Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard on the news they are closing the Motion Picture hospital where Roddy's garden is... I wonder what they are going to do with the Caesar statue... Sucks...

PZ, I hope you took photos!! I'm putting the book in my bag now so I don't forget...

I have taken soooo many pictures of the good doctor over the last few years, it's beyond pathetic. :duh

Funny thing is... the place doesn't allow any photography either. Imagine that. :D

Look how short Virgil is in this shot. He is also wearing a brown undershirt with the woven inner sleeves that the chimpanzees wear, except he's wearing an orangutan coat on top.

Presentation-a.jpg

Paul Williams is one short dude. He is fond of saying that the reason why he has worked with the Muppets so many times over all these years is because he likes working with people that makes him feel tall. :D

Just came back from HK. Went to Hottoy shop and to a pics of POTA.

Enjoy ;)

Man those Apes look great. And as I can see that they were displayed next to their Hellboy figures. I have those figures on pre-order as well. :rolleyes:

How am I going to pay for all of these Hot Toys figures?!?! :banghead:banghead:banghead

Thanks, Angel!! I'm going to re-do her nose. I think it's still too big. And I want to move her eyebrow ridges down. I printed off some screenshots, but like a dummy I double-sided it...so it was hard to keep flipping the pages I was using as a reference. I'm going to reprint them again so I could spot-check several photos at the same time.

Mold making...maybe this weekend. Let's see how it goes. Maybe my liquid plastic is too old. I'll give it one more shot and if the plastic does not cure even though I have thoroughly mixed the two parts, I'm opening new bottles.

I would definitely sculpt the orangutan in PZ's avatar. That would be a cool and different guy to have!! Oh...the BluRay book has a great shot of Marcus junior's clothing AND face (didn't send you a photo of that...do you want me to?).

Thanks for sending me those photos of the Blu-Ray book, Jess. I definitely NEED to get that soon. Perhaps, like that blasted Ape head DVD set before it, the set might be reduced in price some day. It's a good dream to have. :D

I just heard on the news they are closing the Motion Picture hospital where Roddy's garden is... I wonder what they are going to do with the Caesar statue... Sucks...

Aw that's too bad. I never got to visit the garden, and I really wanted to see that statue in person. THAT SUCKS BUTT!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

Hey Ape Freaks remember if you order and HT apes to do so through this site. DD has started a thread with the links included.

I got 2 Soldiers, 2 Captains, and 1 General. :)

I just pre-ordered 3 of them. (One of each Hot Toys gorillas.) I may end up canceling them in time. That's a real hefty price for 3 of these. Ughhhhhh They should offer a pkg deal...

I couldn't figure out how to order through SSF and went directly to SS.:duh

These would look very cool in a big group!! :rock Very well done HT!

If I was tempted... I'd definately get 1 capt and 2 troops.

I just pre-ordered 3 of them. (One of each Hot Toys gorillas.) I may end up canceling them in time. That's a real hefty price for 3 of these. Ughhhhhh They should offer a pkg deal...

I couldn't figure out how to order through SSF and went directly to SS.:duh

Angel you can always click on the banner that appears on the home page and it will bring you to SS' website. This board gets a tiny commission when people order from SS's website after following a link from this board. With the two HT figures I own i too was a little nervous of the price tag but after getting the figures, I quickly realized the quality surpassed anything else in my collection. I have'nt posed any of the figures but by what people have said dozens of times the articulation is there. I have no doubt that you will be very happy with these HT Apes when they are in your hairy gorilla hands. :) Who knows you be even become hooked and squeeze your pennies for a few more. :naughty I know JJ is the pickiest of the group with you and Jessica close behind, but I really think you will be very pleased with these. :D

Oh and I nearly forgot; you could always use your reward points.

Yeah - that bites alright! Hasslein will you be able to take a picture of "little" Caesar with "big" Caesar?

I'm trying to get my friend with the camera to schedule a trip out there with me again. But with the protests going on out there, it may prove difficult to access. I'm going to do my best. That was the first thing I thought of. I still have to paint it.

Others in the ape group seem to believe the resident area will remain, it didn't sound like that on the news to me...

OMG--I think she's ALMOST there!! Just some minor massaging...but I really think Carsia is almost there!! I will try to take a better picture--my camera just sucks so bad--I will try to get my sculpt in the same orientation as the background photo, and you guys can see that she really is almost there!!

carsia007.jpg

OMG--I think she's ALMOST there!! Just some minor massaging...but I really think Carsia is almost there!! I will try to take a better picture--my camera just sucks so bad--I will try to get my sculpt in the same orientation as the background photo, and you guys can see that she really is almost there!!

carsia007.jpg

Maybe I'm being bias but I can't help but see a gorilla. Maybe it's the snout :confused:

Also, maybe its because she's not painted yet. I think when the eyes and face are painted the sculpt will surely show the Chimp within. Great job Jessica, I know you've put a lot of effort into your sculpts. They look great.

Maybe I'm being bias but I can't help but see a gorilla. Maybe it's the snout :confused:

Also, maybe its because she's not painted yet. I think when the eyes and face are painted the sculpt will surely show the Chimp within. Great job Jessica, I know you've put a lot of effort into your sculpts. They look great.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Don't worry. I will bring the chimpette out.

Oh...incidentally, no more sculpting for me for awhile. I am going to be doing a commission that I really want to work hard on, because I love my work to be spectacular. And, it's APE related!! :banana

And, on a non-ape related project, I have been commissioned to paint 3 heads Mego-scale!! :banana:banana:banana And they are humans!! And I am really raring to paint a human head since I used up my Christmas money to buy paints just in case somebody wanted to hire me to paint. So...I'm just excited and bouncing around, because I get to have fun and get paid to have fun!!

Angel you can always click on the banner that appears on the home page and it will bring you to SS' website. This board gets a tiny commission when people order from SS's website after following a link from this board. With the two HT figures I own i too was a little nervous of the price tag but after getting the figures, I quickly realized the quality surpassed anything else in my collection. I have'nt posed any of the figures but by what people have said dozens of times the articulation is there. I have no doubt that you will be very happy with these HT Apes when they are in your hairy gorilla hands. :) Who knows you be even become hooked and squeeze your pennies for a few more. :naughty I know JJ is the pickiest of the group with you and Jessica close behind, but I really think you will be very pleased with these. :D

Oh and I nearly forgot; you could always use your reward points.

Yeah... I'm a little bit picky, So, I'm only in with Ursus. I just can't justify the price for the generic Gorillas.

It's almost DEPRESSION TIME!

Seriously... don't spend money like you did for the past few years. Things will get worse.

Sorry, I'm just getting a little paranoid.

Yeah... I'm a little bit picky, So, I'm only in with Ursus. I just can't justify the price for the generic Gorillas.

It's almost DEPRESSION TIME!

Seriously... don't spend money like you did for the past few years. Things will get worse.

Sorry, I'm just getting a little paranoid.

It's great to hear from you JJ. I know, Things are only rocky right now, and are promised to only get worse for years to come. Microsoft is getting ready to cut 5000 jobs. They made the first announcement of 1000 yesterday.:horror

I plan to use these for my next Ape Film. I'm currently in the developing stage for a Star Wars story, which hopefully can be made. I've been working on the script I've been given but that will require at least 10K to get the wheels rolling. So in the meantime I will use these 1:6 figures to help me accomplish things that are realistically within my powers. If things get too thin for me before these come out I will have to search for a better bargain, but for right now I want to go through SS because I like the company.

Back