Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None other than the three they have already previewed. But...I'm sure the rest of the apes will be coming sooner or later.

Sideshow should have released the news before the holiday vacation or right after New Years.

Here are 10 of my 11 sculpts, guys!!
dec2008188.jpg

Here is the re-haired General Ursus with the Hasbro helmet. I think the helmet is just a tad too short, and not really sure if the havelock would look ok once it's on a figure...
dec2008191.jpg

dec2008190.jpg

And here is my brown underdress! I consider it done with the exception of the neckwrap, which is just my sweater that I'm going to sacrifice.
dec2008189.jpg

Here is the re-haired General Ursus with the Hasbro helmet. I think the helmet is just a tad too short, and not really sure if the havelock would look ok once it's on a figure...
dec2008191.jpg

dec2008190.jpg

Maybe a longer mane and a meaner brow?

Great work.

metal rasp?... You might need a tool similar to this:
https://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=10.8V+Lithium-ion+Cordless

I've worked on resin models for years and have a few versions of rotary tools and multiple attachments. It does save a lot of time.

Some of my projects:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/album.php?u=5496

Have fun. :)

Thats some masterful paint jobs DP. Do you do commission work? I have a 1:6 scale Geometric Clash of the Titans Medusa that I would love painted one day, and I know I can't do it.

Ooof...those models look great. Did you sculpt them all?

I do have a dremel now. I just have to climb up the kitchen counters to get it because my husband put it way up high so that the kids (probably me too) would not have easy access to it. :mad: So that's why I usually just whack off the dried Apoxie with a small hammer and chisel, or have at it with a metal file.

No :(, I wish I had more sculpting skills like ya'll. They are model kits. I usually cut them up, reposition them, mix and match multiple parts from different kits to make unique figures. I do have to sculpt back in the details after I rework them. However, I didn't have to sculpt it entirely.

Thanks!

Thats some masterful paint jobs DP. Do you do commission work? I have a 1:6 scale Geometric Clash of the Titans Medusa that I would love painted one day, and I know I can't do it.

Wow stickman, That is quite a compliment. :D I have done some commission work in the past. However, my "day job" has been so time-consuming or rather life-consuming, I haven't done much for a long time....sorry.

Its been great to buy the Sideshow statues and Hot Toys figures that are already painted for me. I do miss working on my kits.

Thanks again.

"Apes on a Sill" an artistic representation of what could be. :monkey5

Jess, any chance of closer pix of each finished one? I'm stoked to see them closer!

To see them painted up close would be even better! Does anyone know of a painter that could do the Orangutan sculpts?:cool:

Love them Jess! Now just name those babies from left to right. Verrrrry Cool and very well done sculpts! :rolleyes:

I've grouped them by kind. First, the gorillas, starting with Ursus from the very left. Background gorilla. Julius. Dr. Maximus, Dr. Honorious, Virgil, Galen, Lucius, Milo and then Prefect Barlow.

Last edited:
No :(, I wish I had more sculpting skills like ya'll. They are model kits. I usually cut them up, reposition them, mix and match multiple parts from different kits to make unique figures. I do have to sculpt back in the details after I rework them. However, I didn't have to sculpt it entirely.

Thanks!

They are a LOT of work, nonetheless! And they are masterfully painted, too.

"Apes on a Sill" an artistic representation of what could be. :monkey5

Jess, any chance of closer pix of each finished one? I'm stoked to see them closer!

I will try to post more photos of the finished ones tonight.

I'm thinking that since Hot Toys already did a wonderful Ursus...I'm going to leave my Ursus unhelmeted...and maybe someday sculpt a helmet. But not now. I want to sculpt two ape children before the helmet.

Any one miss the Exclusive Beneath Taylor and Brent there are two on Ebay right now. Here are their item numbers

Sideshow Exclusive Beneath Planet of the Apes Taylor Item number: 220339474943

Sideshow Exclusive Beneath Planet of the Apes BRENT Item number: 370139942316

Back