Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see, in no particular order:
Aldo
Lisa
Urko
Galen
Burke
Virdon
TV Zaius
Milo
Virgil
Landon (Regular and Lobotomised)
Dodge (Regular and stuffed)
Prefect Barlow
Lucius
Astronaut Female Stewart in cryo-tube

I would love to see, in no particular order:
Aldo
Lisa
Urko
Galen
Burke
Virdon
TV Zaius
Milo
Virgil
Landon (Regular and Lobotomised)
Dodge (Regular and stuffed)
Prefect Barlow
Lucius
Astronaut Female Stewart in cryo-tube

Forgot about Aldo. YES!! we need him.
Landon and Dodge could come with their "post hunt" heads as extras. Stewart would also rock but even i think she's a bit of a stretch.

Jess, what is your intention with our wishes? Will you consolidate it into the most asked for figures so as not to beseige them with too much?

An ape has gotten through to a top dog at Hot Toys who is willing to listen. We have a week to get our act together. I am compiling a list, and I'm going to see which of those figures on the list would realistically sell. We'll submit a whole list, but from there select some figures that would be successful marketing-wise for Hot Toys. The only way to secure future apes is to give them what will sell. And I'm all for making more figures for my beloved Planet of the Apes.

Hello Jess! I have an extra one for you! Just say the word and I will ship one to you.:D

Kfog, that is the ultimate of coolness, but what can I trade that would equate with such a figure? How about if I sew you another pair of grey pants? Show me a screenshot, and I will see if I have that specific grey fabric in the house already.

Last edited:
An ape has gotten through to a top dog at Hot Toys who is willing to listen. We have a week to get our act together. I am compiling a list, and I'm going to see which of those figures on the list would realistically sell. We'll submit a whole list, but from there select some figures that would be successful marketing-wise for Hot Toys. The only way to secure future apes is to give them what will sell. And I'm all for making more figures for my beloved Planet of the Apes.

WooHoo!! That being the case does the "ape agent" have any word on whther HT is prone to redo what Sideshow has already attempted? I'd like to see more variety from them, yet, at the same time, I am curious as to what they could do with Cornelius, Zira and Zaius.

No sense in smothering them in requests for anything they aren't interested in making. They seem to be receptive, so let's see what they like then ask accordingly.

We need to give Hot Toys an idea of what will realistically sell. What key figures would keep the apes line going? What will sell in this market? We can't give them just a wishlist of what figures we personally want. That's the dillema.

We need to give Hot Toys an idea of what will realistically sell. What key figures would keep the apes line going? What will sell in this market? We can't give them just a wishlist of what figures we personally want.

Agreed. But that list could drastically change depending on whether they have an interest in revisiting all the figures SS churned out.

Hey Angel! I just noticed the Feedback score. I didn't know what you were talking about before...but I see it now just under my avatar. I am thinking it has to do with the recent fiasco concerning selling on this forum. I think it is a reassurance to the buyer, to view feedback, just like Feebay, before making a sale.

Last edited:
Hi

IM :wave
Angel :wave
JJ :wave
Kfog :wave
PZ :wave
Jess :wave
DZ :wave
BB :wave
Snick :wave

and everbody else that has kept this thread alive. I'm sorry I haven't been around and don't know how man, or who is still active here. All new recruits welcome!

I know I have been MIA for a very long while, too long actually, but I have a little down time today before I start filming again tonight for the GI JOE Film Festival later this year. I've been asked to create their opener.

I've recently noticed new shots of HT's Ape line and I must say they look incredible! I still have 5 of these on pre-order, and am not sure how I'm going to be able to pay for them, but I'm determined to find away. These figures are going to look incredible with the amazing Ape Wagon Angel made for me and Snick.

IMG_9220.jpg

I truly hope all of you are well and look forward to reacquainting myself with everyone in this thread. I look forward to talking to you all very soon.

-Stickman

Hiya Sticks. Welcome back from the Forbidden Zone. Check your PM. I'm sending you something that I sent out to the movers and shakers of this thread.

Jess.

STICKS!!!!!!

How have you been! I hope all is well with you.

What's the new film about?

I miss your great skills as a photographer. I always loved the way you lit your pics and films.

We need to give Hot Toys an idea of what will realistically sell. What key figures would keep the apes line going? What will sell in this market? We can't give them just a wishlist of what figures we personally want. That's the dillema.

I think a Burke and Virdon would sell well on the Apes human action figure level. They seem to have been kitbashed by a few on this forum and have received very good comments.

Back