Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to get my paws on these Hot Toys apes. I'm going to take fantastic photographs and take them on wonderful adventures.

Save your energy and focus on the real battle...let's bring some more apes onto this planet. Now that Hot Toys is on the verge of mailing out these apes in a few months, we need to rally the troops and get some more churned out. They have not yet breathed their magic on the chimps and the orangutans. When Hot Toys does, I will kowtow to them a thousand times.

Like Virgil, your wisdom cannot be argued.
I concede.

Jessica - Does you green chimp fabric on your 1:1 costume match the green material of the SS figures? I was wondering about making a Prefect collar as seen in the TV pilot of POTA. I haven't been able to locate anything close as of yet.

Seeing these Hot Toys gorillas does once again fuel the fires of passion within. I can't wait to have them. So come on, Hot Toys, bring on the chimps and orangutans.

Jessica - Does you green chimp fabric on your 1:1 costume match the green material of the SS figures? I was wondering about making a Prefect collar as seen in the TV pilot of POTA. I haven't been able to locate anything close as of yet.

Let me photograph it and post. Hang on.

chimpgreen001.jpg

chimpgreen002.jpg

The dark olive green is the fabric that is an interweave lock. That's the green I used for my chimp jacket. It's more an Escape color than the original Planet color. The lighter olive green underneath everything is the new fabric I found. If you are going to re-do the Prefect, I suggest you re-do his entire outfit including pants. Zira's green jacket is totally not the right color (I'm going to re-do that someday), and I've included that in the photo as well for reference.

Last edited:
Wow, Angel. Your Burke looks just like him! I better hustle and give back Ironman his Burke so he can finish him off. I also have a lot of painting to finish up, but I'm leaving in a half hour to get fitted into a size 8 dress. I always wear a size 4 but size 8 was the smallest one they could find for me. Somebody (not me!) is going to have to re-sew that outfit...

I was going to make the Prefect collar myself. I know can handle that. I know that I couldn't do the entire outfit. I think what I might do is cut up an extra Cornelius shirt from Sideshow and make the collar using that. That way the color will match. I'm just wondering if there will be enough material.

Wow, Angel. Your Burke looks just like him!
Thanks - I know yours will look much better. After redoing his hair at least 3x, I just gave up and said good enough.
I also have a lot of painting to finish up, but I'm leaving in a half hour to get fitted into a size 8 dress. I always wear a size 4 but size 8 was the smallest one they could find for me. Somebody (not me!) is going to have to re-sew that outfit...

Good luck with the dress- What's the occassion?

Why don't you just use up some papertowels and see how much fabric you will need...plop that on top of the Cornelius outfit and see if there will be enough. I know Denise can do the entire outfit.

Back