Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, what do you think if I lined the box I have with aluminum, so I can get a ton of boxes made and have some kind of mold making factory going? Doing only one mold at a time is driving me nuts...and it takes too long to make a new box.

I'll see how it goes, Angel. I think I will make a good-sized box out of the jenga building blocks, wrap aluminum foil out of that and presto--instant box. I want to mix a big batch of the rubber and pour a whole batch at once...I want to get several of the heads going at the same time...and I want to avoid having to elevate the sculpt with pins the way they have it on the instructions. I just can't wait a whole day to get one done.

Oh...the glop session was rescheduled for tomorrow evening. And I took the day off tomorrow because there's no daycare.

Angel--the aluminum foil box worked! I made a square of jenga blocks, put it on two large sheets of aluminum foil, and folded up the sides. I shook the blocks out and voila, instant box. That will help.

The mold I made last night looks ok but I guess the real test is pouring a cast. I'm so curious about the cast now so I'm going to pour one out and see how Milo comes out.

Well...that made a mess. I'm waiting for it to cure so I can start a new batch. I did not expect the liquid plastic to cure so fast. It solidified in the middle of my pouring!! I'm going to have to mix it much faster. I thought this would be easier than making a mold, but I like making the mold better. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Tadah!! My first failure at trying to make a cast:
ape055.jpg

Last edited:
Don't feel bad. I lost at least $50 in lost resin when I was learning the ropes. :banghead

My advise is to stir the resin well (and move fast) and scrape the sides of the container while mixing and...NEVER EVER SHAKE IT, that adds to billions of air bubbles.

I can't believe I ran out of action figure heads to sculpt on. Dammit. I wanted to sculpt! I only have my Robert Patrick and there is only one complete action figure now that my son has claimed. So...I guess I'm going to try to sculpt Dr. Galen on my Robert Patrick Sideshow.

I am armed with new tools for trying to mix some more liquid plastic. I bought a silicone spatula which will help a lot with the mixing! I bought some disposeable drop in baby bottle liners to help wth measuring the liquids. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

I forgot that I had that other kid figure, so I am going to make the little boy gorilla tonight and get a headstart on Dr. Galen. I haven't fired up Galen yet, so I will try to finish another sculpt tonight before I go to bed. At least I have two heads to sculpt on. I put a bid on Feebay on a batch of bodies. I'm sure I can find something to do while I wait for bidding to end...probably make up more boxes and start some rubber molds...

Here's my Dr. Maximus Jessica. He's still being created slooooowly with the apoxie. I can't crank them out as fast as you. Did you ever try green apoxie?

Last edited:
Here's my Dr. Maximus Jessica. He's still being created slooooowly with the apoxie. I can't crank them out as fast as you. Did you ever try green apoxie?

How cool and how fun that is! I see Dr. Honorious in the bowl too, and he looks great!!!! I have never tried the green Apoxie before. I bought another box of Super Sculpey today. I like it better than Apoxie now.

I mixed a batch of liquid plastic and tried one more time to make a cast. We'll see how it goes. I'm rethinking of how I'm going to make these molds to make it easier for me to pour these casts. Still thinking though...Also I may not have mixed the liquid plastic so well. The back of Milo's head is still tacky...it never cured. I'll keep trying until I get this right...but in the meantime I will re-do the mold.

Last edited:
Jennifer, my youngest sister, just sent me this picture from a couple years back. We went to many KISS concerts together... and always sing our hearts out! She's the coolest! :cool:

Last edited:
I can't believe I ran out of action figure heads to sculpt on. Dammit. I wanted to sculpt! I only have my Robert Patrick and there is only one complete action figure now that my son has claimed. So...I guess I'm going to try to sculpt Dr. Galen on my Robert Patrick Sideshow.

Jessica, I have about 10 or so extra heads if you want them. Just PM me.

Jennifer, my youngest sister, just sent me this picture from a couple years back. We went to many KISS concerts together... and always sing our hearts out! She's the coolest! :cool:

Great photo!!!

I find it odd that there are so many apes fans that are also KISS fans!! I don't know why that is, but it's neat.

Back