Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for trying. Also, I'm sure they should be stored in certain conditions. I'm not sure what optimum conditions are for foam latex. I'll try to do some research to find out.

jungle jom said:
Thanks for trying. Also, I'm sure they should be stored in certain conditions. I'm not sure what optimum conditions are for foam latex. I'll try to do some research to find out.

You should keep them away from light and keep them fairly cool. I used to work in effects, and so have a fair number of foam latex bits and peices, so I roughly know how to look after such stuff.

Trouble what with my old work molds and my figure collections, I never seem to remember where I've left stuff half the time. :rotfl

Morgan the Raider said:
It's been a long time for me too on this thread. I'd love to see more humans made. I'd think about purchasing the heads if they were reasonable.

Do you still have Urko heads, Iron Man? I think I told you I was interested back in the day, but never realized you had actually got 'em done. Did you send an e-mail?

I should obviously have checked the thread, but I just missed it. :monkey3

Hey Morgan!! Yes, I still have a few of the Urko heads. I did send a "group" email out that they were ready back when they first were completed. Email me [[email protected]] if you're interested.

*******************ANNOUNCEMENT***************************

OK, I have grabbed the bull by the horns and can once again offer a NEW Planet of the Apes character head. That particular character is, as of yet, undecided.
Here's the details:
To get the head into the $25- $30 range we need a commitment by about 20 people. If we get 30 people it would be around $20-25 per head. Once [note the positive optimism here] we get the commitment by the minimum amount of folks, we'll start talking which character to start off with. Or we could start a poll now if you feel that would attract more people to participate.
Either way let me know how you'd like to proceed.
As always, feel free to email me with any questions, concerns or comments.
Thanks in advance for helping this to work and let's:

SAVE THE PLANET OF THE APES!!!

Ironman1188 said:
*******************ANNOUNCEMENT***************************

OK, I have grabbed the bull by the horns and can once again offer a NEW Planet of the Apes character head. That particular character is, as of yet, undecided.
Here's the details:
To get the head into the $25- $30 range we need a commitment by about 20 people. If we get 30 people it would be around $20-25 per head. Once [note the positive optimism here] we get the commitment by the minimum amount of folks, we'll start talking which character to start off with. Or we could start a poll now if you feel that would attract more people to participate.
Either way let me know how you'd like to proceed.
As always, feel free to email me with any questions, concerns or comments.
Thanks in advance for helping this to work and let's:

SAVE THE PLANET OF THE APES!!!

Thanks for the "horn-grabbing" gesture, Ironman! You know you can ALWAYS count on my support... whatever head that is decided... with the possible exception of Lewis and Stevie. :rolleyes: However, I realize that this unconditional support might be somewhat rare.

To get the commitment of 20 or so people, I believe the head to sculpted must by decided upon by vote first. Just so they know what head they are committing to.

May I offer a few to list in the voting.

1) Galen

2) General Aldo

3) Burke

4) Virdon

5) Armando

6) Virgil

Okay, so the last one is a bit self-serving... I doubt Paul Willliams would get the love. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

customizerwannabe said:
Do you ever get in trouble with copyright law with these? Just curious.
These are in no way a significant enough amount being sold to garner any copyright attention. These are not making a profit and are sold from collector to collector.

Protozaius said:
To get the commitment of 20 or so people, I believe the head to sculpted must by decided upon by vote first. Just so they know what head they are committing to.
That may well be, but if they're going to commit they're going to commit. I'm not adverse to posting a poll first, I just was looking at it the other way around. If someone really wanted Aldo, and Burke won, then we could lose a buyer. I know there's no perfect way to do it. I'm just trying to get as many in on this as possible. If I can get the right number to commit to buy [or pre-pay] then we could conceiveably due a new sculpt every three or four months. In the end I'm hoping that ALL the sculpts we want will see the light of day. Even Lewis and Stevie. :monkey3

Last edited:
Ok everybody....GO VOTE!!!!
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17696
The Poll will run until April 14th. That should be enough time to get everyone on board who's going to be.
Don't forget. If your fave doesn't come out #1 in this poll, please support this and get the winning head anyway. Hey, the one you want could be next. Like I said, if this gets the support it should and we all get at least one head then more and more can become available for us.

Last edited:
Morgan the Raider said:
Love the new site. It's one of the best toy sites on the web and you guys just started!

Thanks!

I only wish we could get more writers. I'm reporting all day and shooting all night. My photo studio is piled 4' high in shipping boxes full of new stuff (including a crap load of SSC)

:monkey1

Thanks!

I only wish we could get more writers. I'm reporting all day and shooting all night. My photo studio is piled 4' high in shipping boxes full of new stuff (including a crap load of SSC)

:monkey1

Dave - I look forward to your reviews. Is the Lawgiver in there? Hopefully you'll include all of the POTA figures, even the hard to find jailer, maruader, Astro Taylor Ex., BPOTA Taylor, and Slave Brent. :monkey5

I sure would love to revise this cool line and break into the television series.
Long Live the Apes!
GorillaSoldierwTaylorandBrentStill.jpg

Back