Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess - have you used the silicone rubber (mold making kit) yet? Who's going to be the 1st couple of heads you cast? I'm in baby! I'm in. :monkey5

Kfog - Howdy do to you also!:)

I'm going to try to make a mold today...maybe of Milo and Virgil? I had a heck of a hard time making a box. I have been boxing away the kid's toys and there were NO LEGOS around, can you believe it? So I had to improvise and use some wooden Jenga blocks that I taped up together.

I guess it doesn't really matter who I make first. I need to make a mold out of all of them in order to be able to shrink them to Mego scale. Guess what? I have 15 heads now that are all lined up on my window sill. I think I need to re-do Prefect Barlow's face. I need to rewatch the Horse Race again.

Some of the hair I touched up with Super Sculpey, so I need to cure those with some heat. I'm not sure if Apoxie will cook well in the oven...probably not, so I'm going to heat up the sculpey parts with a butane flame.

Last edited:
Angel I still don't get your post counts. How come I have so many and you have half? Have you been playing in the Sandbox and did your posts get deleted?

I have been hanging out here now for a year. My join date was December 2007. This thread is my second home. I love that it's ape related.

So tomorrow I get my facial. Jeff B. thinks I should make my own Zira appliances and I should ask for an extra cast of my face. I will ask the makeup crew if they wouldn't mind.

been a while since i've lurked in here. im a closet ape fan...:lol
i know you guys do wonderful things in the customs arena but i really want to give jess a major shout out on the sculpting she's doing. excellent stuff there madam........i tip my hat to you.....:D

Check out these rare iron-ons of Galen. I've seen the ones of Dr. Zaius and the ones of Ursus, but never have I saw these. Until today. :monkey5

BTW - This transfer looks more like Caesar than Galen to me!

Last edited:
I'm going to try to make a mold today...maybe of Milo and Virgil? I had a heck of a hard time making a box. I have been boxing away the kid's toys and there were NO LEGOS around, can you believe it? So I had to improvise and use some wooden Jenga blocks that I taped up together.

I guess it doesn't really matter who I make first. I need to make a mold out of all of them in order to be able to shrink them to Mego scale. Guess what? I have 15 heads now that are all lined up on my window sill. I think I need to re-do Prefect Barlow's face. I need to rewatch the Horse Race again.

Some of the hair I touched up with Super Sculpey, so I need to cure those with some heat. I'm not sure if Apoxie will cook well in the oven...probably not, so I'm going to heat up the sculpey parts with a butane flame.

Good luck on the mold making Jessica. Milo and Virgil are 2 of my faves that you created! :angelsmil

Check out these rare iron-ons of Galen. I've seen the ones of Dr. Zaius and the ones of Ursus, but never have I saw these. Until today. :monkey5

OMG!! Angel those look fantastic. Are you getting them? This guy on the Megomuseum was able to scan and re-color the Dr. Zaius and General Ursus one for Snick. So now I have great screencaptures of them and have it electronically.

been a while since i've lurked in here. im a closet ape fan...:lol
i know you guys do wonderful things in the customs arena but i really want to give jess a major shout out on the sculpting she's doing. excellent stuff there madam........i tip my hat to you.....:D

Thank you, Barryo!!! :eek:

Angel, Ironman...I was able to do a super easy nosejob on that last gorilla! I tried to shave off the nostrils with a blade, but it got mushed...so I just rounded out the muzzle. I should have taken photographs because it was suprisingly a lot easier than the way I had been doing the gorilla nostrils. It took less than five minutes.

I'm going to bake the guys now in the oven, and flame up the other heads I have touched up with my BBQ lighter.

OMG!! Angel those look fantastic. Are you getting them? This guy on the Megomuseum was able to scan and re-color the Dr. Zaius and General Ursus one for Snick. So now I have great screencaptures of them and have it electronically.

Yeah - I got those and another General Ursus Iron-on. Now I'll have some summertime T-shirts. :D

Because it is Caesar. It was common for the manufacturers of stuff like that to make name errors. Mego or Palitoy used to show Urko in 3 pix with 3 different names. :confused:

Never saw those SNL skits. I'm sure they're on the internet somewhere, though. Probably on Alex's site.

I took a hammer to my Galen. I tried sanding him down and there was just way too many things to fix so I decided to start over with him. I'm currently covering up his face with clay.

I whacked the heck out of Galen today. I have sanded him down twice and he still looked bad, so I took a hammer to him and shattered him. Like Burke, his head danced around a lot in the plastic bag before the Apoxie finally gave in. I will try to straighten out his nostrils before I fire him up in the oven.

This is how bad he looked before makeup.
dec2008121.jpg
ape045.jpg

ape042.jpg
ape044.jpg

What is the deal with Sideshow???? They previewed the HT Apes in the News Letter but still no pre-order! Stay tuned they say for info on a pre-order? Why when I can pick all three up off of Ebay?????????

Jessica, each new sculpt you get better and better, don't stop.

Hey, Welcome back Angel!!!

Here's to hoping that we get news this Thursday for the HT Apes.

I tweaked his nose a little bit more and finished combing through his hair. I may try to just even up the nostrils before I fire him. Any suggestions, guys, before I bake him?

ape052.jpg

ape054.jpg
ape051.jpg

Last edited:
Back