Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman1188 said:
Well, I found out why it looks like Burke won't be winning this poll either. Aldo, that dirty cheater:
POTA-TV29.jpg

Sent his soldiers out to kidnap poor Pete.

I think next time, I'm doing a human poll AND an ape poll.
:mwaha
That's a great action scene. I can see the bridgekeeper working there.

The current poll has Aldo by a hair. It's too close. I'd always love another gorilla,:monkey5 but knowing a new sculpt is coming out of this is joy enough.

angelofmusic2112 said:
I was just reading through this chain and thought this was funny enough to cut and paste it here. Maybe this will take some of you back.

On 12-07-2005, Ironman1188 asked the question: Why didn't the "Skipper" have a beard when Brent, Taylor, Landon and Dodge all did?

Protozaius responded to Ironman1188 by saying: “Brent knew the Skipper was a goner... he shaved the Skipper himself to prepare his body for a proper burial.”

I love it! That's good stuff Protozaius!
:rotfl

You're a brave man, Angelofmusic... reading through all of the past pages is quite a daunting task. Frankly, it scares me!

I thought I'd share with my fellow Ape brethren a strange little auction I found on Ebay. A truly bizzare piece... yet it's strangely tempting....

For those interested in buying the piece, here's the link:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190096323714&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Interesting piece. Guess it fits into the Burton vision? Still, I'll wait until one of the companies mentioned releases it. Might make a decent background for a dio.

Great job on Landon and Dodge, Angel. They both look spot on.

As for that Ape Liberty head, wow that's cool. I hope it actually sees mainstream production. I like quirky stuff in my collection, and that thing qualifies!

angelofmusic2112 said:
Imprinted on the figures back it says: 2002 BLUEBOX

Sounds like you're going to track him down huh?:

I'm thinking about it. The biggest problem is going to be getting those astronaut suits cheap. How'd you get yours? Are they from Taylor or Brent?

Any place I could get them relatively cheap?

Thanks a ton!

angelofmusic2112 said:
I bought my figures and suits from Amoktime.com during the sale they had in November 2006 with a free shipping deal. Currently, they are selling them for $19.99 and you'd be getting the backpacks with the Taylor figure.

Do a search for "planet apes", check it out and think about it.

Free shipping...:dance those were the days...:chew

Yeah thanks Angel, I was going to school until an injury set me back. I hope to pick up the camera and film some ape content again soon. I was thinking that maybe Tecumseh Sherman from the Brotherhood of Arms line would be a cool slave HS to use.

Oh and Angel the shackels are from SS' vintage Universal Monsters line. Both Frankensteins -12" & Polystone 8" had shackles. The little one on Frankie's arm are from Polystone Frankie.
Monstermash.jpg
Frankenstein2.jpg
=
Caesar.jpg

Last edited:
Angel can you make chains that connect around the neck too? Hey where did you get those awesome jumpsuits? We need more of those gorills!:monkey5

Angel... Great stuff... Just great, I appreciate the time and effort and $$$. Conquest was not my favorite and I probably would not get anything that was made from that movie. However after seeing what you've done, I am reconsidering that. Really great stuff.

Great stuff Jom. What is that beard made of? Also I really like the material you used for the smock. The color is perfect. Have you ever considered using a little dab from a hot glue gun? After the glue dries it can easily be pulled away from the head sculpt. Great figures Jom! That smock looks amazing.
What about his hairy chest? I applied splotches of brown shoe polish. It served as a quick solution but is there a better one?

Angel how'd ya make that Alpha Omega Bomb?

Thanks Sticks. The Beard is sculpty. I made a negative mold with clay. Poured plaster in for positive. Sculpted the beard on the positive. Baked, seperated and there you have it. The most difficult part was the fact that the beard was so thin it kept breaking while I sculpted it.

The smock... Coincidently was the lining of the jacket I used to make these two costumes.

Hey All
What is going on???? I looked on the Sideshow site and ALL of the Planet of the Apes are listed as SOLD OUT and on waiting list status. DID someone buy them all out over night? Is our line seeing that much new life? Any Ideas???

Dr_Zaius said:
Hey All
What is going on???? I looked on the Sideshow site and ALL of the Planet of the Apes are listed as SOLD OUT and on waiting list status. DID someone buy them all out over night? Is our line seeing that much new life? Any Ideas???
Yeah, I just noticed that too. Maybe Cool Toy Reviews contest brought new life to this line. Amoke time is getting some previously sold out items in next month as well.
Apes- Apes-Apes- Apes!!!!

Back