Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the download Ironman! i am totally looking forward to having the time to read through!

OMG! I just added my highschool teacher as a friend on Facebook...and since my avatar is me under the makeup...I didn't think she would recognize me. I told her my maiden name, (it's a very unusual religious name and as a sister I'm sure she'd remember it)... that it was me under that makeup....and I'm waiting for her reply. LOL!!

We're leaving the country! Yay! I have not been outside the states for a LONG time. I hope we hit a timewarp and end up in Ape City. This is how our travel plans look:

First leg of flight: 5 hours.
Two hour layover in Georgia.
Last leg of flight: 17 hours. There is a stop-over for refueling somewhere for 1.5 hours, but we're stuck in that plane for 17 hours.

I'm going to knock myself out with some margaritas while on the plane. Lucky for everyone involved I'm a happy and sleepy drunk.

The other option, which I didn't really want to do, was a 10 hour flight. Then a bloody 11-hour layover wandering at the airport for the next flight. With three boys aged 10, 7 and 4 years??? Uh...no! That would be like herding cats again. Last leg of flight would have been 7 hours.

It's a long haul, no matter which way you cut it.

Last edited:
There was a custom Apes head on Ebay today I won as the only bidder. The seller sent me an email telling me I need to add $2.50 to cover his Paypal fees....WTH? Is it just me or are people going crazy? I sent him the actual amount on the invoice and told him he can't charge his Paypal fees to the buyer after the fact. I fully expect to never get the item and will have to go through the Paypal process for grievances. Had to vent...I've never seen anything like this.

There was a custom Apes head on Ebay today I won as the only bidder. The seller sent me an email telling me I need to add $2.50 to cover his Paypal fees....WTH? Is it just me or are people going crazy? I sent him the actual amount on the invoice and told him he can't charge his Paypal fees to the buyer after the fact. I fully expect to never get the item and will have to go through the Paypal process for grievances. Had to vent...I've never seen anything like this.

First - DAMN, how did I miss that? LOL

Second - Make sure and let Ebay know about the seller's behavior. They are strict against the seller asking the buyer to cover his fees.

First - DAMN, how did I miss that? LOL

Second - Make sure and let Ebay know about the seller's behavior. They are strict against the seller asking the buyer to cover his fees.

I should be nice and just not comment further. I get so tired of scams.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Dr. Milo. I missed out on the custom head. I wonder how it looked? I also missed out on Apethoven. But the timing is bad for me now. I just paid an arm and a leg for something I really wanted....and my wallet has been wrung dry.

Stupid trigger fingers. Anyhoo...I did get Apethoven. :banana

I thought I might as well keep him in the family.

Any apes out there interested in these:

(Unbearded flight suit Taylor, Zira, Cornelius, long jacket Zaius, and the Soldier), and from BENEATH I have the Mutant leader, Brent (flight suit), Ursus (standard release), and the regular release of Caesar...

They are not from me, but from someone else. Selling the whole lot as a set. Please make an offer.

Also, this person has these for offer:
Medicoms, entire set including all variants except the "brown" Cornelius. All are MOC.

Today is a GREAT ape kind of day!! I bought three Thunderbolt horses from a Mego Museum member...for about $12 each...including shipping/handling. Two are supposedly dark brown or black...and one is poseable. One has a broken tail but no biggie. I can always resculpt or just glue it back on. :blissy

They were delivered to the slavemines...they are here.

:ted

Why am I chattering to myself? Where have all the monkeys gone?

Angel, have you tried painting up Milo or Carsia?

What about you, IM? Where are your photos?

I know I've been busy hairing up my lace. I've put in 8 hours into it and have covered three square inches. I have nothing really to show for it...but that's what has been consuming my time.

Last edited:
Soo, you outbid me on the Apethoven, huh? LOL
Jess, how's the POTA 12" sale going?
My pix? They're in the works. I must admit, the painting seemed very easy at first. I'm still enjoying it, but it takes more than one coat of paint to make a head. And getting the paint right around the borders? Whew!! NEW RESPECT FROM ME TO ALL OF YOU WHO PAINT YOUR OWN STUFF!

No takers on POTA the 12" sale. I would buy them, but I've already bled my wallet dry until the next paycheck.

Back