Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm being bias but I can't help but see a gorilla. Maybe it's the snout :confused:

Also, maybe its because she's not painted yet. I think when the eyes and face are painted the sculpt will surely show the Chimp within. Great job Jessica, I know you've put a lot of effort into your sculpts. They look great.

Sticks, thank you very much for your honest opinion. And guess what? Because of what you said, I took another look, made one minor change, and I think I like her now!! :banana:banana:banana

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Don't worry. I will bring the chimpette out.

Oh...incidentally, no more sculpting for me for awhile. I am going to be doing a commission that I really want to work hard on, because I love my work to be spectacular. And, it's APE related!! :banana

And, on a non-ape related project, I have been commissioned to paint 3 heads Mego-scale!! :banana:banana:banana And they are humans!! And I am really raring to paint a human head since I used up my Christmas money to buy paints just in case somebody wanted to hire me to paint. So...I'm just excited and bouncing around, because I get to have fun and get paid to have fun!!

Sorry i didn't see this post until now. Do you have any extra Mego heads you'd be willing to trade? I have four open Scotty's and would love to switch out three of the heads to turn them into security guards. I used an Ivan Hoe head for a klingon, and he looks cool.

Sticks, thank you very much for your honest opinion. And guess what? Because of what you said, I took another look, made one minor change, and I think I like her now!! :banana:banana:banana

jessica, I know how much heart you have poured into these great looking sculpts. After looking again, I think it's the angle of the nose on the muzzle. The chimps nose looks to be more angular and slants downwards. You know how much i enjoy these sculpts and look forward to seeing the final results.

I only have one superman (has paint rubs)...and the only other human head I have is an astronaut repro. You can have them if you want. I'm going to use my ape sculpts that I will shrink to Megoscale.

I only have one superman (has paint rubs)...and the only other human head I have is an astronaut repro. You can have them if you want. I'm going to use my ape sculpts that I will shrink to Megoscale.

Jessica you're a doll. How bad are those paint rubs? Is it something I can fix? I'm not sure on what kinds of paint to use. If I do use those sculpts I'll have a few Scotty's left over and if you ever need them they are yours!!

Sticks, I'll pluck the heads off and get them in the mail to you sometime next week. I will fix whatever paint rubs are on it..just minor hair and eyebrow rubs and I have paint for that.

Ironman--I got those heads you mailed out to me. Thank you so much. I still think I need to shrink them a little bit more. Gee, I will be such an expert shrinker when I'm done with these projects.

What do you guys think?????

carsia013.jpg

carsia011.jpg

Good morning Jessica. Wow, that's a great deal for Khan, seeing that he sold out at Amoktimetime for over $30 bucks. I ended up getting two Khan's from a store in Canada so I saved a little money. I need to now get Chekov/Cheron, Sulu/Gorn. I usually but two sets of each, open one and store one away. Who knows maybe I'll give them to my god daughter some day. She's only 1 1/2 and she loves Maguto. He was the first thing she grabbed when she saw him. She even says his name, lol. I woner if DST (diamond Select Toys) plan to make Neptuna and Talos., do you know any inside information from your friends at the Mego Museum?

I also need to get Dr. Z and Zira from POTA that are now out. Did I ever thank you for showing me that preview of the POTA Dida Display. I hope that he's able to complete it. I wonder how much it'll cost. It even includes the Statue of Liberty scene! Those Dida displays knock the socks off of the Mego and DST retro bridge displays. Do you know if he's still going ahead with these displays? I think I read somewhere that these troubled times are making him slow down considerably and he doesn't know if he could make more?? I do want a Deluxe Command Center one day and get Ape City if he mass produces it. Such great ways to display these cool retro figures.

I can't wait to see those sculpts painted and fired up. Has anyone else in the Mego community done what you are doing?

Last edited:
Sticks, I'll pluck the heads off and get them in the mail to you sometime next week. I will fix whatever paint rubs are on it..just minor hair and eyebrow rubs and I have paint for that.

Ironman--I got those heads you mailed out to me. Thank you so much. I still think I need to shrink them a little bit more. Gee, I will be such an expert shrinker when I'm done with these projects.

Sticks, when painting Mego heads just be sure to use acrylic paints. Some early Mego to KISS customs of mine fell short when enamels were used.

Jess, Glad you got them. I measured them up against a couple Space:1999 heads I had waiting for Dr. Enlarger and thought they seemed the same but, you're the Mego fanatic. I can't wait to see how they turn out for you. I think Carsia looks fantastic and the tweaking on her nose was a great move. Really enhanced the resemblence.

The guys at the MegoMuseum know that I am planning to shrink these to Mego scale, and they have seen my work. They can't wait as well for me to make these available. As long as I can earn money to buy more craft stuff so I can keep working on apes, that's all that matters to me...and, Mego REALLY needs some screen-accurate looking apes. It really bugs me when it's not screen accurate.

Sticks, Scott as the MM does not know if he will produce the mega ape display because it will REALLY cost a lot to produce. I wonder if he can just be commissioned? Not really sure. Can you make your own?

I'm baking Carsia and Galen together today after I do the dental run and piano run with the kids this morning.

The guys at the MegoMuseum know that I am planning to shrink these to Mego scale, and they have seen my work. They can't wait as well for me to make these available. As long as I can earn money to buy more craft stuff so I can keep working on apes, that's all that matters to me...and, Mego REALLY needs some screen-accurate looking apes. It really bugs me when it's not screen accurate.

Sticks, Scott as the MM does not know if he will produce the mega ape display because it will REALLY cost a lot to produce. I wonder if he can just be commissioned? Not really sure. Can you make your own?

I'm baking Carsia and Galen together today after I do the dental run and piano run with the kids this morning.

Ahh that's is such sad news, but understandable in these tough times. Do you talk to Scot at MM? His displays look sharp and some of the reviews from people lucky enough to get commissioned work rave at the materials he uses. Nothing flimsy here, very durable and the snaps he uses make building alternate sets very easy. I hope he continues to make these. I may try to email him and ask him if he can make me one but am unsure on how to contact him. Jessica I think you and Kfog really got me hooked on these. These megos are so nostalgic. My goddaughter come over this morning and was playing with them again. Curiously she didn't touch the Andorians, Klingons, Khan, Romulan, Keeper, or the apes. I was able to sell a retro Romulan for $40! I've been told that these are the hardest of all the figures to get. I still see them sometimes here and there for anywhere between $16 - $30. So grab them while you can.

Kim Hunter had hazel eyes. I have seen a scanned autograph of Joanna Barnes, and she signed it "the green eyed chimp" or something to that effect. I'll have to try to dig it up. It's probably on Hunter's site.

Kim Hunter had hazel eyes. I have seen a scanned autograph of Joanna Barnes, and she signed it "the green eyed chimp" or something to that effect. I'll have to try to dig it up. It's probably on Hunter's site.

I really like the blue eyes, even though brown would seem more natural. I've been looking at the HT apes again and I think that I will swap one set of the soldier's and captain's vest. That way all the gorillas will all be a little different and one will represent Movie II gorilla, the one that shot Brent in the arm. :maul

Sticks I e-mailed you Scott's e-mail address.

Angel, I have been meaning to ask you...have you noticed that Apoxie sometimes does not hold the lines you make on it...for instance, the hairlines on a sculpt? Is it just me? Sometimes it seems like I make a line and come back later after it has cured a bit, and the lines are less pronounced than when I first raked them in. Drives me nuts!! Maybe that's why I now prefer Super Sculpey.

Back