Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching an old western movie. I believe it was the Outlaw Josie Wales. Anyhoo in that movie they had a stone-age looking wagon. I told my husband it looked like something straight out of Planet of the Apes. He thought it looked prehistoric as well and laughed at my comment. He totally agreed.

I am sooo excited!! Apemania has just been commissioned to bake foam latex appliances for Dylan and Ashton. If they can get me the baked foam latex gorilla prosthetics by Sept. 15, that should give me enough time to recreate deluxe pullover hoods that I will also hair up. Also, I need to sew Dylan's standard issue gorilla outfit, bandoliers, and probably a pair of fake wooden clubs. Probably no rifle, since school will not allow that for Halloween. I may have to take the day off if I decide to go under the goo. That will depend if I have a cold or not...

Wow I'm so frickin' excited about their gorilla outfits. They are going to look fabuloso!!

apes20068.jpg

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Jungle – You’re right. Brother Zachary needs to be a bit paler. I'll have to work on that some more. I totally agree with you on those 2 movies too. I Am Legend doesn't even come up to The Omega Man. The Omega Man rocks! Jessica you'll have to check this one out. Thanx for the feedback JJ.

In the meantime, here are my orangutans. They're not done. The President still needs work on his hair color and on his fabulous outfit. Virgil needs to get a bit of an overhaul as well. There's simply not enough detail in his face. I can see that I need to make the eyes of the Lawgiver much smaller too. They are open much to wide. He looks startled.

What an excellent display of simians! Mark, I would be so proud of these! Drool, drool!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I found something a bit interesting. There is a web site that logs all of the possible celebrity likenesses that companies like Dragon, 21st Century and Blue Box Toys have tried to slide past "the license police" in their military lines. Well, here's what I found on page seven:

luftwaffeitpt.jpg
luftwaffeitptmcdowall.jpg

The picture on the left is that of the Luftwaffe Squadron Leader from In The Past Toys. It sure bears more than a passing resemblance to the great ape himself Roddy McDowall. Gee... I'm half tempted to try and find this figure.

Here's the web address of the site:

https://www.famousfigures.com/celebs/celeb1.html

So I watched Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen today. When we got out of the theater, I was half expecting the cars to transform.

Selling my Planet of the Apes Sideshow Collection

For any of you that might be interested I am listing all of my POTA Sideshow figures on E-Bay today. Click on this link and it will take you to the first of the 10 auctions that I am in the process of listing. https://cgi.ebay.com/POTA-GENERAL-URSUS-12-FIGURE-LOOSE-SIDESHOW-EXCLUSIVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4147344120QQitemZ280367481120QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

I found something a bit interesting. There is a web site that logs all of the possible celebrity likenesses that companies like Dragon, 21st Century and Blue Box Toys have tried to slide past "the license police" in their military lines. Well, here's what I found on page seven:

luftwaffeitpt.jpg
luftwaffeitptmcdowall.jpg

The picture on the left is that of the Luftwaffe Squadron Leader from In The Past Toys. It sure bears more than a passing resemblance to the great ape himself Roddy McDowall. Gee... I'm half tempted to try and find this figure.

Here's the web address of the site:

https://www.famousfigures.com/celebs/celeb1.html

The ITPT bodies are horrible, but they did do a few very nice celebrity headsculpts. The Luftwaffe Leader looks a lot like Roddy. I have him in a turtleneck and pants waiting for a sport jacket so I can have him as he was when he hosted the POTA special. There are recasts to be had of it on the bay but it sometimes can be found in its original form and, IMHO, thats the one to get.

I forgot to say that I got an A in my class. For next semester, I need to take another class, and will probably take a night course. Not looking forward to it, but I need to do it so that I can move up from being a trained monkey and stop having to juggle other people's balls. That's getting pretty boring.

Hello Jess! I am sending you a PM for something that I found for you. Later, Kent.:D

Back