Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus what if I mess up? Wouldn't that just be horrible?

OK. I'm off to forage for a snack before I go. I'll talk to you guys later. Until then, peace out, fellow apes.

zaiuspeace.jpg

"Mendez to control room, Mendez to control room"! I need to tweek the caps a bit.:monkey3

Not likely, although I share your dream.
A Franciscus Brent is even less likely, though I would welcome a Burt Reynolds version as he was the first choice for the role.

I know it is a long shot but I remeber hearing on a interview or reading somewhere that the TV series was a big hit outside the United States. So hopefully the Ape artist in the HT world is an Apes TV series fan. They did make the TV gorilla.

You know, I don't think Burt would have been a good Brent. I think James Franciscus was an awesome counterpart to Hestons Taylor.

I know it is a long shot but I remeber hearing on a interview or reading somewhere that the TV series was a big hit outside the United States. So hopefully the Ape artist in the HT world is an Apes TV series fan. They did make the TV gorilla.

You know, I don't think Burt would have been a good Brent. I think James Franciscus was an awesome counterpart to Hestons Taylor.

Did you guys know that James Franciscus rewrote much of that script? According to the book I have, Franciscus went from changing a few lines of Brent to rewriting the entire part. He spent many a nights rewriting this and upset a number of people. Franciscus said something like the part of Brent was written all wrong. It had originally portrayed Brent as a guy with absolutely no balls. I do remember James Franciscus also saying, it's no wonder the part didn't appeal to Burt Reynolds.

I think the interest in Burt was prior to them getting Heston back. Heston only agreed to the sequel if they killed off Taylor and they were probably looking for a "big name" to draw in audiences.
I, for one, would like a good Reynolds sculpt to just see the possibilities.

Gentlemen, we have a week to get a list going of what we want Hot Toys to make out of the apes line. Please gather your wishlist and repost. Today is Sunday, July 12. If I can get this list from you by Friday July 17. Please list in order of must haves. We don't want to inundate them with too many characters that are off the radar. We want to give Hot Toys the list to make their apes line sell, ok?

Gentlemen, we have a week to get a list going of what we want Hot Toys to make out of the apes line. Please gather your wishlist and repost. Today is Sunday, July 12. If I can get this list from you by Friday July 17. Please list in order of must haves. We don't want to inundate them with too many characters that are off the radar. We want to give Hot Toys the list to make their apes line sell, ok?

I would love to see, in no particular order:
Urko
Galen
Burke
Virdon
TV Zaius
Milo
Virgil
Landon
Dodge
Prefect Barlow

Back