Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thekiss001.jpg

Angel was this the photo you were talking about, that you saw me kissing Cornelius?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not a good week for Apes in this week's Sideshow newsletter. No news on any new additions to any of the lines. The Dr. Zaius PF seems to be MIA... there is no info as to when the piece is shipping. And the three Hot Toys Apes release dates are officially moved to late third quarter.

On a positive note... the POTA Cosbabies are shipping!!! :eek:

Well, let Zaius PF be MIA until they get his jacket fixed!!! Because having that open flap on the ass is just too stupid.

Last edited:
I was hoping to bring the base of the PF to Comic Con and have it signed by the Sideshow staff involving in it's making. Doesn't seem like that is going to happen now. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Aw...that would have been cool to do, PZ. Maybe they're fixing that jacket. I know I sound like a broken record by now, but they HAVE to fix that jacket. It would just look goofy otherwise.

KFog - Did you work out that trade with Jessica? Just curious. It's always fun to get something new added to a collection.

I was studying the colors involved in the Tribunal. It looks like the Tribunal will be using four different colors within the brown and grey families. Looks easy, but getting started is always the hardest part.

It'll be great to put this painting project behind me and finally cross it off my list. :cool:

The Zaius PF is listed as arriving the week of July 13th in the Alter Ego newsletter.
On another note, I had hoped to complete some painting of sculpts as some "free time" seems to be upon me, but I tore the tendon in my hand and its making doing everything 1:6 even more difficult. :banghead

Thought I'd stick W.G.'s awesome find over here.

Wow. He's so gorgeous. Now I don't mind that he's on his way, because I did buy all 3 of these Hot Toys apes. I can't really tell but it looks like Hot Toys added the widow's peak, Thank GOD!!

Last edited:
I'm still happy I decided not to order this....

I just don't like the hair and prefer Sideshow's Gorillas more. I can see how the costume blows the Sideshow one out of the water.

I'm still happy I decided not to order this....

I just don't like the hair and prefer Sideshow's Gorillas more. I can see how the costume blows the Sideshow one out of the water.

The uniform and flagpole look really wonderful in that picture. Great job Hot Toys! Quality. Quality. Quality. Not $120+ worth of quality though. The hair on that gorilla is very "troll like" to me. I really prefer Sideshow's Gorillas much more.

Couldn't agree with you more, Angel. I am also not a fan of the hair and myself prefer the Sideshow gorillas which will always hold a special place in my heart. But it looks like Hot Toys did listen to fans and did add the widow's peak, so the gorilla does not have a flat hairline on top.

Can't really tell from the photo though if they improved the teeth...\

I think the hair could use a little trim though. It's a bit long for me.

Some apes are very hairy and can have different hairline but I think Hot toys can (and certainly will) do something for the hair of the top.

I'm really surprised some of you don't like the hair. I think it looks fantastic. The figure as a whole is incredibly realistic and without the "real" hair I don't think it would have been that way.

The outfit is stunning. Great detail. One of the most perfect figures I've seen. I soooo hope they make Zaius soon.

The uniform and flagpole look really wonderful in that picture. Great job Hot Toys! Quality. Quality. Quality. Not $120+ worth of quality though. The hair on that gorilla is very "troll like" to me. I really prefer Sideshow's Gorillas much more.

"Troll Like"... That just about sums it up....

Back