Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to massage Carsia's face a bit more tonight. I was able to get some more screenshots that will be helpful.

Never saw this scene from this vantage point before, and don't recall seeing orangutans in the scene at all. Enjoy if you have not seen it before.

planetoftheapes.jpg

Massaged her again. Going to see what you apes think before I fire her up and cure her. Maybe walk away and come back, see what else I could tweak to get her just right. I love how I could do this with Sculpey.
I've made her features from her muzzle to her brow ridges to her nose smaller than before and simplified her hair.

carsia001.jpg

carsia005.jpg

I'm drooling over those gorillas. Wow. They look so yummilicious...I can't wait for Ursus to come home.

Hey look! This is the 12,000 reply in this thread.

Anyhoo...it still says preorder, so even though they have some available for teasers, there aren't any available for the general public. Seeing the threesome together like that is so exciting. Glad that the gorillas are not holding the flag and rifle at the same time. If they did it would have been overkill. It's always one or the other, not both (in my army).

Last edited:
Jessica - I like the simplifed hair of Carsia much better. Tha facial features are just wonderful.

How's the mold making going for you? Any time for that? Do you think you'll ever be sculpting the ProtoZaius orangutan that PZ uses as his avator?

Let me know when you're ready to start selling those ape heads of yours. I'm in!

Thanks, Angel!! I'm going to re-do her nose. I think it's still too big. And I want to move her eyebrow ridges down. I printed off some screenshots, but like a dummy I double-sided it...so it was hard to keep flipping the pages I was using as a reference. I'm going to reprint them again so I could spot-check several photos at the same time.

Mold making...maybe this weekend. Let's see how it goes. Maybe my liquid plastic is too old. I'll give it one more shot and if the plastic does not cure even though I have thoroughly mixed the two parts, I'm opening new bottles.

I would definitely sculpt the orangutan in PZ's avatar. That would be a cool and different guy to have!! Oh...the BluRay book has a great shot of Marcus junior's clothing AND face (didn't send you a photo of that...do you want me to?).

Look how short Virgil is in this shot. He is also wearing a brown undershirt with the woven inner sleeves that the chimpanzees wear, except he's wearing an orangutan coat on top.

Presentation-a.jpg

Sorry this is not ape related...but check out the lovely detail of the hair in the sculpts!! Wait a minute...didn't Michael star in the 2001 reimagination?
MJCosbaby_History.jpg

MJCosbaby_BlackorWhite.jpg

Oh...I can't wait to start painting up the gorillas I have done. I counted them, and I have six gorillas, guys! :banana:banana:banana

Look how short Virgil is in this shot. He is also wearing a brown undershirt with the woven inner sleeves that the chimpanzees wear, except he's wearing an orangutan coat on top.

Presentation-a.jpg

It's funny that the picture shows McDonald with His mouth open, because it reminds me of the new Barack Obama figure that has just come out. It has two head sculpts, one of which has an open mouth and has a slight resemblance to Him.:D

The closed mouth version has a slight resemblance to the McDonald from Conquest!:rolleyes:

Kfog, did you buy those Obama sculpts?

I still think this soldier looks like MacDonald from Conquest. I just need to add hair to him, and then make a mold and shrink his cast because his noggin is pretty large compared to the other ones I have.

MacDonald003-1.jpg

Sounds like a lot of work Jess, but I do agree with You on the likeness. There are also a Boomer and Colonel Tigh 12" figures sets to be released soon from the BattleStar Galactica run. :cool:

Kfog, did you buy those Obama sculpts?

I still think this soldier looks like MacDonald from Conquest. I just need to add hair to him, and then make a mold and shrink his cast because his noggin is pretty large compared to the other ones I have.

MacDonald003-1.jpg

I'm thinking about buying them at a later date when they come down in price. Meaning the whole Obama set!:cool:

Hey Ape Freaks remember if you order and HT apes to do so through this site. DD has started a thread with the links included.

I got 2 Soldiers, 2 Captains, and 1 General. :)

Hey Ape Freaks remember if you order and HT apes to do so through this site. DD has started a thread with the links included.

I got 2 Soldiers, 2 Captains, and 1 General. :)

Hi Adam! Where can You order them and Who is DD?:confused:

If anyone has found the Hot Toys Apes for less than 124.99 each, please let me know. THANKS!

Back