Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, everything is completely sold out at SideShow. That's a big bummer. I have hundreds of reward points that I was hoping to spend on Slave Brent and Ex. Dr. Z

I smell something fishy. Who got all the Exclusives. The prices of those things will skyrocket as the years go by. Only 400 or 500 made of Each. The only exclusive that won't live up to it's value is the Caesar poster. Now I have nothing to spend my points on at Sideshow. Bummer you can't use them on pre-orders, I would also like to get the bridgekeeper but he's EU only.:monkey2

Come on SS - Give us Ape lovers some Monkey Love!

More Apes Please!

stickman said:
Wow, everything is completely sold out at SideShow. That's a big bummer. I have hundreds of reward points that I was hoping to spend on Slave Brent and Ex. Dr. Z

I smell something fishy.

Me too. I'm fairly certain that there wasn't sudden surge in Ape sales that caused these sell outs. I've seen the same "out of the blue" sell outs happen to several Buffy and Angel offerings recently. Apparently, Sideshow was just tired of housing these "dead beat" figures in their warehouse.

The question is "where did they go?" Hopefully they will surface soon... and at DRASTICALLY reduced prices.

If they didn't want to house them anymore why wouldn't they just put them on sale? Maybe they just did this to get people (like me )to get on the wait list in a panic.:monkey2

Interesting question.... Sideshow, to my knowledge has never priced their figures at some sort of clearance price. Both Buffy and Ape line have enjoyed a running sale or two but no DEEP discount has been offered really. Perhaps they have a more profitable, and cleaner way to liquidate.

I simply don't know the answer. :confused:

I called Sideshow earlier today and asked them about the apes and why there was no stock all of a sudden. I was told that they sold them all out yesterday. (That's weird.)

Could it be that the Ape inventory was way off and they updated it? Who knows? :confused:

Now is the time to FLOOD Sideshow with emails and phone calls asking for more Apes. Now is the TIME for APE fans to unite and FIGHT LIKE APES!!!!:maul

Guys, it was most likely Amoktime who bought out their remaining inventory and has been liquidating them at wholesale prices. I'm sure Sideshow cut them a deal just to take them off their hands like they did with Highlander. I think we can now consider the Apes line as dead as that one I'm sad to say.

Dave that's a good thing! If one week on CTR managed to sell out Sideshow's inventory that means there is life to the line. Sideshow may take notice and give us the Apes we were lacking; for me that would be the tribunal and Dodge and Landon.

dekadentdave said:
Won't be long now before all trace of Apes disappears from Sideshow forever.

Possibly. However, I seem to remember that the Highlander section was wiped clean from the Sideshow web site due to a licensor request. In fact you can still access such dead lines as Van Helsing, Star Trek, World of Froud, Bones Clones, Live By the Sword, X-Files as well as those military lines. So, Planet of the Apes is still in good company... the clock isn't ticking quite just yet.

Besides, the Apes will never truly disappear. They are sitting on my shelf... well standing, anyway. And I plan on buying more... MANY MORE. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

dekadentdave said:
Won't be long now before all trace of Apes disappears from Sideshow forever.
The way $ide$how is now treating almost every license [and every fan] who is not $tar War$ related I fear it won't be long before any trace of any of us remains here. Does Hot Toys have a forum?

Ironman1188 said:
The way $ide$how is now treating almost every license [and every fan] who is not $tar War$ related I fear it won't be long before any trace of any of us remains here. Does Hot Toys have a forum?

Hell yeah! We should start a Hot Toys Freaks board!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock

Back