sculpts I am happy with

(Julius)
ape014.jpg

ape012.jpg

ape013.jpg

(Dr. Maximus)--just needs the hair, but I am happy with his face and hair is no biggie for me.
ape016.jpg

ape015.jpg

ape017.jpg

Great work.

metal rasp?... You might need a tool similar to this:
https://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=10.8V+Lithium-ion+Cordless

I've worked on resin models for years and have a few versions of rotary tools and multiple attachments. It does save a lot of time.

Some of my projects:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/album.php?u=5496

Have fun. :)

Last night I used a dremel for the first time ever. I didn't have any eye protection handy, so I rigged something for eye protection--I used a clear plastic dish propped onto the counter to prevent eye injury--almost like a glovebox but not really. It was GREAT! I sanded down Galen's hair (and will go at it again tonight), and I also gouged out my Lawgiver's eyes and sanded his nose off. (Found a great reference photo for my Mego-scale Lawgiver.)

Can't wait to see the updates, and those sculpts painted. Are you planing on painting yourself or have someone else i.e. Angel, do them?

Can't wait to see the updates, and those sculpts painted. Are you planing on painting yourself or have someone else i.e. Angel, do them?

I am doing homework on painting (collecting ideas/tips). I will paint them myself since I need practice.

Two of them I also need to shrink (General Ursus and Dr. Honorious). The heads must have been larger than 1/6 even though they came off of 1/6 bodies...just like the head of the one I plan on hairing up for the Conquest MacDonald. I think the cheapie heads are not truly 1/6 scale. I have the chemicals, just need to find the time. I want to do all the shrinking at the same time to minimize waste on the chemicals, since I plan to shrink all of my sculpts to Mego scale.

Last edited:
Here's something you may remember from 1975. (Sears Wishbook)

I remember all of the sears ads pertaining to the toys and many other things. The Sears and Robuck catalogs were the best eye candy! My Dad also called them "Wish Books". He also said what they used to use them for in the Out Houses back when. :horror

I am doing homework on painting (collecting ideas/tips). I will paint them myself since I need practice.

Two of them I also need to shrink (General Ursus and Dr. Honorious). The heads must have been larger than 1/6 even though they came off of 1/6 bodies...just like the head of the one I plan on hairing up for the Conquest MacDonald. I think the cheapie heads are not truly 1/6 scale. I have the chemicals, just need to find the time. I want to do all the shrinking at the same time to minimize waste on the chemicals, since I plan to shrink all of my sculpts to Mego scale.

Hi Jess! I have purchased many painted Gorilla Sculpts from Angel and they look great. I would not change a thing on them. I also have seen pictures of His painted Chimps and they look really nice.:gun

Last night I used a dremel for the first time ever. I didn't have any eye protection handy, so I rigged something for eye protection--I used a clear plastic dish propped onto the counter to prevent eye injury--almost like a glovebox but not really. It was GREAT! I sanded down Galen's hair (and will go at it again tonight), and I also gouged out my Lawgiver's eyes and sanded his nose off. (Found a great reference photo for my Mego-scale Lawgiver.)

Jess, You need to get some better eye protection from Lowes or Home Depot. They have the eye glass and goggle type. They are worth the trip and have many uses!:whip

Jess, You need to get some better eye protection from Lowes or Home Depot. They have the eye glass and goggle type. They are worth the trip and have many uses!:whip

That's what I need!! I just wanted to get going and it was too late to go out. :monkey3

I also have a few painted ape sculpts from Angel, and yes they are mighty nice!!! :banana

Hey guys.

Wow! Mego size? I really gotta see that. Will shrinking create any stress lines or cracking?

Hey guys.

Wow! Mego size? I really gotta see that. Will shrinking create any stress lines or cracking?

I don't know. It's not supposed to...but I know that Ian had some stress/cracking problems with enlarging the Medicom Cornelius to 1/6 scale, which is why I haven't heard from him for a very long time. He must still be having problems with it. I will let you know how the shrinking goes.

Please do Jessica. That sounds very interesting.

Well Ape Fans tonight we get the news on the Pre Order date for our beloved Gorilla friends.

Well the News letter is up and not a peep about the HT Apes, sorry guys.

They did post a Backstage Video on the Zaius PF as well as 360 degrees look at the PF. And It looks like they still haven't changed the back of the jacket on the good doctor. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

They did post a Backstage Video on the Zaius PF as well as 360 degrees look at the PF. And It looks like they still haven't changed the back of the jacket on the good doctor. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

That SUCKS serious butt! :mad::mad: Stupid humans. :monkey2

:censored:censored:censored

Sideshow WTF???? :thwak

I am liking Hot Toys better and better. I have mentioned this very problem to them, even showed them a photograph so that they do not make this same idiotic mistake. They are going to forward the information to their creative team. Just exacty what they said when I submitted the Zira information, so maybe they are going to take it seriously, or on the other side of the coin they are going to toss it in the garbage. You can't say that I didn't try.

Hopefully Hot Toys is on it before any Dr. Zaius goes into production. I also mentioned that the Armageddon suit would look great with their General Ursus, since it is the very outfit that Zaius wears when they ride into the Forbidden Zone. Wouldn't it be cool if Hot Toys produces this outfit? What a dreamer I am.

Back