Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all you gorillas apes out there, do you ever wear the ape colors in public in your regular clothes, other than the obvious Planet of the Apes t-shirt?

I am asking because today I am wearing a beautiful gorilla plum sweater. It would be more awesome if I had a pair of gorilla-toed boots handy, but I don't. Someday I hope to make myself one though, with the help of Matt.

Does anybody have a photograph (up close) of the Sideshow Nova? Is the similarity there in bone-structure so that a better paint job could tweak out a Linda Harrison out of the Sideshow Nova? Just wondering....

Does anybody have a photograph (up close) of the Sideshow Nova? Is the similarity there in bone-structure so that a better paint job could tweak out a Linda Harrison out of the Sideshow Nova? Just wondering....

I think it's just a generic female face, and the same one they used for one of the Buffys.

Soooooo close to getting done...yet still so far. (Have to work on the sideburns)...This is a photo of the Apemania mask after I removed it carefully from my face. As you can see it's quite resilient and unbelievably strong for something so soft. You guys just have to take my word for it and purchase this when you can.

babyshower015.jpg

Thanks Angel! I was able to purchase it today. My second Sideshow human!! I'm going to re-do his outfit when I get to it so that he can wear the duds he was wearing in Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

That's a good deal you got on Taylor Jessica. Good for you that you were the ONLY bidder with a LOW starting price! Congrats! :)

Here is a reject that did not make it to the cupcake tree. The cupcake in the back was a special one I made for Ashton, and that didn't make it to the cupcake tree either.

babyshower003-1.jpg

I had to stuff the cupcakes with foil and paper napkins because the ice cream cones were too thin to sit well on my cupcake tree.
babyshower002-1.jpg
babyshower001-1.jpg

This is me circa 1975. I always had short hair because I would catch the hair on the back of my hands during the haircut I so could have ape hands.

mecirca1975.jpg

The cupcakes look yummy! How creative of you.

That button imagine is a real mind blower! Very neat!

That's a cool story concerning circa 1975 Jessica.

As a kid, I remember walking around the woods all hunched over like an ape, shooting my rifle BB gun at the trees and pretending they were humans. :anya2

Hey! Here's a thought. Let's see you make a big picture of Ursus using cupcakes, instead of buttons.

Finished the forehead tying of the hair! :maul

Guys, meet Axis, the newest chimp of the house. (His previous owner named his Axis). He's going to Baycon with me.

Axis003.jpg

Axis004.jpg

Axis009.jpg

Axis010.jpg

The photographer of the General Ursus buttons verified that the buttons are real, and that the image is not computer-generated. Here is a closeup:

3413047355_86d9ebc118.jpg

Haven't done crap all day. I want to but I have to go to a party next door. I wanted to watch KFOG KABOOM but the neighbors invited us. Today would have been a great day to see fireworks. It's a beautiful and clear sunny day. No chance of fog tonight. Crap.

I worked on my sideburns but not really happy with how they are turning out. I think I need to work on both simultaneously to make sure they look the same. I'm just gluing down clumps of hair with liquid latex. Stinky stuff, this liquid latex.

C-ya later. Going to take photos of the roses in the garden while the roses are in full flush.

Back