Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stickman said:
Wow, I can't wait. Very cool Dave. The Mutant Jailer!!!!!

Yeah, someone's going to be lucky. I don't even have that one yet (or any of the exclusives for that matter*). I'm hoping this brings a lot of fresh faces to the POTA line, 'coz next to Star Wars, this is my favourite line (followed very, very closely by X-Files and Buffy)

*As for the exclusives, all you American collectors have it so good. Figures, after shipping and duty cost us Canadians over $100 each. Sadly, that kept me away from all the exclusives when they came out. If there's anyone wanting to hook a brother up with empty exclusive boxes and the exclusive pieces to add to the archive, i'm sure we can work something out.

Yeah, someone's going to be lucky. I don't even have that one yet (or any of the exclusives for that matter*). I'm hoping this brings a lot of fresh faces to the POTA line, 'coz next to Star Wars, this is my favourite line (followed very, very closely by X-Files and Buffy)

*As for the exclusives, all you American collectors have it so good. Figures, after shipping and duty cost us Canadians over $100 each. Sadly, that kept me away from all the exclusives when they came out. If there's anyone wanting to hook a brother up with empty exclusive boxes and the exclusive pieces to add to the archive, I'm sure we can work something out.
(bumps Dave gently on the side).
"If we Americans knew how much it cost our Canadian Brothers we would of tried a little harder." glad to have you aboard. Not too sure about empty exclusive boxes but I have a few. I never opened my exclusives *except one of each* hehe(excluding the Jailer***:monkey2 . ) If I have what you may need, just give a shout, and I'll help out! "IT IS APE LAW."
POTAAPES013.jpg

*As for the exclusives, all you American collectors have it so good. Figures, after shipping and duty cost us Canadians over $100 each. Sadly, that kept me away from all the exclusives when they came out. If there's anyone wanting to hook a brother up with empty exclusive boxes and the exclusive pieces to add to the archive, i'm sure we can work something out.

Are you needing pics of the exclusives for your review Dave? If so let me know. I have a digital camera and I have opened mine and will be more than happy to send you pics if needed.

Dr_Zaius said:
Are you needing pics of the exclusives for your review Dave? If so let me know. I have a digital camera and I have opened mine and will be more than happy to send you pics if needed.

I, too, humbly offer any photo assistance that I can provide for you.

I totally forgot about that! Send me a PM :D
Send me your email address Dave. I have a link on my Ebay watch items of a Frobidden Zone Taylor. The auction ended a few weeks ago but the reserve was never met. He never relisted the figure. Email me and I will send you the Ebay link I have and you could contact him and see if he still has him. Maybe you all can work a deal out.

I was actually just in contact again with Chris. He had put the apes on hold and taken a break from it all. He is now getting a fresh go at it. I'm also still trying to convince him to cast some of his sculpts so we can have some variety in the ranks.

I've been there. The trivia (If you can call it that) questions are way too simple. But I guess that isn't really the point.

Actually I tend to over think the answers. For instance, the question "Who are the two apes that take care of Taylor?" I thought of a third.... Lucius, Zira's nephew. Without his help, Taylor would not have gotten past Julius and broken out of jail. And a fourth... Dr. Galen (along with an unamed nurse) "takes care" of Taylor by operating on him and performing a blood transfusion using Nova.

And for "What can Taylor do that other humans can't?" I thought it of at least three things that he can do although the question alludes to only one thing. In the words of Zira "Not only can this man speak but he can think and he can reason." He also can read and write to communicate with Zira and Cornelius.

And it the thought that Taylor is the only human that can speak is some what erroneous since in the span of the Ape Saga, we find that there Mutants in the Forbidden Zone at the time of Taylor capture with the capability of speech... even though they preferred telepathy.

So, I guess all of this over analyzing and trivia spewing makes me a truly pathetic Ape geek. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I've tried my hand at all four trivia questions so far. I have to say that it's very nice to see the Apes getting a little bit of love once again. I agree the questions are quite easy for an Apes fan, but a non-fan may have to do a bit of searching.

That's kinda the point though. We want to introduce a whole new group of people into the Apemania, right? THe more squeeky wheels we get, the better chances we have to get more POTA stuff. That's why we have to tell the world! :)

With all the Anti-War protests going on in the world today it would be awesome for SS to give us an exclusive Anti-War Chimp from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. I love that scene. Need some :peace apes

A quick query for all you wonderful 'ape fanatics'. Looking back over this thread I noticed some great photo's of your apes on 1.6 scale horses with full tack.

Where did you get these from? I want to try and get back into ape collecting (I only have Zira, Cornelius and Dr Zaius at the moment) and I'd love to have a go at getting a steed together for my fledgling Ape army.

Back