Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stickman said:
With all the Anti-War protests going on in the world today it would be awesome for SS to give us an exclusive Anti-War Chimp from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. I love that scene. Need some :peace apes

That would make a very cool peace (pun intended)! I'd grab one.

sueworld said:
A quick query for all you wonderful 'ape fanatics'. Looking back over this thread I noticed some great photo's of your apes on 1.6 scale horses with full tack.

Where did you get these from? I want to try and get back into ape collecting (I only have Zira, Cornelius and Dr Zaius at the moment) and I'd love to have a go at getting a steed together for my fledgling Ape army.

Dragon has some horses [I've seen them offered at Monkey Depot, War-toys and the Battle Rhino]. A less expensive alternative are the horses from the "Power Team" offerings if you can find them. Marx also released some horses back in the 70's with their Johnny West line and can be found on ebay for varying prices.
Hope this helps.

sueworld said:
A quick query for all you wonderful 'ape fanatics'. Looking back over this thread I noticed some great photo's of your apes on 1.6 scale horses with full tack.

Where did you get these from? I want to try and get back into ape collecting (I only have Zira, Cornelius and Dr Zaius at the moment) and I'd love to have a go at getting a steed together for my fledgling Ape army.

Hello Sueworld. I used DML's horse. The scale works better with humans but the apes can look cool too.
Here's an upcoming horse - could make a cool kitbash and looks smaller.
https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/images/items22798.jpg

Thanks for the info love, but pardon my ignorance, what does DML stand for exactly?

Oh of course, dozy me!

The thing is though aren't Dragon figures smaller in scale then Sideshow ones, and so wouldn't their horse be a 'bit on the short side' too?

sueworld said:
Oh of course, dozy me!

The thing is though aren't Dragon figures smaller in scale then Sideshow ones, and so wouldn't their horse be a 'bit on the short side' too?

Quite the contrary. The $ide$how Apes are smaller than most $ide$how figures. And the regular $ide$how body is not all that much taller than a Dragon or BBi figure. In addition, the Dragon horse is one of the, if not THE, largest available. It dwarves the old Marx horses and is a bit bigger than the Power Team version.

Oh right I didn't realise that.

Has anyone used old Dragon bodies to make ape customs then?

Also does the old Hasbro 12 inch apes clothes fit on Sideshow Ape bodies?

sueworld said:
Oh right I didn't realise that.

Has anyone used old Dragon bodies to make ape customs then?

Also does the old Hasbro 12 inch apes clothes fit on Sideshow Ape bodies?

I have used Eversparkle bodies [a Dragon/Hasbro hybrid type body] with the Hasbro Apes heads to make customs as well as $ide$how and custom heads on BBi bodies. Basicly, if its apes and I can think of a way to customize it, I'll try it.
The Hasbro ape uniforms may create a sleeve length problem on the $ide$how bodies if you don't use the right gauntlet covers. Otherwise they can be adapted, although their style doesn't "blend" in all that well.

Hmmm, looking at them I suspected as much. Looking back over this thread it looks like their Ursus helmet makes a good replacement for the one molded to the Sideshow version.

I'm tempted to buy one just to have a go.

sueworld said:
Hmmm, looking at them I suspected as much. Looking back over this thread it looks like their Ursus helmet makes a good replacement for the one molded to the Sideshow version.

I'm tempted to buy one just to have a go.
The Hasbro helmet is the way to go on Ursus and Urko.

Ironman1188 said:
The Hasbro helmet is the way to go on Ursus and Urko.

Or just use some tape. Why SS did this to us Ape fans no one knows. :confused:
GeneralUrsusIIStill-3.jpg

No disrespect to Brian, but I REALLY wish Mat did the protrait. He knocked the rest of the Apes out of the park. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Creech, I LOVE your sig, but...it's not where the Kurgan's been. Thats where $ide$how's been.
AngelofMusic, Great Shots. I always was inspired by what you attempt/accomplish. Truly great to have you among us.

Well, I found out why it looks like Burke won't be winning this poll either. Aldo, that dirty cheater:
POTA-TV29.jpg

Sent his soldiers out to kidnap poor Pete.

I think next time, I'm doing a human poll AND an ape poll.

I was just reading through this chain and thought this was funny enough to cut and paste it here. Maybe this will take some of you back.

On 12-07-2005, Ironman1188 asked the question: Why didn't the "Skipper" have a beard when Brent, Taylor, Landon and Dodge all did?

Protozaius responded to Ironman1188 by saying: “Brent knew the Skipper was a goner... he shaved the Skipper himself to prepare his body for a proper burial.”

I love it! That's good stuff Protozaius!
:rotfl

Back