Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the blue eyes, even though brown would seem more natural. I've been looking at the HT apes again and I think that I will swap one set of the soldier's and captain's vest. That way all the gorillas will all be a little different and one will represent Movie II gorilla, the one that shot Brent in the arm. :maul

Isn't that gorilla the one with the very long neck fur or neck?

Sticks I e-mailed you Scott's e-mail address.

Angel, I have been meaning to ask you...have you noticed that Apoxie sometimes does not hold the lines you make on it...for instance, the hairlines on a sculpt? Is it just me? Sometimes it seems like I make a line and come back later after it has cured a bit, and the lines are less pronounced than when I first raked them in. Drives me nuts!! Maybe that's why I now prefer Super Sculpey.

I never noticed that about the apoxie Jess.

You know, I only sculpted one ape head with Super Sculpey. (Virgil) That was long before I even knew anything about aves apoxie.

Sticks I e-mailed you Scott's e-mail address.

Angel, I have been meaning to ask you...have you noticed that Apoxie sometimes does not hold the lines you make on it...for instance, the hairlines on a sculpt? Is it just me? Sometimes it seems like I make a line and come back later after it has cured a bit, and the lines are less pronounced than when I first raked them in. Drives me nuts!! Maybe that's why I now prefer Super Sculpey.

I got it. Thank you Jessica.

I was able to successfully make a cast of Dr. Milo!! Yay. So, if anybody is interested in an unpainted one, he will cost $25 which will include shipping. You will have to dremel out the space for the neck post of whatever figure you will use him for. If you want him painted, you will have to add $45 since it takes me forever to paint.

Angel is right...mold making while fun is a timely and costly process. It is good for me to learn how because my ultimate goal would be to make and cook my own appliances.

I only have enough mold making material to start Virgil. After Virgil, I will cast a gorilla, and I'll go slowly from there. Anybody interested?

This is my Dr. Milo. If you guys need a photograph of the cast, let me know.
ape027.jpg

He looks great Jessica. I wish you a lot of luck on this new and exciting endeavor. Is he mego size or 1:6? My funds are going to be tied up with the new HT figures and the Deluxe Command Center, and some civil war uniforms I plan on getting from Battle Gear, but if things fall through we may be talking. I love your work!

All my apes now are 1:6 scale. I will let you know when I start shrinking them. I need to be able to afford all the mold stuff first.

All my apes now are 1:6 scale. I will let you know when I start shrinking them. I need to be able to afford all the mold stuff first.

Gotcha. I just had my goddaughter over and my mego collection and Star wars figures are all over the place. My Mugato figure is taking on battle damage. :lol

Not feeling well, so I have to go lay down. I've been feel ill all morning. I ate some peanut butter sandwiches late last night and just heard about the recall. I hope I'm not sick from that, but I am showing a lot of signs. :(

I just saw that Corner store comics has HT Ursus only and he's selling for $112.

Has anyone seen the captain gorilla sold anywhere else besides SS? I think only SS is getting the Captain.:chew

Good luck Sticks. Check your peanut butter to see if it's one of the ones that fall under the recall. Make sure you have your brother get you some nasty pedialyte...even Gatorade (although it's got a lot of sugar). Keep very well hydrated and have somebody check in on you frequently.

$112 is the best price that I have seen for any of the HT apes. I don't know how much they charge for s/h...but Snick said he saved about $100.

Finally got that Lawgiver back from the painter. Here are some photos.
img3522if1.jpg

img3521de9.jpg

img3519ww7.jpg

Well, what do you guys think? :confused:

I was able to successfully make a cast of Dr. Milo!! Yay. So, if anybody is interested in an unpainted one, he will cost $25 which will include shipping. You will have to dremel out the space for the neck post of whatever figure you will use him for. If you want him painted, you will have to add $45 since it takes me forever to paint.

Angel is right...mold making while fun is a timely and costly process. It is good for me to learn how because my ultimate goal would be to make and cook my own appliances.

I only have enough mold making material to start Virgil. After Virgil, I will cast a gorilla, and I'll go slowly from there. Anybody interested?

This is my Dr. Milo. If you guys need a photograph of the cast, let me know.
ape027.jpg

Awesome! I'm in for each of those 2 head sculpts! :cool: Drilling them out is not a problem what-so-ever.

PZ--OMG!! All this time I was expecting the Lawgiver (the big Sideshow one) for some reason. I don't know why!! HOW long did it take for him to give it back to you? Are you going to have more done?

Why....he looks just like..just like the Lawgiver!! Thanks for the closeups...I STILL have to paint mine. All in good time, though.

Angel you lucky guy. You can stay up late and wake up late today and tomorrow.

I took the day off on Tuesday (doctor's appt. & class, and didn't want to be bothered coming in the afternoon for four hours...Egads. I have to crawl into the office tomorrow.

Hey...I'm rewatching Conquest right now. When Caesar is placed in the room after he is given a banana which he shares with the other three chimps...has anybody noticed how freaky looking those chimps are???? FREAKY LOOKING!!!

The makeup crew STILL haven't called me for a mold session!! UGH! Anyhoo...I'm not going to let this get me down. In one week I'm ordering another set of Zira appliances from Apemania. Thank God Brian has a few Zira ones available. I guess there's not that many females that dress up as Zira. And the neat-o thing is, the Zira appliances already fit me so very well. I better remember to order everything else, too: black tooth enamel, glues for the face, extra beards, makeup fixative, grease makeup... Bleeding money left and right!!

If the makeup crew get it together, I will also go that route and get an extra positive of my face. I am not stressing out over them now. I guess Dan is still feeling under the weather, and I don't want to send out any negative energies to him right now.

I was hoping some of the Apes fans could help me with a decision. I'm looking forward to buying some of the new Hot Toys POTA figures, and definitely want Ursus, but I want to make a choice between the other 2 gorillas. Should I get the Gorilla Captain or Soldier?

I was hoping some of the Apes fans could help me with a decision. I'm looking forward to buying some of the new Hot Toys POTA figures, and definitely want Ursus, but I want to make a choice between the other 2 gorillas. Should I get the Gorilla Captain or Soldier?

The soldier if you are posing him just with Ursus, as they go together from the film. If you are a fan of the TV series then get the Captain and then get one of the Burke heads being worked on in this thread to make a figure to go with him.

Jess, I'm in for whatever you cast. Please post a pic of the cast sculpt if you can, so as to see the final version and to see how the underside looks so I can see what type of modification is needed to mount it. Thanks!!

Back