Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jessica - Has anyone bought any of your ape sculpts yet?

Just you. :monkey4

Somebody is interested in buying them painted up...but I haven't had the time...and I've only got Carsia done. I have three more heads to paint before I can offer them for sale...so that's the status. :monkey4

I've been obsessing about my wig, so I haven't done any painting. I really have only two 8 more weeks before I go ape again and want to finish my wig before then.

He'd probably have better luck selling them as singles... what do you think?

I think you are right. I guess he would rather somebody make a lump offer and it would be easier for him to just mail one gigantic package than split them out. But if you're interested in a bunch of figures, he's open to that as well.

Congats on the horsies! That's a great deal. Did he happen to give you the bridles and saddles also? When are you going to melt them?

I'm going to start customizing again when I'm done with my wig. Did I tell you that I've committed 8 hours to tying the hair...and I've got three bloody square inches done? I'll post a photo of what I've done later tonight...and you can see that I have a LOT more to do. And I'm not even counting the sideburns yet. :(

Jessica - Has anyone bought any of your ape sculpts yet?

Jess - Learn from my bad experience... Don't use all your own money & casting supplies with the hopes of selling them. It seems everyone wants them, but many folks never pay for them after you've made the casts. You'll get stuck selling them on FeeBay trying to recoupe the costs. In other words, wait till your customers pay you upfront and then invest that money in the supplies. Those who are serious won't have a problem with this.

You're right, Angel. I'm not complaining. I am honored you bought my sculpts. I'm surprised anyone would want to buy them really. I just want to make enough money to be able to shrink them down...because Mego scale apes don't take up as much space....and sometime in the future I really want to make up the stadium in Mego scale so I could photograph it with all of my customized apes. That would be so grand if I could accomplish that feat.

Presenting...Jessica's growing collection of horsies!! The last guy I can pose...which is so totally awesome.

Starting from left to right...I paid: $24, $35 :)monkey4), $16:banana, $16:banana, $16 :banana!!! which includes shipping.

Cavalier008.jpg

Look how much bloody forehead I still have to cover on my wig. I have to tie the hair down all the way to where the T-pins are :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

This is 8 hours of work already but it doesn't look like I've done anything.

Cavalier005.jpg

Last edited:
Dang! Did you have to put all that hair on it one strand at a time?

The back of the wig was from the one I purchased already. It was too poofy up on top, so I scalpted that portion of the wig and sewed in wefts of hair across to cover the samurai bald spot. The forehead hairs I'm putting on two hairs at a time...sometimes I cheat and put three or four. The forehead hair has advanced very little. Now I have put in 10.5 hours of work into it. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Here are prices for the Sideshow apes available for sale:

Zira, Cornelius, Taylor, and Zaius (all standard versions) would be $20.00 each plus shipping

Brent-$20.00/plus shipping
Mutant Leader-$30.00/plus shipping
Ursus-$30.00/plus shipping
Caesar $30.00/plus shipping

BTW: Ursus, Brent, and Caesar are all the "standard" versions

Soldier is still available. He didn't give me a price. He wants to check what they sell for on Feebay.

If you really want that soldier, I will PM you his e-mail address and you guys can work out a deal.

Last edited:
Apethoven is in the house!

Here he is, ready to scowl at the kids during tonight's piano practice:
20090330_0232.jpg

I've set him peeking over the piano so the kids can see him when they sit at the bench. :joy
20090330_0233.jpg

Remember when I preordered the Tricorder last year to go with my Lieutenant Uhura outfit? Well I just got an e-mail that says delivery date is for May. Wow. I thought I would have had it by August last year. They better hurry and finish up that tricorder before I can't fit into my Uhura costume anymore!! Sheesh....

Hi Jess! I sent You a PM last Tuesday. Can You please get back with me? Thanks, Kent.:cool:

Many thanks to you guys who bought.

Tonight we're going to watch the Ugandan boys choir.

Zira's hairline on her forehead slowly marches onward. I have put in 17 hours already and you can barely see any progress...

Yesterday was quite fun for me. We had piano practice, and I had an hour to knit. Then sometime during the day we headed for San Jose, which gave me another hour to knit. While we were hanging out over there, I got to knit some more!! I have two mothers to be that I need to knit a baby blanket and a whole outfit for...and they are both due in two months so I really have to get cracking!!!

The Ugandan children's choir was also wonderful. I just can't wait to travel. I believe I have talked my husband into a safari....I'll let you know how that goes. My sister in law was talking about flying Emirates...their travel is only 22 hours which includes the layovers. Ours is 24 hours, also including the layovers. That's the fastest we will ever get to East Africa. The other times I have been before usually take 33 hours or so, including all the layovers.

Today I plan to finish painting the Bruce Lee head and also work on a Mego costume or two. I need to get these out of the way so that I can dedicate some more time to knitting and also hairing up that wig. If i do an hour of knitting everyday and then maybe two hours daily for the wig...perhaps I will complete everything in time.

I actually finished sculpting my Burke hairdo and I like it. After numerous attempts, Lucius is now completed also. I guess I'm now ready to dig out all my paints (once again) and start painting around 8 other heads.

This afternoon, I mounted a whip (onto a pole) as seen on the ape wagon in Beneath. I also affixed a small knife, and a sleeve-like container that holds the pole whip to the wagon. Cool.

Please some photos Angel!! I would love to see how your wagon is coming along.

Back