Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to make the eyes pop you need to use the transparent blue other wise it don't work as well ..tamiya sell transparent blue,red,yellow,green...and of course clear..and i think they have smoke too...the chrome or you can use silver or aluminum but if you use a different base paint it mite crackle the figures eyes ..causing a blood shot type effect..

bye

Hi edojoe49! I really appreciate this information! Thankyou, Kent.:cool:

Yes, they do have smoke, which I used on the lenses of my custom Vader. I used several colors on my Moebius "Dr. Jeckyl"kit. Said kit has clear "glassware";they transparent colors look very nice sealed inside...PS

Yes, they do have smoke, which I used on the lenses of my custom Vader. I used several colors on my Moebius "Dr. Jeckyl"kit. Said kit has clear "glassware";they transparent colors look very nice sealed inside...PS

PS, Edojoe, I never knew about these paints. I am going to have to look into them.

Remember at school when something is due yet you postpone and postpone doing work...until it's due and then it's too late? I am having that panic attack. I have to really work hard now on my costume. Have done NOTHING on it, and I've got to get it ready by Saturday. Holy crap.

Oh...the other reason I couldn't really work on it is because I've been knitting feverishly again. My nephew was born 3 weeks and 4 days early....and when he was born I had no present to give him. Almost done with his sweater now.

Oh yikes. I can't believe I can't find my chimp ears. I really can't remember what I did with them. I don't want to order a new pair from Apemania since theirs cost $75. I think I'm going to have to cut off the ears from Matt Sotis's pullover latex Zira if I can't find them any time soon.

Whew. Found the ears. Going now to start on the sideburns...start new ones or keep going with the ones I started (just gluing hairs down since tying them takes so long.)

Thanx DZ - I've been on the lookout for a used Caesar. New Sideshow apes, especially Caesar, have been soaring through the roof as of recent.

How are you doing Angel? I haven't been keeping an eye on them lately. I wonder why they are going for so much now? I know I haven't seen a Mutant Jailer for a long time on eBay. I would be curious to see how much he brings now. The last time I saw on on eBay, he went for around $80.00.

I just spent an hour sewing whatever lace I had haired up onto the main part of the wig. I've just cut the extra long hairs and now I'm going to style the whole wig with a hot curling iron. I forgot all about this.

Last edited:
Reminder, guys!! Hasslein, I hope you can attend and submit a report to us. There's going to be a Planet of the Apes panel. So lucky to whoever can make it. Also try to videotape it if at all possible...do whatever you can...gorilla video if you need to...

Eliot Brodsky's put this together:
May 29-31 a makeup F/X show in Burbank.
MONSTERPALOOZA - THE ART OF MONSTERS
Makeup F/X greats
Verne Langdon
Dan Striepeke
Tom Burman
and actor Lou Wagner will be doing a Saturday discussion concerning the behind the scenes experiances of working on the the film and John Chambers.
This is a very art F/X driven show .

https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/brod101/LAWEEKLYCORRECTED.jpg

Just wanted to let all of my Freak board friends know that my mom passed away this morning. Thanks to all of you who kept her lifted up in prayer!
John

Just wanted to let all of my Freak board friends know that my mom passed away this morning. Thanks to all of you who kept her lifted up in prayer!
John

DZ, My deepest and most sincere condolences go out to you. Having just lost my Mom this past November i know all too well what this is like. God speed to her and may she forever watch over you. If you ever need some one to talk to feel free to email me anytime. My addy is in my profile.

John

Hello John! My Condolences go out to You and Your Family. I know how it is to lose a parent (My Father) and how devastating it is. My Mother has a follow up this month after going through Chemo and Radiation treatments last year for colon cancer. I always ask for one more day of no pain for her. Take care, Kent.

Today is my finals for my class. Wish me luck. I did not really study. I ended up surfing because I am such a procrastinator!!

John

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mother back in 2001 to cancer and her absence still stings. All of my thoughts and prayers go out to you in this time of sadness.

Take care of yourself and the loved ones around you.

Back