Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Troll Like"... That just about sums it up....

Ooof--that's a gut puncher of a statement...That's one of the things I don't really like about the Hot Toys apes. Everything else is fantastic, but the hair can go.

When I get the gorillas and you see me post them with French braids, and even pig-tails like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, then you'll admit that Hot Toys shouldn't have given the gorillas real hair that little girls will braid.

Re: Selling my Planet of the Apes Sideshow Collection

For any of you that might be interested I am listing all of my POTA Sideshow figures on E-Bay today. Click on this link and it will take you to the first of the 10 auctions that I am in the process of listing. https://cgi.ebay.com/POTA-GENERAL-URSUS-12-FIGURE-LOOSE-SIDESHOW-EXCLUSIVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4147344120QQitemZ280367481120QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

For anyone that might be interested...the auctions are all ending in the next 24 hours or so. Also, I ran across an extra POTA GORILLA SOLDIER 12" FIGURE which I just posted.

Been lying around the home the last 2 days, I’m sick once again. I plugged in the Planet of the Apes TV series, grabbed a blanket and a pillow and watched “Escape from Tomorrow” and “The Good Seeds”. I never gave it any real thought (until today) but Bobby Porter, also played the part of Remus (the young farm chimp) in “The Good Seeds”. It just clicked today for some reason with me. I knew that he had played the part of young Cornelius in Battle for the Planet of the Apes and the young chimp, Arno in “Escape from Tomorrow.”

Jessica did you ever finish your Anakin Skywalker chimp? :confused:

No. The Anakin Skywalker chimp has been sculpted and fired, but not painted.

Here he is:
IMG_5540.jpg

Not sure if I like him or not. Do you think I should re-do his nose and muzzle? Is his muzzle too big? I think it's too big and needs to be re-done. And I need to fill in those lines of his brows...they are way too deep and it looks horrible when painted. That's what happened with Carsia....I had to really fill in the lines I sculpted on with more clay or Apoxie to smooth her out more. When I sent you Carsia's cast, I filled it in for you.

I happen to be one of the few that really likes the Hot Toys Apes! With all the talent here, we could allways alter the hair to look more to the movie version Gorillas. I also love the uniforms, accessories, bodies, head sculpts, and the boxes graphics. I do not compare them to Sideshows Gorillas, but do feel that they can compliment each other in a diorama setting. The possibilities are endless! "Do not speak in Absolutes" the good doctor says!:monkey1

I happen to be one of the few that really likes the Hot Toys Apes! With all the talent here, we could allways alter the hair to look more to the movie version Gorillas. I also love the uniforms, accessories, bodies, head sculpts, and the boxes graphics. I do not compare them to Sideshows Gorillas, but do feel that they can compliment each other in a diorama setting. The possibilities are endless! "Do not speak in Absolutes" the good doctor says!:monkey1

I know. We have customizers on this thread that repaint, resculpt and plain out sculpt to fill their Ape longing, but a little real hair throws them into a panic. :confused:

Hmmmmm. That's good to hear. :eek: I didn't realize so many of us here on this thread were "in a panic". Please forgive all of us for panicking.

Don't get so defensive Angel. Its really strange that you feel ok with getting annoyed with someone that doesn't share your urgency on something or get as much done as you may but when something you don't agree with comes up you get all defensive and coiled.
You were half right in you previous comment. Quality. Quality. Quality. Thats what Hot Toys is known for nowadays. And at $105 these look to be a bargain in today's market.
Sideshow's were great back in the day when they were the only ape in town. These are much more screen accurate. I will admit that I always did like Sideshow's color choice for the soldiers. The black & brown looks, to me, more military.
But, back to the topic. C'mon, you dont think you could tame that hair and make a kickass gorilla?

The hair can be restyled. I'm not worried about that. I will probably do something with it. The only thing to panic about is the pricing, since you can't really bulk up your army. I totally love the costumes to these Hot Toys apes.

The hair can be restyled. I'm not worried about that. I will probably do something with it. The only thing to panic about is the pricing, since you can't really bulk up your army. I totally love the costumes to these Hot Toys apes.

Granted, you can't get as many of these as the SS. But, these are a POTA fans childhood dream come true!!

Don't get so defensive Angel. Its really strange that you feel ok with getting annoyed with someone that doesn't share your urgency on something or get as much done as you may but when something you don't agree with comes up you get all defensive and coiled.
You were half right in you previous comment. Quality. Quality. Quality. Thats what Hot Toys is known for nowadays. And at $105 these look to be a bargain in today's market.
Sideshow's were great back in the day when they were the only ape in town. These are much more screen accurate. I will admit that I always did like Sideshow's color choice for the soldiers. The black & brown looks, to me, more military.
But, back to the topic. C'mon, you dont think you could tame that hair and make a kickass gorilla?

I just don't see Jessica, Jungle Jom or I in a panic as you originally wrote. What possess you to write such things? We all simply stated we don't like the real hair. Forgive me and the others for not liking the real hair. Oh, and thanks for “going off” (again) unnecessarily.

I just hope with all that is in me that Sideshow gives us a Burke and Virdon. A great addition would be a Brent that looks like Brent also

I just hope with all that is in me that Sideshow gives us a Burke and Virdon. A great addition would be a Brent that looks like Brent also

Not likely, although I share your dream.
A Franciscus Brent is even less likely, though I would welcome a Burt Reynolds version as he was the first choice for the role.

I would like to see Hot Toys create new apes that Sideshow has not done yet. Real hair or not...whatever. I can deal with it. But what would be freaking awesome is if they DO MORE APES!!! YES>>>!!! Come on Hot Toys, bring on more apes!!

I would like to see Hot Toys create new apes that Sideshow has not done yet. Real hair or not...whatever. I can deal with it. But what would be freaking awesome is if they DO MORE APES!!! YES>>>!!! Come on Hot Toys, bring on more apes!!

I hope that the 1st three apes from Hot Toys do well. That's the only way we stand a chance of seeing any new ape figures from them. Like all of you , I'm curious about future possibilites.

Save your energy and focus on the real battle...let's bring some more apes onto this planet. Now that Hot Toys is on the verge of mailing out these apes in a few months, we need to rally the troops and get some more churned out. They have not yet breathed their magic on the chimps and the orangutans. When Hot Toys does, I will kowtow to them a thousand times.

Back